Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 06:19 PM
jds jds started this thread

162 posts, read 456,600 times

Advertisements

The Big fight this weekend! I think this is a tough fight for Manny. This will be by far his toughest fight! Mosley will bring power and is a good boxer who if throws his jab could cause Pacquiao alot of problems. I feel that this fight lines up nicely for Mosley because, Pacquiao will come forward alot however, hos footwork and hand speed will make things very difficult for Mosley. IF Mosley can stick around for 3 or 4 rounds without taking alot of punishment I think he can stun the world and Knockout Pacquiao. Mainly because his reach is 67-74 big advantage and he will be alot stronger then Margarito was... who hurt Pacquiao a couple times in their fight. Things could get interesting and I feel Pacquiao could seriously lose this fight... I hope he doesnt however so our Dream Fight can still try to materialize!

LEt me know your thoughts and prediction within the next couple of days I will post my exact prediction.. right now Im torn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 08:35 PM

222 posts, read 419,321 times
Mosley has power, but is not quick....although I was impressed by his quickness against Margarito. That was the best I've seen Mosley that I remember. Pacquaio is in his prime and is still a fierce competitor who is always coming forward and is relentless. Mosley is up their in age (39) and I think Pac (32) is gonna tire him out with quickness and relentless punching after feeling him out the first couple rounds. I predict Pac wins by TKO in round 10. I better be able to find a place to watch it as I will be out of town.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:28 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,694,554 times
Thats how i see it. Mosley will have some momments, I cant see him outboxing Manny though, not at this age. And Manny has a chin, he will push this fight and wear Shane down. Same- late rd TKO 9-11 for Manny

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBing View Post
Mosley has power, but is not quick....although I was impressed by his quickness against Margarito. That was the best I've seen Mosley that I remember. Pacquaio is in his prime and is still a fierce competitor who is always coming forward and is relentless. Mosley is up their in age (39) and I think Pac (32) is gonna tire him out with quickness and relentless punching after feeling him out the first couple rounds. I predict Pac wins by TKO in round 10. I better be able to find a place to watch it as I will be out of town.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:40 AM

1,475 posts, read 2,554,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jds View Post
LEt me know your thoughts and prediction within the next couple of days I will post my exact prediction.. right now Im torn
I see this fight as difficult to predict. If Pac comes in at his best, he'll walk all over Mosley. BUT... If Mosley is at his best and Pac is not, then it will be a long and grueling night for Pac.

I see a Pac win by decision, however it could get interesting. Mosley is real good, so anything could happen.

One thing we can be sure about. It will be much better than a Pacquaio - Mayweather fight.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:18 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default Easy win for Manny

This will be an easy fight for Manny and the outcome will depend on how much punishment Shane can take. Shane looked great against Margarito because Margarito is not the fighter many thought he was. Margarito just a mediocre fighter who is easy to hit and immobile. Shane looks great against such fighters (Margarito, Mayorga, Vargas). He has the most difficulty against agile fighters, especially those who can hit. See Mayweather, Cotto, Winky Wright, Forrest. Mosley is 39 now. He's not as fast as he once was, not as strong either. Mayweather picked Mosley apart and embarrassed him.

Manny has already obliterated a superior fighter in Cotto. Cotto is both a superior boxer than Mosley and has greater power. Cotto beat Mosley nearly four years ago when Mosley was better than he is today. Expect Mosley to go the way of Cotto in his fight with Manny. I see a feeling out process in the early going as Manny measures his man. Then as he begins teeing off on Mosley, who is outboxed, Mosley will either fall or quit. If it goes the distance, I see a near-shutout for Manny.

The marketing strategy for this fight is to of course give the impression that it's a competitive one, with Mosley summoning up one last monumental effort to catch Manny by surprise and out powerbox him. But this is not going to happen. Mosley long past his prime and has little to nothing in the tank. This is a young man's game, and at 39, Mosley has neither the substance or character to surprise a prime Manny with skills he has not ever shown against a fighter like Manny.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 05-05-2011 at 11:30 PM..

Old 05-06-2011, 09:45 AM

1,475 posts, read 2,554,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
This will be an easy fight for Manny and the outcome will depend on how much punishment Shane can take.

Margarito just a mediocre fighter who is easy to hit and immobile.

Mayweather picked Mosley apart and embarrassed him.

Manny has already obliterated a superior fighter in Cotto.

This is a young man's game, and at 39, Mosley has neither the substance or character to surprise a prime Manny with skills he has not ever shown against a fighter like Manny.
I disagree on a few points. A boxer can continue to *gain* strength into their 40's. Just like powerlifters and others do.

Margarito was not a mediocre fighter (unless you mean that particular fight).

Mayweather always picks people apart, that's his style. Most any top-notch boxer can poke and run. But that makes for terrible fights to watch. A great boxer can stand toe-to-toe and doesn't need to run.

Comparing who each fighther has beaten is just a general way to gauge who might win. There are too many variables in boxing for that to be a dependable method of picking the winner. That's why there are so many upsets in this sport.

There are many older fighters showing great ability in the ring these days. I think the reason boxing is a young man's game is not due to age, but wear and tear. I think a fighter has only so much fight in them and every fighter has more or less than the next guy. If a fighter has a hard career he uses up his fight earlier in life. If a fighter pokes and runs his whole career he will be able to last the most years.

Can't wait to see what happens Saturday.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:52 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times
Pacquiao is going to kill Mosley

Old 05-07-2011, 12:47 PM
jds jds started this thread

162 posts, read 456,600 times
call me crazy if Mosley throws an effective jab and lands body shots early Im going with Mosley with a late stoppage because hes too strong and he wears pacquiao out to the body.. prediction 10round TKO Mosley

Old 05-07-2011, 02:18 PM

222 posts, read 419,321 times
Mosley can't straight up outbox Pac. If Mosley has any chance, it is when Pacquiao is throwing a combination of punches and Mosley catches Pacquiao with a counter punch to stun him and that would open the door for an attack by Mosley. And that would have to happen more than once because Pac can recover at least the first time should that happen. That being said, I'm still going with Pac TKO in round 10.

Old 05-07-2011, 03:39 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Pacquiao's speed and cardio are the biggest obstacles Mosely faces. he will have to rock Pac-man early and make every punch count. the hand speed and sneaky shots from angles could cut Mosely down fast if he's not careful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing