U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 06:14 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,094,987 times

Advertisements

As far as Pacquaio is concerned, he was one of the greatest fighters I've ever seen and the sport will miss him. There are some idiots on this forum who think it's funny to show a picture of a man who could have permanent damage, but I pray for the best for him.

But how could he know that Marquez was suddenly one of the best punchers in the history of the sport at 147 and could take the beating of two grown men.

Guess, that's life. God works in mysterious ways.

Everyone pays in the end. Anyway, I hope Pacquaio enjoys his retirement.

For all those who are laughing at his demise, you don't realize how much this hurts the sport. Think about the spectators in attendence, and the fan base Pacquaio had. He transcended boxing and was an icon. He drew in fans that wouldn't normally watch boxing.

And if you don't think something was funny with Marquez, watch his last fight. He looked like a 40 year old man. He had the same strength and conditioning coach.

Guess what was different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 06:35 PM

326 posts, read 458,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post

The fact is, Marquez hired a chemist as a conditioning coach that bragged he could make 20 undetectable steriods. I suspect the third fight was all Marquez, the fourth fight was all "MEMO."
Interesting you bring that up.

I read a couple of articles yesterday discussing how insanely ripped Marquez was and the addition of his new strength coach. I guess "MEMO" apparently went clean after running his little steroid ring but it certainly seems suspect right?

No one can say for sure obviously and I really hope Pacman doesn't retire. He has such a great heart and is very humble for a man of his accomplishments. The same couldn't be said for many other boxers of that stature *cough* Mayweather *cough*.

Last edited by Tomlcsc; 12-09-2012 at 06:47 PM..

Old 12-10-2012, 01:45 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,583,167 times
Default Kudos to Marquez; credit to Mexico

Pacman appeared to be on the decline entering this fight, and hadn't looked his usual devastating self over his previous fights. Going back five years, he got beat by Bradley, won a decision against Marquez that many thought he lost, went the distance in beating a shot Mosley, went the distance in beating a mediocre and easy-to-hit Margarito, went the distance in beating a defensive-minded Clottey, knocked out a faded and easy-to-hit Cotto, knocked out a shot, unmotivated Hatton, beat an old, over-the-hill, diet-weakened Oscar De La Hoya, and knocked out a medicore David Diaz. I have said this many times. Pacman never was a match for Floyd Mayweather.

Kudos to Marquez. I hope he is clean and that this win was the result of his intense training. What a great story he represents and I'm proud of Marquez. I'm proud of Manny too. He came to fight and was more aggressive than usual, attempting to rekindle that old ferocity he had earlier in his career.

What these two fighters represent though are fighters who are inferior to Floyd Mayweather, and on this night Marquez elevated his game to a level that Manny could not meet. Neither could beat Floyd.

Congrats to Marquez!

Old 12-10-2012, 04:21 AM

7,456 posts, read 11,574,397 times
I paid for the fight. If anyone wants a classic example of how to get your body weight fully behind a punch, watch the punch that KOed Manny. No better example. Punching with your arms with minimal use of body weight is ineffective, the key is to use your body weight.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:17 AM

519 posts, read 506,140 times
How interesting to see the shoe on the other foot. For years since St. Manny started coming up in weight and knocking out bigger men with ease there were whispers of PED use, but there were his staunch defenders that wouldn't hear of it. Now that he's been KTFO, it's interesting to see some idiots on this forum come out of woodworks and accuse JMM of doping. Amusing to say the least.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:23 AM

2,762 posts, read 5,336,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I'm shocked! My son just showed me the KO. I thought this fight was next week. Just an incredible KO by Marquez. He left no doubt this time. Kudos to him. He came prepared.

Still hard to see Pacman laid out like Duran was when Hearns KO'ed him.
I'm not shocked at all. I knew Marquez would pull it off. He looked and trained like an animal for this one.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Pacman appeared to be on the decline entering this fight, and hadn't looked his usual devastating self over his previous fights. Going back five years, he got beat by Bradley, won a decision against Marquez that many thought he lost, went the distance in beating a shot Mosley, went the distance in beating a mediocre and easy-to-hit Margarito, went the distance in beating a defensive-minded Clottey, knocked out a faded and easy-to-hit Cotto, knocked out a shot, unmotivated Hatton, beat an old, over-the-hill, diet-weakened Oscar De La Hoya, and knocked out a medicore David Diaz. I have said this many times. Pacman never was a match for Floyd Mayweather.

Kudos to Marquez. I hope he is clean and that this win was the result of his intense training. What a great story he represents and I'm proud of Marquez. I'm proud of Manny too. He came to fight and was more aggressive than usual, attempting to rekindle that old ferocity he had earlier in his career.

What these two fighters represent though are fighters who are inferior to Floyd Mayweather, and on this night Marquez elevated his game to a level that Manny could not meet. Neither could beat Floyd.

Congrats to Marquez!
The same thing could potentially happen to Mayweather when you have guys who go out of their way to hire chemist who say they are capable of beating all the tests.

You should read up on the history of Hernandez.

Because I didn't realize that Marquez had better genetics than Hopkins and Roy Jones, but I guess he does, despite never looking like this at any point in his career.

So don't be surprised when Mayweather fights an inferior fighter, and that inferior fighter manages to beat him because he's taking something that can't be detected.

One thing about Mayweather that I respect is the fact that he did try to initiate a drug testing program, but the problem is, guys like "MEMO" and Victor Conte made a career of BEATING the tests.

