U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2012, 09:14 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,295,160 times

Advertisements

WOW

Lopez TKO's Ortiz in Shocking Upset End of Round 9 on Stool | Bleacher Report

Shouldn't be so surprised since Ortiz has quit on the stool before....your career is over son.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 03:18 PM

519 posts, read 504,215 times
Very exciting fight. Punches with bad intentions were being thrown (and landed) by both fighters from Round 1. If Lopez had more punching power, he likely would've stopped Ortiz earlier in the fight.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:09 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,524,427 times
Ortiz was lucky that they Floyd dropped him when he did, his career is a rizzap

Old 06-28-2012, 06:43 AM

1,483 posts, read 2,917,725 times
I feel there are several layers to these individuals (Boxers). To move between levels, a transition must take place for change. The transition between levels is the problem for Ortiz. My dorm room psychologist excuse for Ortiz follows. In my eyes, here is what I see (generally speaking)
- 1st level is a fight. Most of us average people, even me, coware at the idea of fight unless we are drunk or our lives are threatened.
- 2nd level is a brawl, the individual found someone who can throw with them and they are not scared. All Boxers can go there, which is what makes them Boxers, not average. Also, "some" of these Boxers do aggravate fans because they are 20-0 but get crushed in the Championship fight. Promotors are the source of the problem, creating cream puff matches up to the title match. This is tough for us, because we do not necessarily see challenges, only wins. We miss the ability to see him operate under pressure, to see if some doubt creeps in.
- 3rd level is to conquer, maybe death, and win. These people are a step above. I do feel this people can be dangerous and do put it on the line. Champions are here.
- 4th level, is total mind games, the person is on "E", its completely all about will. Obvious examples, Ali & Gatti, truly inhuman types, you literally have to shot these guys. Those who reach their core, stay Champion by all and any means necessary, and stay champion for a long time unless they meet another level 4.

Ortiz is a very odd individual. He throws punches with bad intentions. When challenged he does take it to 2nd level, rather quickly too, and he has proven that several times. The transition to the next level 3rd level, to win, to conquer, is where he falls short. I am confused because he does enter the 3rd level (slightly), he steps into the door entrance, but then he quits as soon as the door fully opens. If you have the guts to go that far, why quit now. Its hard to critique the guy because being a Champion is a special individual but I am confused at where he quits. Ortiz is a borderline Champion but he will not make it until he fully enters through the door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or