Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 03:59 PM

230 posts, read 222,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_dog_us View Post
Mead, Fredrick, Firestone I'd guess lean red.

Longmont, Erie, and Lafayette are purple.

Also, south of Denver (Highlands Ranch, Parker, Castle Rock) tend to be red.

You might be happier in the Southeast like Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, or the Carolinas. I'm originally from Atlanta and that sounds a lot like what you are looking for.
Thank you for your perspective on the surrounding places, although I would be concerned cities South of Denver would be too far away.

As for those other states you mentioned, too many gators haha. And I don't think I could deal with the humidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count David View Post
Longmont is normal. Boulder is not.

I hope this answers your question.
Me too

Old 09-21-2019, 08:27 PM

408 posts, read 256,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count David View Post
Longmont is normal. Boulder is not.

I hope this answers your question.
I live 10 miles from Longmont. The above statement nails it.

Old 09-22-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoge View Post
I live 10 miles from Longmont. The above statement nails it.
I don't want to oust where you live specifically if that is not something you want to share, but how does where you live compare to Longmont? Is your opinion of Longmont favorable?

Old 09-22-2019, 07:43 PM

408 posts, read 256,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealheadrun23 View Post
I don't want to oust where you live specifically if that is not something you want to share, but how does where you live compare to Longmont? Is your opinion of Longmont favorable?
Not a problem. Longmont and all of the surrounding towns. Mead, Hygiene, Firestone, Niwot, Frederick, are what I consider to be towns were you can have a back yard and raise a family, Trust me, Boulder is nice and have a good vibe, but i do not consider it a good place to raise a family. I live about 10 miles east of Longmont in Firestone.

My wife and I go to Boulder for Pearl Street and some of the funky restaurants that we enjoy.

So, I answered the first question with my "family" filter on. If you are moving out here, good luck and enjoy.

Hunting and fishing out here is a big thing. It is bigger in the Longmont area than the Boulder area. I am just now taking up fly fishing.

Old 09-23-2019, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoge View Post
Hunting and fishing out here is a big thing. It is bigger in the Longmont area than the Boulder area. I am just now taking up fly fishing.
I am glad to hear that. Thank you for contribution to this thread! I took up fly fishing recently as well, although I was living temporarily in a place where it was more practical. Unfortunately that is not the case for where I am currently living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area