Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Moving to Colorado: find a job, teacher, traffic, college, market.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:42 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,432,435 times

Advertisements

Boulder might be more pet-friendly but it is also WAY more expensive. But it depends on what you consider to be expensive - how much can you afford to spend? What other things are you looking for? Rental or own? Will you work while at college or not? What kind of pet do you have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 08:54 AM

26,130 posts, read 48,769,814 times
Lauren, you aren't the only one having the quarter-life crisis, so I merged your post into one that discusses a lot of the same issues.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:06 AM

2,885 posts, read 7,105,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLauren View Post
Hey all,

I'm currently 25 (single, female) going thru a quarter life crisis. That's right I'm trying to figure out what exactly to do with my live and where to go. I'm a graphic designer by trade, but really could see myself doing just about anything creative. I'm looking into the Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design in Denver for the Web Design Certif Program. I'm in Erie, PA right now but looking for a move to a more creative city with lots to do. I'm drawn to Boulder and Denver due to the beautiful landscape and 300+ days of sunshine (which I hope isn't a lie because here in Erie it's almost always gray and cloudy). I love being outdoors and can handle a true winter. I'm not a huge fan of snow but I've also heard that winters are somewhat mild in the fact that snow doesn't stick around too long. I've thought about moving south but don't enjoy walking outside and breaking into an instant sweat, yuck. Anyway, I'm considering Boulder and Denver. I like that Boulder is more of a small town feel with great start up companies. But I also like that Denver might have more jobs to offer. I'm pretty laid back and easy going, just looking for a great place to live that could offer and positive future. Also looking for a place that is pet friendly and isn't too expensive. Any advice on what city might be better?

Thanks!
Come visit and see the area.

So many people think Boulder has a "small town feel," but in my opinion, it doesn't. The city of Boulder is actually quite densely populated and congested. Population density in Boulder is high. The city is bordered by lots of city and/or county open space.

It has a different feel than Denver, and buying property in Boulder is more expensive than many areas of Denver, but if you're renting, the difference in expenses can be minimal.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:15 AM

10 posts, read 23,310 times
@Mike: Thanks I did read her post but was disappointed that she ended up moving back home. I would have liked to hear about her life in CO. Oh well...

@Chilaili and Suzco: I would be renting for sure and with roommates. I wouldn't know anyone if I did move so it would be nice to have roommates and cut down on costs. I would work while attending the design program and I have a small dog. I am planning on making a visit in July but just looking for some feedback on the areas before I come there.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:01 AM

26,130 posts, read 48,769,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLauren View Post
@Mike: Thanks I did read her post but was disappointed that she ended up moving back home. I would have liked to hear about her life in CO. Oh well...

@Chilaili and Suzco: I would be renting for sure and with roommates. I wouldn't know anyone if I did move so it would be nice to have roommates and cut down on costs. I would work while attending the design program and I have a small dog. I am planning on making a visit in July but just looking for some feedback on the areas before I come there.
Send that gal a DM and ask her about her time in CO, worst can happen is she declines. Maybe she'll come back in and add more info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area