Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2012, 12:50 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times

Advertisements

What do people here think of this guy? Watching him beat Chisora, I was struck by how skinny his legs appear and the mediocre way in which he fights. He's not very talented, and in another era, he would be just another Larry Donald with a slightly heavier punch. I have never been impressed with his opposition, and I think that Wladimir Klitschko exposed him as a fraud with a big mouth. He's just an oddball British fighter who looks better than he is against fighters who are a bigger bum than he is.

Not impressed with David Haye. He's obviously looking for another big payday after being exposed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 01:36 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
What do people here think of this guy? Watching him beat Chisora, I was struck by how skinny his legs appear and the mediocre way in which he fights. He's not very talented, and in another era, he would be just another Larry Donald with a slightly heavier punch. I have never been impressed with his opposition, and I think that Wladimir Klitschko exposed him as a fraud with a big mouth. He's just an oddball British fighter who looks better than he is against fighters who are a bigger bum than he is.

Not impressed with David Haye. He's obviously looking for another big payday after being exposed.
I disagree to a large extent.

Haye has fast hands, and excellent power. Not only that, but he consistently gives up a great deal of weight in contrast to his opponents. Once, he was even outweighed by 100 lbs.

He is a throwback fighter in that regard. He's not afraid to fight, despite the weight. He doesn't make any excuses, like so many other fighters that are quick to profess their greatness, but sometimes won't fight people in the same weightclass that they have a title.

If you watched him vs Wladimir Klitschko, his defensive ability on the outside is undeniable. Rarely did Wlad, who is a very accurate puncher in his own right, land any clean shots.

What impressed me against Chisora is that Haye beat him on the inside. He improved noticably since his last fight when he delivered an unprepared performance against Wlad, where he underestimated his footwork, handspeed, and control of distance.

Haye looked like an oldschool fighter in there with Chisora. He was rolling similiar to guys like Marciano, Dempsey, and Frazier used to do. He would keep his head unprotected at times, and he could still make improvements, but I thought he improved substantially and he got the job done with an exciting KO peformance.

While he may not be the best heavyweight, he is easily the most exciting. He is undersized comparitively speaking, and that could potentially be a liability, but as Chisora found out the hard way, Haye can punch.

And if anybody thinks differently, and that they can rush him, they are going to find out the hardway that Haye can hurt them, and his hands are faster than theirs.

If he manages to land a fight with Vitali, and beat him, I wouldn't mind seeing him in there against Wladimir again. Hopefully, he'll manage to get inside, and do some work on the inside considering his gameplan last time didn't work.

At the same time, he knows he can survive if he has to against Wlad, which has to have some positive affect on his confidence. Afterall, Wlad is only human.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:59 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,398 times
Nothing like a little retirement to execute a steriod training plan, then come out of retirement with sudden explosive power to knock out a granite chin opponent.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:00 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
Nothing like a little retirement to execute a steriod training plan, then come out of retirement with sudden explosive power to knock out a granite chin opponent.
Haye has always been known for his power. He was the first guy to knock our Ruiz, and even Wlad was tenative of his right hands.

The guy is the first guy to manage to wobble Valuev, with a left hook. He had him doing the chicken dance.

Haye just comes from a long line of comparitively smaller guys with speed and power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing