U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2012, 06:40 PM

42 posts, read 190,648 times

Advertisements

when do professional boxers begin to age, begin to slow down, I'm 28, I always had the idea of learning how to fight to defend myself just in case and to learn these skills, I've heard people say that people my age have already begun to slow down, they talk about footwork, etc... What the hell, so I missed my opportunity to perform to the best of my ability in boxing, now what? I must die and be reincarnated to try in my next life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 06:29 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,093,371 times
Hell, if you hire "MEMO" Hernandez he can make you a superhuman with his special cocktail.

You can look your age in one moment, and the next look like the hulk and be the best puncher for your weight.

Or you can do it natural like Bernard Hopkins, and use intelligence and skill, but not look like the hulk and have out of this world power, conditioning, and ability to take punches.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:18 PM

42 posts, read 190,648 times
I prefer speed

Old 12-11-2012, 06:04 PM

1,642 posts, read 4,527,629 times
A lot depends on one's physical condidtion and the amount of punishment one has taken. 28 is kinda late to BEGIN boxing, but most fighters are on the start of the downside, again considering when they started boxing, thier style of fighting, and the amount of punishment they have taken. Also depends on how they take care of themselves between bouts.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geulivier View Post
when do professional boxers begin to age, begin to slow down, I'm 28, I always had the idea of learning how to fight to defend myself just in case and to learn these skills, I've heard people say that people my age have already begun to slow down, they talk about footwork, etc... What the hell, so I missed my opportunity to perform to the best of my ability in boxing, now what? I must die and be reincarnated to try in my next life?
Now, if you are just training to get in shape or practice self defense, then go for it. But as far as PRIZEFIGHTING goes, it may be a little late in the game for you.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:30 PM

To the person that left me rep: read this:
to old to start boxing??? [Archive] - Boxing Forum

And thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or