U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2012, 11:32 AM

10,614 posts, read 13,146,734 times

Advertisements

Klitschko def. Charr by TKO. Seems no one else in the Heavyweight division can stop these two. We may just see them retire as champs. Charr was a mismatch for him in a bloody stoppage.

Klitschko beats Charr to retain WBC title - Yahoo! Sports
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 12:40 PM

9,369 posts, read 18,014,560 times
HW division is probably the worst it has been in any era I can think of right now. Once the Klits retire the division will be unwatchable. I'm not even a big fan of either of them to begin with, but they are all we've got right now.

Charr is a classless douche. Did you see the tantrum he threw in his corner after the fight was stopped. Granted I felt it was a premature stoppage, but he acted like a real tool.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:41 PM

519 posts, read 503,989 times
Bad stoppage imo. While Charr was clearly losing, he was getting to Vitali with some solid shots from time to time. Who knows, one punch can change the entire landscape of a fight especially in the heavyweight division.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:10 AM

1,483 posts, read 2,916,316 times
The heavyweight division is bad because our best are playing other sports. On top of that, heavy's are either boxers with no power or punchers with no boxing skills. Its a sad day, when your best option is a former football player...that almost got KO'd in his last fight. I do like the Klitschko's but I feel they lack competition. Looking into the past, Tyson and Evander would have gotten to the brothers, given their footwork and power.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:50 AM

10,614 posts, read 13,146,734 times
[quote=jbub22;26024395]The heavyweight division is bad because our best are playing other sports. On top of that, heavy's are either boxers with no power or punchers with no boxing skills. Its a sad day, when your best option is a former football player...that almost got KO'd in his last fight. I do like the Klitschko's but I feel they lack competition. Looking into

They are heavy hitters, Despite being a bit slow. There are no major contenders in line right now that is true. As they (Esp) Vitali are getting up there in years for competition there is not a lot of time to train or find a strong opposition.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:14 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,091,269 times
I think Vitali is slowing down at this point, but Wlad Klitschko looked incredible against Haye. His control of distance, and his defense was top notch.

I used to be very critical of the Klitschko's, but it's clear they are students of the game and possess natural athletic ability and they can just put it together.

I'd say they deserve to be mentioned with the other greats throughout history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing