U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 02:36 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,536,502 times

Advertisements

Manny Pacquiao, Juan Manuel Marquez look for KOs in 4th rivalry bout - News | FOX Sports on MSN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 05:32 PM

5,426 posts, read 6,394,732 times
I don't know why but I can't get enough from watching these 2 go at it. 2 legendary fighters fighting once again for the 4th time.

Let's hope this ends in a TKO/KO so we can wrap up this trilogy.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:51 AM

519 posts, read 503,769 times
I think it's more a quadrilogy than a trilogy now lol. At any rate, I hope JMM doesn't get robbed again.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:43 AM

1,195 posts, read 2,521,658 times
Really? Is there really a need for this? what happen to bradley Pacquiao 2? Or even better Maywhether Pacquiao 1?

Old 09-19-2012, 12:51 PM

9,369 posts, read 18,008,881 times
Believe it or not, I really do not want to see this fight again. What's the point? Even if Manny could muster a KO victory, Marquez is already past his prime.

The reason Bradley 2 didn't happen is Bob Arum and his greed. He thinks he can get more PPV money by matching Manny and Marquez, maybe so, but I think Manny has to fight Bradley again at some point.

The Manny/Floyd saga will continue until both parties realize it is in each of their best interests as well as the fans to come to terms. Hopefully a match between them can be made in Spring 2013. I really don't want these two fighting one another when each of them is past their prime and no longer competitive. As it stands they are each on the tail ends of their prime and showing signs of slowing down.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:49 AM

1,195 posts, read 2,521,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Believe it or not, I really do not want to see this fight again. What's the point? Even if Manny could muster a KO victory, Marquez is already past his prime.

The reason Bradley 2 didn't happen is Bob Arum and his greed. He thinks he can get more PPV money by matching Manny and Marquez, maybe so, but I think Manny has to fight Bradley again at some point.

The Manny/Floyd saga will continue until both parties realize it is in each of their best interests as well as the fans to come to terms. Hopefully a match between them can be made in Spring 2013. I really don't want these two fighting one another when each of them is past their prime and no longer competitive. As it stands they are each on the tail ends of their prime and showing signs of slowing down.

I think after Marquez, Pac might call it quits. This will be how his legacy will end IMO

Neither Pac nor PBF still have what it takes to fight this younger generation, and the first time tested it will show

Old 09-21-2012, 10:54 AM

2,755 posts, read 5,320,387 times
Quote:

I agree..much like the last Hopkins/Jones fight..

Old 09-22-2012, 09:46 AM

5,426 posts, read 6,394,732 times
Quote:

Both bring big bucks for the promoters.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:46 PM

9,369 posts, read 18,008,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
Both bring big bucks for the promoters.
I'm not so sure they will make more with a fourth match than if Manny fought a rematch with Bradley. I think most fans of Manny would rather he fight Bradley. Going in to their first fight Bradley was not a PPV draw like Cotto or other opponents. Everyone figured Manny would steam right through him. After the robbery, it would seem almost automatic that Manny would re-group, and focus on a more aggressive strategy for a rematch that would not leave it in the hands of the judges. I think a rematch with Bradley would have been a bigger PPV draw than this fourth match up with Marquez that no one really wants.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:14 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,090,753 times
Marquez vs Pacquaio was a closer fight than Bradley vs Pacquaio. The only reason there would be any interest in a Bradley rematch is due to the fact that Pacquaio got robbed.

If the robbery hadn't taken place, nobody would want to see a rematch against Bradley. I think Pacquaio is making the best decision in taking Marquez. It's a more difficult opponent, has proven to make a more competitive fight, and will still generate the most money at welterweight, outside of Mayweather.

At least, that's my take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing