Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 04:27 AM

52 posts, read 67,557 times

Advertisements

What's Broomfield like? I found this complex which looks super nice and pet friendly.

Luxury 1, 2 & 3 Bedroom Apartments in Broomfield, CO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 11:41 AM

7,519 posts, read 13,624,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbert View Post
What's Broomfield like? I found this complex which looks super nice and pet friendly.

Luxury 1, 2 & 3 Bedroom Apartments in Broomfield, CO
It is located just north, and across the US 36 Turnpike, from Flatirons Crossing Mall. It would be about a 13 mile drive up US 36 to downtown Boulder. It is also on the very west edge of the City of Broomfield.

There is a large open space and lake just to the east, with trails.

It is in a cluster of relatively new apts and condos, based on accessibility to the Mall, US 36, RTD ParkNRide, and the NW Pkwy/E-470 route to DIA.

Broomfield itself is mainly a "bedroom" community, with the Mall as its main commercial/restaurant area. There is no real "old town" area, like Louisville, Lafayette, or Longmont. There is a dog park near the center of town, near the well regarded Rec Center.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Re...4d-105.1219136

It would be a good central location if you have no need for a daily work commute.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:19 AM

1,260 posts, read 2,044,404 times
The main advantage of Broomfield, in my book, is that it is sort of mid-way between Boulder and Denver, although, depending on the time of day it may take longer to get to either Boulder or downtown Denver. To me it would be a trade off - what do I need more: being closer to Denver, or to hiking trails near Boulder.

If you are into long bicycle trails - there is a new bike path running along US36, which should be accessible from that apartment complex, although I'm not 100%, need to look at the map closer.

If I were you, I would find 5-8 different complexes all over the Boulder area, and then come visit for a few days, with appointments at every complex to see the premises, apartments etc. This is what we did when we were moving 5+ years ago. We came for a long weekend and saw 5 or 6 apartments and houses (we were actually looking for a single family home, but there are 4 of us). We saw places in Louisville, South Boulder and Gunbarrel. Not a lot was available, but driving around gave us some idea of neighborhoods.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:40 AM

Thanks, that is exactly what I am planning. I have identified at least 5-7 dog friendly apartment complexes in Boulder, Broomfield, Gunbarrel and Louisville, Lafayette. I just need to get my house sold, and I am coming out!

Old 06-17-2016, 12:33 PM

7,519 posts, read 13,624,634 times
Map of Broomfield trails here:

City and County of Broomfield - Official Website - 2015 Broomfield Trails Map

Old 06-22-2016, 09:36 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,946,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbert View Post
Thanks, that is exactly what I am planning. I have identified at least 5-7 dog friendly apartment complexes in Boulder, Broomfield, Gunbarrel and Louisville, Lafayette. I just need to get my house sold, and I am coming out!

That sounds like a good plan. Each of these areas has a different feel, and with out knowing you it's tough to say which is best.

South Boulder was mentioned earlier, and that's where I live. It's a great part of town for hiking and running because there are a ton of trails in the area. There is also a Rec Center for swimming. The dining is great but limited. We have the Southern Sun, Under the Sun, and Murphy's. All three are very popular. I'd suggest trying to stay close to the intersection of Broadway and Table Mesa because that is the most interesting area. There is the Boulder Creek Apartments right there plus a lot of options near Tantra Park.

If you decide you want to check out Boulder Aquatic Masters (BAM), let me know. My wife is a volunteer lifeguard for the OWS and is fairly active in the pool swims, and she would be happy to tell you the details.

Good luck!

Old 06-23-2016, 04:07 PM

Thanks I will check out South Boulder too.

Old 01-15-2017, 12:10 PM

5 posts, read 3,047 times
So nbert, will you share what you have decided? I accepted a job at CU Boulder, and I am relocating from NYC suburbs with 4-acre yard next to the nature preserve where we lived 23 years. I will need to rent as we have not even put our home on the market. So my plan is to get a short term apartment rental, find a rental home, and drive to NY to pick my senior dog up. After our home is sold, we will look into purchasing a home. I know - what a plan! And I know the life will not work according to plans.

I have two dogs, but I will leave senior one at home for now as I do not want to fly him, and he will never be comfortable in the apartment living. This thread has been very interesting as I have been looking for a rental in the similar areas - the only difference is that I do not need a bar

Gunbarrel and Longmont seem to have some good trails that you can hit after work. Is the commute to CU Boulder from Gunbarrel or Longmont better than the commute from Broomfield?

Old 01-17-2017, 08:04 AM

1,260 posts, read 2,044,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJDOGS View Post

Gunbarrel and Longmont seem to have some good trails that you can hit after work. Is the commute to CU Boulder from Gunbarrel or Longmont better than the commute from Broomfield?
Gunbarrel to CU will be a lot better than either Broomfield or Longmont. To compare Broomfield-CU to Longmont-CU commute it is important to know where exactly in either. Both are decent size towns.

If commute time is important and you are commuting during the regular rush hours, Gunbarrel would be a lot better. I'd say 20-25 minutes will be the max. Broomfield to Boulder in the morning rush hour will be 40 minutes at least. Not familiar with Longmont to Boulder traffic, but I think it would be pretty similar to Broomfield-Boulder - busy and slow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area