And one of Victor's fighters already got in trouble, (Berto), because I suspect he wasn't following Victor's protocol.

This PED scandal is deeper than people think. People at the age of 40 do not all of a sudden become one of the top punchers in the sport when they've never had one punch KO ability in their entire career.

They don't get bodies like greek statues when at the peak of their career, at their genetic potential, they didn't look like that before.

Please watch Marquez' last fight. He looked like a 40 year old man. Please watch some of his fights before Pacquaio, and you will see he looked his age.

Only for Pacquaio does he look like a beast and punch like one. Remember, this is the same man that drank his own URINE for a perceived advantage.

And by the way man, Floyd doesn't get to have theoretical wins without fighting the guy he says he's going to fight. Floyd has nothing to do with this. If he wanted to have Pacquaio on his resume, he had multiple opportunities. Floyd also doesn't knock people out cold with one shot. Floyd isn't on the juice.

But if Floyd was smart, he would have fought Pacquaio before a juiced up Marquez got to him, because it was only a matter of time. When you fight guys that can beat you, you can get beat.

When you fight more than once a year, that further increases your risk.

The bottom line is, Floyd lost out on $100 million dollars, but I guess at least he can say, "See, I told you I would have beat him."

Last edited by Del Boy; 12-10-2012 at 07:51 AM..

Old 12-10-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
How interesting to see the shoe on the other foot. For years since St. Manny started coming up in weight and knocking out bigger men with ease there were whispers of PED use, but there were his staunch defenders that wouldn't hear of it. Now that he's been KTFO, it's interesting to see some idiots on this forum come out of woodworks and accuse JMM of doping. Amusing to say the least.
It just shows your character, that you biased, and likely racist. That's on you though.

While it is suspect that Pacquaio did not want to take the tests in 2009, he has since agreed to all testing, and he has not made any dramatic improvements like Marquez has.

Pacquaio was always a great puncher and 1 punch KO ability at lower weights. Since then, he's knocked out Hatton who was already knocked out by Mayweather who is a relative non puncher, and went face first into a left hand. He then knocked down Cotto mulitple times, but Cotto's been down multiple times in his career.

I believe Pacquaio, like Mayweather, is a God gifted fighter. He has those special physical attributes. His bone structure is huge, which is probably why he can take such good shots. His wrist is 8 inches around, compared to Marquez who's wrist is 6.5.

That's genetics.

Pacquaio didn't all of a sudden turn into TOMMY HEARNS and have the ability to knock out any fighter in the history of the sport, despite not having one punch KO ability at lower weights. Pacquaio has always had an iron chin, he didn't turn into GEORGE CHUVALO overnight like Marquez who had his nose broke and was taking punches that iron chinned Mosley went down from. Marquez was recently downed from C LEVEL Micheal KASTIDIS, now he can take every shot that Pacquaio throws?

On top of that he hired a chemist that was involved in one of the biggest steriod scandals in the history of the Olympics? A guy that bragged he could make 20 undetectable steriods? You don't think something is suspect?

Yeah, I know you're like I don't like Pacquaio becuase he's Asian and funny looking or whatever your agenda is, but you should go investigate Angel "MEMO" Hernadez, before your boy Mayweather tries to cherry pick a guy like Guerrero and gets laid down flat when Guerrero comes in looking like the hulk, and he doesn't come up positive.

Unless you condone this...that's on you.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:59 AM

28,353 posts, read 26,361,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
Wow, I guess Marquez is now the hardest puncher at 147 of all time. Well, him and Hearns.

Somehow, he wasn't a one punch knockout artist even at the lower weights, but I guess now he can knock anybody in the division in history out with one punch.

Not only that, but one hell of a chin. This is the same guy that was down by C level, Micheal Kastidis, yet now he was taking Pacquaio's shots like they were nothing.

Not even powerlifting Mosley with a granite chin, only down once in his career, could stand up to Pacquao's punches, yet Marquez suddenly has a jaw made out of titanium.

Oh and unlike Mosley, Hopkins, Roy Jones, and every other boxer in history, and two of those guys used Mackie Shilstone which is a cutting edge strength and conditioning coach, who "MEMO" likely learned his craft from, could transfrom those guys into one punch knock out artists with titanium chins, yet Marquez has both qualities.

The fact is, Marquez hired a chemist as a conditioning coach that bragged he could make 20 undetectable steriods. I suspect the third fight was all Marquez, the fourth fight was all "MEMO."

This the same guy that drank his own ****. They must think boxing fans are idiots.

I'm really going to laugh if Marquez gets "MEMO" to create him a coctail and manages to the same thing to Mayweather who will likely call Marquez out.

This guy is all of a sudden a monster puncher with a monster chin at the age of 40.

GTFO of here.

Legit my ass.
Pac had never knocked out JMM before, so why is it so inconceivable that JMM could withstand so much punishment? You're acting like Pacquiao completely punished JMM in those three prior fights and ended them all by 3rd Round KO. If anything, you could argue that JMM won at least two of those fights. And Pac walked directly into a straight right hand. Those types of punches will knock pretty much anyone out.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:04 AM

28,353 posts, read 26,361,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Mayweather was afraid of Pac. Now Mayweather will duck Marques. That's going to be comical.
I don't get this reasoning. Did you not see the first (and only) Mayweather/JMM fight?

Floyd Mayweather vs Juan Manuel Marquez Highlights - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or