Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 06:56 PM

631 posts, read 1,575,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
30 - 40 mile commute each way from Denver
Dude what are you smoking? It's nowhere near 40 miles unless you live near Wheat Ridge. Longmont is further from Denver than Boulder is and Longmont's not even 30 miles away.

My guess is 25 miles along Highway 36 at MOST. If you were saying BOTH and not EACH then I might agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 09:39 PM

708 posts, read 1,295,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eon-krate32 View Post
Question #1: I wouldn't say that you NEED a car, but having one certainly helps in all situations. Doesn't need to be fancy, just needs to run.

#2: DON'T LIVE IN BOULDER PROPER. Live in Broomfield, Littleton, Denver, or Longmont. You might have to take the bus but living in Boulder can be a nightmare...

#3: Refer to part one of my response to #2.
As far as gays go Pueblo is the obvious choice to live in but that's out of the question unless you can get a transfer there. Longmont is probably your best bet for the 'sociability' factor (we were named an All American City after all).

#4: YES. Boulder is not worth living in unless you absolutely have to. Commuting from either Denver or Longmont along Highways 36 or 119 respectively is totally worth it. Longmont is the cheaper of the three cities anyways

#5: Subarus are very nice cars to have, especially considering the terrain. I personally have a 2006 Chevy Malibu Maxx http://www.autosite.com/images/2006/Chevrolet/Malibu_MaxxSS/400/2006_Chevrolet_Malibu_MaxxSS_exfrdrvr34.jpg (broken link) (photo) and it works perfectly in just about every situation I've been in so far. Other models I recommend are Dodge, Honda, and Toyota. If you like taking trips to the mountains then get a Dodge, Chevy, or Subaru, and remember to take it easy on the switchbacks and steep inclines (especially on the decent).

I hope this information helps and if you need any further information feel free to ask.
As for #3 you must be smoking something. There are approximately 33% republicans that voted in the past election according to the latest voting records, which means there are over 30,000 non liberal people living in Boulder, (although I guess some republicans can be liberal), most of which seem to be living in my neighborhood. Boulder is no different than any other city I have lived in with regard to the so called liberal bias, I don't see it outwardly, except for more Obama bumper stickers than McCain. So what?

You mention living in Boulder can be a nightmare, but I suppose it's only your nightmare.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:09 PM

670 posts, read 1,172,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
You mention living in Boulder can be a nightmare, but I suppose it's only your nightmare.
Yeah... like wth?
Been away for a few months and I see the Boulder bashers are still at it. Sad, pathetic, envious sort they are.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:54 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,508,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eon-krate32 View Post
Dude what are you smoking? It's nowhere near 40 miles unless you live near Wheat Ridge. Longmont is further from Denver than Boulder is and Longmont's not even 30 miles away.

My guess is 25 miles along Highway 36 at MOST. If you were saying BOTH and not EACH then I might agree.
I live in Lodo and commute to Gunbarrel so I'm actually talking about north Boulder. That is about 35 miles.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:52 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,953,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
As for #3 you must be smoking something. There are approximately 33% republicans that voted in the past election according to the latest voting records, which means there are over 30,000 non liberal people living in Boulder, (although I guess some republicans can be liberal), most of which seem to be living in my neighborhood. Boulder is no different than any other city I have lived in with regard to the so called liberal bias, I don't see it outwardly, except for more Obama bumper stickers than McCain. So what?
Is that Boulder proper or Boulder county - just curious, not that it matters. But you are right - my husband commuted to Boulder for 6 years, we have many friends there, we do a lot of activities in Boulder and our son was involved in a sports team there. We have never experienced all the issues with people that many have a perception about.

Here's a funny tidbit....

I live in sw Longmont, which supposedly is more conservative. The vast circle of our neighbors in our neighborhood are hard core liberal. And very out spoken about it.

Bottom line is, find an area to live that you will love being in, participate in activities you enjoy doing to meet people with similar interests, and if politics and religion are hot button points, don't bring them up. People around here don't walk around everyday spewing their political and religious views and frankly, when/if it does come up and you may not agree, just be an adult and agree to disagree.

Maybe the reason I don't notice all these "types" of people in Boulder is because I don't let what others do or how they act bother me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area