Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 06:13 PM

27 posts, read 194,565 times

Advertisements

Hi, My boyfriend is moving to Longmont for a one year period. Does anyone knows of cheap places to live in this area?

His maximum rent would be $800-900/month for a 1BR or maybe a nice studio. We have enough saving to afford this but his gross income as a grad student does not cover the 3X your monthly income requirements imposed by the "professionaly" managed companies. So he is looking for apartments owned by individual people, not companies. Can anyone help us?

He is willing to live in places such as Broomfield, westminster, etc.. but would rather avoid Denver if possible (too long of a commute).

To be more specific, I am looking for websites or any sources that can give me information about individually owned aprtments/condos.

Any suggestion welcomed.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2007, 07:04 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Try www.craigslist.com

Old 01-07-2007, 05:48 PM

27 posts, read 194,565 times
Thanks for the reply!

Old 01-16-2007, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 6,211 times
My daughter rents an apartment at Quail Village Apartments. She is in a two bedroom apartment for around $770 a month. The apartment complex is part of a low income housing program but the apartment complex she is in didn't have an income restriction.

You might also check

http://www.ci.longmont.co.us/cdbg/housing/aff_rent.htm

for some options.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:30 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,470,946 times
Um, I'm moving out of my 1-bedroom in Longmont that's less than $600 at the end of March and will need someone to take over the lease. But it's an apartment complex, not privately owned. On the plus side, it faces west and it's on the top floor.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:34 PM

2 posts, read 10,166 times
Default Longmont Apartments

I am moving to Longmont in a couple of months for work, and was wondering if anybody could fill me in on some details of some of the apartments around the city. Good or bad experiences would be great, just wanted to know some things that I won't find on the usual websites (rent.com, apartmentfinder.com, etc.) (Single male in my late 20's)

Also was curious what mobile phone service people used out there. I have T-mobile right now, is there one particular carrier that a majority of the people use or has better coverage, a local/regional one perhaps?

Old 02-06-2008, 06:43 PM

355 posts, read 2,402,896 times
Jace,
I used to live at what is now called Circle at Lake Shores apts in Longmont off 66. They used to be called Overlook at the Shores. They were much older apartments & were ok, but once the management changed, not so much. Rent was pretty cheap for the area, I paid about $610-$640 something like that, but you got what you paid for. If you have a higher budget for rent, I would try looking at newer, nicer apartments. The ones right next to those are called the Shores. I viewed them before I moved into the other ones & they are just a little bit more $, but a lot nicer. So I guess it depends on what you're looking for. Good luck to you.

I have Sprint & never had a problem with service in Longmont.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:34 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,470,946 times
I used to live in the sister apartments to the Overlook on Hover & 66th (now called Circle at Sunset). They were reasonably priced but small and the old management was inefficient. I haven't heard great things since the change in ownership either. Apparently the Legacy apartments on Nelson are nice and very convenient to the main shopping district, but they have very strict pet policies and cost a bit more.

I use T-Mobile and have never problems with it in Longmont. Reception up in the mountains (eg; Peak to Peak Hwy) is more hit and miss.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:40 AM

271 posts, read 1,380,723 times
I was a T-Mobile customer and ditched them for Sprint in summer 2007. I've worked in Longmont since 2005, & reception was spotty the further in the building I was. Sprint, on the other hand, has no problems at all, anywhere on the Front Range that I've been (Ft Collins to Colorado Springs). Has nice & fast EV-DO nearly everywhere.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:14 PM

66 posts, read 247,022 times
I'm building a house in Firestone and am currently living in the Fox Ridge apartments for 5 months. Not bad maybe a little expensive, about $1000 for a 2 bdroom, I think a 1 bdroom can be had for around $750-800.

The do a nice job of keeping the place up. Walk through whatever apartment you take if you go this route.

AT&T works fine for phone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area