Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2008, 04:08 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,466,992 times

Advertisements

I have to believe there is one as we have a substantial Hispanic community, but I don't know anybody in town to ask. I'd like one where you can have a delicious sitdown lunch or dinner in nice surroundings with good margaritas and also does takeout. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 04:12 PM

66 posts, read 246,960 times
I just found Casa Grande off clover basin rd. It's behind the Outback steakhouse. I've been there about 4 times since finding it and it's quite good.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:03 AM

1,664 posts, read 4,362,313 times
La Mariposa on Ken Pratt Blvd, Santiagos on Francis St (great food, not so great atmosphere), 3 Margaritas up on N Main & Hwy 66, Deli Cioso on S Main. Try them all...

Old 01-30-2008, 10:41 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,154,100 times
In our experience, there wasn't a "good" mexican restaurant in Longmont. The ones that Shuffler mentions are all uniformly terrible ... unless you love the gooey, gloppy, cheesey, smothered with strange sauces masquerading as green chili, type of "mexican" food. Not one of them has a menudo or posole or stew or good flavored chili heat, let alone a decent salsa, or seafood cooked in any real mexican recipe, or tamales worth your money. Don't even look for ceviche. It's all Mexican Food for the New York City taste .... awful ... you could do better in the frozen food case in your supermarket. Bar drinks are simply not a measure of real mexican food ....

The closest mexican restaurant in Longmont was to head over to Fort Lupton ... Burrito Delite. It's a limited menu, and the "atmosphere" isn't fancy (far from it ...) but the food was "real".

Another place would be to head out to Cisnero's in Greeley. About 50 minutes away, but well worth the trip.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:36 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qatcat View Post
I just found Casa Grande off clover basin rd. It's behind the Outback steakhouse. I've been there about 4 times since finding it and it's quite good.
Is that the place that's part of those condo/loft things? I've been wondering about it since we live very close to there. It would seem that during the summer sitting out on the patio would be very nice.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:39 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilaili View Post
I have to believe there is one as we have a substantial Hispanic community, but I don't know anybody in town to ask. I'd like one where you can have a delicious sitdown lunch or dinner in nice surroundings with good margaritas and also does takeout. Any suggestions?
I'm not sure there is such a thing as a good margarita in a restaurant, is there? They most times use the mix which is horrible. The only one I know that doesn't is the Rio, but their food is bad.

Best margarita recipe is the one if the Bobby Flay cookbook.....those pack a punch.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:24 PM

66 posts, read 246,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Is that the place that's part of those condo/loft things? I've been wondering about it since we live very close to there. It would seem that during the summer sitting out on the patio would be very nice.
yes, it's in condo/loft building I'm pretty picky when it comes to Mexican food. I've done a lot of time in SoCal, Texas and Mexico so I feel I've had some good mexican food experiences. Casa Grande although not perfect is the closest to authentic I've had. I don't hesitate to go when I'm in the mood. I've tried a few other places don't remember the names but don't plan on going back

Old 03-31-2008, 11:50 PM

115 posts, read 323,462 times
It's not Longmont, but I like Efrain's in Lafayette...

Old 04-05-2008, 05:48 PM

87 posts, read 416,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradocutter View Post
It's not Longmont, but I like Efrain's in Lafayette...
Eferian's has a location in Longmont on Ken Pratt Parkway near Ken Pratt Blvd. The Margarita's are good and so is the food and service. Eferian's cousin George owns the one in Lafayette. Eferian owns the one in Boulder and in Longmont.

Try La Pandaria at Ken Pratt and Main behind Village Inn or up north on the east side of Main St. Near 11th St. The Carnitas are great. Be sure the wait staff speaks english.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area