Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2009, 01:47 PM

19 posts, read 31,408 times

Advertisements

Hi, my husband and I are possibly moving to the Boulder/Louisville area from Atlanta due to a job transfer. I am originally from the northeast and feel a bit out of place in the south - a bit too religious and conservative for me. I don't hold anyone's religious or political views against them but I feel they are forced on you down here. People assume you feel the same way they do. From what I've read, Boulder is a pretty liberal town. We are not "far to the left" and prefer living in a family/suburban area (have two elementary school age kids) with strong schools and neighborhood feel, but with open minded people. I wondered if there are strong political/religous views one way or the other in those areas? Also, I do like the amount of amenities in and around Atlanta (shops, restaurants, etc.) and wondered what that was like in that area. Thanks very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 02:02 PM

530 posts, read 2,620,756 times
You will love it here in Louisville. My family and I moved here from New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, one of the places we also thought of moving to was Marietta. We are so glad we chose Colorado. We are in our mid 40s and have made so many friends. We have a son at Monarch HS (16) and a daughter at Louisville Middle School (14) in special ed. We are happy with the Boulder Valley Schools.This is the friendliest place I have ever lived. (NY,MI,TX,LA). In general I think the people are very accepting of just about anyone and anything. Louisville has a quaint downtown with some shops and restaurants, and Boulder is just a few minutes away. I work in Denver and it has pretty much everything that Atlanta has, shops,restaurants, arts, museums and of course sports! Bottom line... I wish we would have moved sooner. You WILL love it here! Best Places to Live 2009 - Top 100: City details: Louisville, CO - from MONEY Magazine

Old 11-25-2009, 08:25 AM

25 posts, read 60,298 times
Political views don't really have a geographical separation in the front range area of Colorado. Sure Boulder sounds more liberal, but the laws and antics they raise are actually fare more restrictive than neighboring towns. But the point I'm actually trying to make is that you can exercise or demonstrate your political views with realitvly the same amount acceptance and/or repulsion in any area.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:22 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,386,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomy View Post
Political views don't really have a geographical separation in the front range area of Colorado. Sure Boulder sounds more liberal, but the laws and antics they raise are actually fare more restrictive than neighboring towns. But the point I'm actually trying to make is that you can exercise or demonstrate your political views with realitvly the same amount acceptance and/or repulsion in any area.
Agreed.

Louisville is pretty conservative fiscally, esp. right now when tax collections are down. Not much that the pols do will impact your daily living to any great extent. The people in town run the gamut, as everywhere else, from very liberal to very conservative. I would say the city council has a pretty moderate look at the moment, and we just had elections, so it will stay that way for a couple years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area