Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2016, 08:59 AM

724 posts, read 1,933,774 times

Advertisements

Hi all - I FINALLY found a local job, so now I'm here! I'm looking for recommendations on a good bank or credit union, preferably a local Colorado bank. I have a general list of about 16, but I like to hear what everyone thinks.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 02:25 PM

1,260 posts, read 2,043,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qfrost View Post
Hi all - I FINALLY found a local job, so now I'm here! I'm looking for recommendations on a good bank or credit union, preferably a local Colorado bank. I have a general list of about 16, but I like to hear what everyone thinks.

Thanks!
Congrats! Very happy for you.

Just curious - why do you need bank to be local? We used to have an account with 1st Bank, but there were too many conditions on keeping it free.
Now we bank with Chase. Makes it easier to find an ATM when we are travelling.

As far as credit union - we have a car loan with Security Service Federal Credit Union (https://www.ssfcu.org/en-us/Pages/default.aspx), but only because this who car dealer set us up with - they were giving the best rate. I recently looked at their mortgage refinance rates, and wasn't impressed (I can get a lower rate with Chase).
Do not want to give Chase free advertisement, but I have almost every Chase product possible - checking, savings, credit cards, mortgage and even some of my husband's retirement money are with Chase. We've been pretty happy with them.

Old 10-05-2016, 06:04 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,945,073 times
Elevations credit union is great! There is a branch by our house with an ATM, so we are set. We were with Wells Fargo for years, but they started trying every angle to market things to us and it got old. Elevations seems to be very low key and interested in helping when we ask. We do almost all of our banking online though, and the ATM is really important because the Southern Sun doesn't take cash. lol.

but even more important, Congratulations!

Old 10-05-2016, 07:38 AM

17,709 posts, read 29,808,528 times
Don't forget to check the Yelp reviews.

Old 10-05-2016, 09:08 AM

724 posts, read 1,933,774 times
Good point. I just wanted to avoid the issues with banks like Wells Fargo as Brown Dog indicated. I'll check Yelp too, thanks.

Old 10-05-2016, 09:11 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
Credit Union by all means!!!!
Best Boulder, Colorado Credit Unions

YOU are an owner!!!
My CO CU has served me well for 40+ yrs, including last year (and many others) spent abroad

Disclaimer:I have USB and WF accts for some businesses I own, but do all my personal banking / on-line / brokerage linked / bill pay / ATM / Mortgages through my CU... Banks have been brutal at times (1980, 1989, 1999, 2008) and banks would have forced me BROKE if not for my very solvent and helpful CU.
I am a volunteer International Co-op business / CU developer ...(in my free time)
it is nice to have a .coop email

Join-up!

BTW: millions of investors who were never late ONE PAYMENT lost their assets to the banks in 2008, and the US TAXPAYER subsidized the banks to do so!

Banks ALWAYS win! (Even when they get bought out)

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 10-05-2016 at 09:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
View detailed profiles of: