U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 12:12 AM

3,770 posts, read 7,296,895 times

Advertisements

People call Broner the "Mayweather clone" and while there are some similarities, the swag and arrogance, I think Broner is on top of his game right now, or at least getting close. (Money May might be getting to the other side already) I like this kid and think he has a lot of promise. He's big, he packs a powerful punch, young, and dynamic. Should be interesting to how his career develops.

Looking forward to the fight next week.
HBO: Boxing: Adrien Broner vs. Vicente Escobedo

Best part will be "Come brush my hair daddy...."http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-02-24/news/31097283_1_post-fight-boxing-gym-wbo-junior-lightweight-title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 12:48 AM

519 posts, read 504,444 times
Yeah Broner has the confidence, arrogance and swagger of a Mayweather. He also has the tremendous speed. His KO percentage is impressive. He's clearly the most skilled guy in his class. I'm curious to see how he responds when he's matched up against someone that he can't simply overwhelm. He definitely needs to step up in competition from Boxing After Dark type fights to HBO Championship Boxing type fights.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:29 AM

322 posts, read 446,209 times
Agreed Im about tired of hearing Broner run his yap. I understand that hes got some very good skills, so he has the right to be supremely confident. I also understand that hes only 22. However, he seriously needs to stop fighting these bums and step up to some real competition. Hes got 23 fights in the bank already. How many more journeymen do we have to see him walk all over until he fights someone decent?

Im pretty sure that the Ponce de Leon fight put a scare into some of his people. His first major step up didnt go as smoothly as they let on. I get that part of it. But if I have to keep listening to him talk about what happens when you put a good fighter (his opponents) up against an elite fighter (him), Im going to lose it. Its time for him to step his game up and go after some of the big dogs. Id like to see Yuriorkis Gamboa go up in weight to go against Broner. If he can whip someone like Gamboa; Ill happily listen to every cocky, arrogant and self aggrandizing statement that comes out of his mouth. Until then he needs to stop trying to be like Money May and get his own act.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:52 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,415,713 times
He looks like a beast to me... sky is the limit for this kid. If he works as hard as he talks... He'll definitely be another Mayweather.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:54 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,555,278 times
I'll have to take a look at him. Can't say that I've seen him fight.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:08 PM

519 posts, read 504,444 times
Not looking good for Broner's fight tomorrow night. Just saw on Twitter that he's supposedly 3.5 pounds over the weight limit. Kinda hard to go in the sauna and sweat Off that much weight.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Old 07-20-2012, 11:36 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,555,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
Not looking good for Broner's fight tomorrow night. Just saw on Twitter that he's supposedly 3.5 pounds over the weight limit. Kinda hard to go in the sauna and sweat Off that much weight.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
Wow, not making weight is inexcusable for a fighter looking to defend his title.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:32 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,415,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Wow, not making weight is inexcusable for a fighter looking to defend his title.
I fully agree... So much for him being a hard worker. If you read this article I get the feeling he and his camp did this on purpose trully disrespecting the class and his opponent. He stated it was it his last fight in this weight class but have some integrity about yourself...

Adrien Broner stripped of title after not making 130-pound weight limit at weigh-in for his junior lightweight title defense against mandatory challenger Vicente Escobedo - ESPN

Old 07-22-2012, 04:57 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,525,636 times
He has the skill and the speed of a PBF, but he lacks the discipline and the humbleness IMO

Plus whether y ou love him or hate him, Floyd respects the boxing game, I don't get the same vibe from Broner

Either way, he is one to watch, and how about his hair brushing proposal- classic!

Old 07-22-2012, 04:58 AM

1,483 posts, read 2,918,743 times
Ok, Broner needs to fight someone. He is obviously classes ahead of his "current" competition. Seeing him basically fighting with hands down and slugging away is not impressive. I want to see him fight champion caliber.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or