Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2014, 02:37 PM

4 posts, read 3,834 times

Advertisements

Me and my husband are looking into opening a new restaurant and we feel boulder would be a good choice for us because of the schools and amenities. But i would like to know for sure if it would be a good choice. So how would a new restaurant do in boulder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 05:56 PM

2,289 posts, read 2,945,461 times
Awesome! Every new restaurant is a huge success!!!!!!

What type of restaurant?

Old 10-29-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_dog_us View Post

What type of restaurant?

Along the lines of american pub

Old 10-29-2014, 08:58 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,400,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_dog_us View Post

What type of restaurant?
NONSENSE! Every New Restaurant in most cases are huge failures and can suck you dry of your money, very quickly.

The OP statement of: I want to open a restaurant, without any precise details, because it is Boulder and has a University strikes me as naive!

I run across many of the wantabes in the past without any business plans, any ideas of what it takes and I just laugh...

They think because they frequent restaurants as patrons that gives them the knowledge. Sometimes they just have more money than sense.

Along the lines of an american pub Yea...

But they have the name already FKH---like that is the place to start as in putting in the cake in the oven but forgetting to turn on the fire!

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 10-29-2014 at 09:10 PM..

Old 10-30-2014, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawna2292 View Post
Along the lines of american pub
That is still fairly vague, but I'll try to answer your original question.

Boulder has a very strong restaurant scene. It was voted number 1 foodie town by Bon Appetite a few years ago. Boulder is a great place for a restaurant, but the competition is brutal. I mean brutal. Add in that the customers in Boulder can be a bit unique. You better understand every food allergy, source your food locally, and have the right beer for example.

I would suggest you move to Boulder and work in a restaurant for a year or two to get an understanding of how things work here.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:20 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,098,599 times
If you have to ask, you'll probably go bankrupt. I'm an analyst, the restaurant industry is one of my primary areas to cover. Rest assured that if you are asking, there are people out there with vastly more experience that will break your dreams and feed them to you

Old 10-30-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
NONSENSE! Every New Restaurant in most cases are huge failures and can suck you dry of your money, very quickly.

The OP statement of: I want to open a restaurant, without any precise details, because it is Boulder and has a University strikes me as naive!

I run across many of the wantabes in the past without any business plans, any ideas of what it takes and I just laugh...

They think because they frequent restaurants as patrons that gives them the knowledge. Sometimes they just have more money than sense.

Along the lines of an american pub Yea...

But they have the name already FKH---like that is the place to start as in putting in the cake in the oven but forgetting to turn on the fire!

Livecontent

Were not opening a restaurant because of the university, the schools were in reference for my daughter. Also we have a business plan and a menu. So this is thought out and not just some spur of the moment thing.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
If you have to ask, you'll probably go bankrupt. I'm an analyst, the restaurant industry is one of my primary areas to cover. Rest assured that if you are asking, there are people out there with vastly more experience that will break your dreams and feed them to you
There are going to be people out there with more experience, but i wanted to get a feel for how restaurants do there before we get in to deep, and no one can break our dream. But thank you for the advice

Old 10-31-2014, 06:36 AM

Boulder is one of the hardest places to open a successful restaurant. There are a lot of customers, but the competition and costs are obstacles that very few can overcome. If it was me, I would come to Boulder and immerse yourself in the food industry. After a year or two hone in on some of the better concepts, and open a restaurant with those ideas in a town far from Boulder. Take the best Boulder ideas and go to a place with low competition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
View detailed profiles of: