U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 08:11 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,094,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Pac had never knocked out JMM before, so why is it so inconceivable that JMM could withstand so much punishment? You're acting like Pacquiao completely punished JMM in those three prior fights and ended them all by 3rd Round KO. If anything, you could argue that JMM won at least two of those fights. And Pac walked directly into a straight right hand. Those types of punches will knock pretty much anyone out.
I agree, that Pacquaio fought the wrong fight after being downed initially, but he was punishing JMM in those 6 rounds before the KO.

He was busting up JMM like I've never seen him busted up before.

Pacquaio rarely lands flush, hard shots on JMM, but this time he was landing flush shots in combination.

In the past, when JMM got hit with something hard, he would stutter step, this time he absorbed a beating like he was Chuvalo.

He was takiing puncher better than Sugar Shane Mosley, who's a guy that's known for his ability to take punches.

JMM has been down multiple times in his career. He has great recuperative abilities, but he's been down a lot.

It's not just that, it's his body structure, and his punching power, all at the age of 40.

When Hopkins and Jones hired shilstone, they didn't become huge punchers, nor did they have a signficantly altered body like Marquez did.

Hopkins and especially Jones already had great genetics, and already looked like they did in most fights.

In fact, Hopkins was draining himself for years to make 160. He actually looked better at 175 because that was more of his natural weight.

The same can't be said for JMM. Look at his bodies transformation. Look at his last fight, right before his 4th encounter with Pacquaio.

I watched that fight, and the first thing that came to mind is, "JMM is done at an elite level," as he looked like a 40 year old man.

This time, he comes back looking better than he has in his entire career and he's capable of Hearns vs Duran type performances? Can you show me a fight where JMM has had one punch KO power ability?

In all the years of boxing, I've never seen something quite like this before. Yes, he got Pacquaio with a good shot, but the circumstances surrounding the event indicate that he did so by enhancing himself with PEDs.

Does he really deserve credit for his win? Does Lance Armstrong deserve credit? And what's worse is, it's impossible to catch him because MEMO specializes in beating the tests.

This is an epidemic, and I expect more fighters to start using PEDs and beating more tallented fighters by being artifically enhanced.

It's bad for the sport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 08:22 AM

28,340 posts, read 26,354,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
I agree, that Pacquaio fought the wrong fight after being downed initially, but he was punishing JMM in those 6 rounds before the KO.

He was busting up JMM like I've never seen him busted up before.

Pacquaio rarely lands flush, hard shots on JMM, but this time he was landing flush shots in combination.

In the past, when JMM got hit with something hard, he would stutter step, this time he absorbed a beating like he was Chuvalo.

He was takiing puncher better than Sugar Shane Mosley, who's a guy that's known for his ability to take punches.

JMM has been down multiple times in his career. He has great recuperative abilities, but he's been down a lot.

It's not just that, it's his body structure, and his punching power, all at the age of 40.

When Hopkins and Jones hired shilstone, they didn't become huge punchers, nor did they have a signficantly altered body like Marquez did.

Hopkins and especially Jones already had great genetics, and already looked like they did in most fights.

In fact, Hopkins was draining himself for years to make 160. He actually looked better at 175 because that was more of his natural weight.

The same can't be said for JMM. Look at his bodies transformation. Look at his last fight, right before his 4th encounter with Pacquaio.

I watched that fight, and the first thing that came to mind is, "JMM is done at an elite level," as he looked like a 40 year old man.

This time, he comes back looking better than he has in his entire career and he's capable of Hearns vs Duran type performances? Can you show me a fight where JMM has had one punch KO power ability?

In all the years of boxing, I've never seen something quite like this before. Yes, he got Pacquaio with a good shot, but the circumstances surrounding the event indicate that he did so by enhancing himself with PEDs.

Does he really deserve credit for his win? Does Lance Armstrong deserve credit? And what's worse is, it's impossible to catch him because MEMO specializes in beating the tests.

This is an epidemic, and I expect more fighters to start using PEDs and beating more tallented fighters by being artifically enhanced.

It's bad for the sport.
JMM did not look much better. Unless you call losing 5 of 6 rounds "looking better." Manny gambled and paid the price. And that's all she wrote.

Get over it.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
JMM did not look much better. Unless you call losing 5 of 6 rounds "looking better." Manny gambled and paid the price. And that's all she wrote.

Get over it.
Yes, but when did it become normal for a guy to fight with a broken nose and a concussion, and then knock a guy out cold when you never had one punch KO power in the past and your opponent has an incredible chin.

People keep saying this is a win for Mayweather, but it's not. Mayweather just lost $100 million because he allowed Marquez to juice up to the point where he can absorb a concussion in the ring and a broken nose, but continue fighting.

And for the record, while Mayweather won't fight near as aggressive as Marquez and will be a harder target to find, he also doesn't have on punch KO power and the ability to absorb a concussion in the ring and continue fighting.

You don't think that makes a difference in a fight?

Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 AM

519 posts, read 506,043 times
Quote:
It just shows your character, that you biased, and likely racist. That's on you though.

Yeah, I know you're like I don't like Pacquaio becuase he's Asian and funny looking or whatever your agenda is
WTF are you talking about? You're clearly biased so don't go accusing anyone else of being biased, it makes you look like a hypocrite. And as far as racist, you're so far out in left field that it isn't even funny. Nothing that I've said is even remotely racist. That's just weak and pathetic on your part and speaks to your character which is to say that you have none and that's on you. Why don't you go scrounge up a nickel and buy yourself a clue, Boy.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
WTF are you talking about? You're clearly biased so don't go accusing anyone else of being biased, it makes you look like a hypocrite. And as far as racist, you're so far out in left field that it isn't even funny. Nothing that I've said is even remotely racist. That's just weak and pathetic on your part and speaks to your character which is to say that you have none and that's on you. Why don't you go scrounge up a nickel and buy yourself a clue, Boy.
But you want go out and say Pacquaio is on roids when Marquez absorbed a broken nose and a concussion to win this fight and all of a sudden can punch like Tommy Hearns, all the while, hiring a chemist, that specializes in making undetectable PEDs.

That's not hypocritical? And calling me, "Boy." Guess you a gangsta, huh?

Maybe you're alright with guys taking PEDs, but I don't discriminate. When and if some fighter like Guerrero who Floyd will likely fight next or Marquez who he may fight, manages to put Mayweather down like that, I bet you'll be the first one in here declaring PED use. That shows your true colors right there.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Yes, but when did it become normal for a guy to fight with a broken nose and a concussion, and then knock a guy out cold when you never had one punch KO power in the past and your opponent has an incredible chin.

People keep saying this is a win for Mayweather, but it's not. Mayweather just lost $100 million because he allowed Marquez to juice up to the point where he can absorb a concussion in the ring and a broken nose, but continue fighting.

And for the record, while Mayweather won't fight near as aggressive as Marquez and will be a harder target to find, he also doesn't have on punch KO power and the ability to absorb a concussion in the ring and continue fighting.

You don't think that makes a difference in a fight?
Mayweather would knock Pac out if Pac walked right into a punch like he did on Saturday.

Pacquiao vs Marquez IV - KO HIGHLIGHTS - YouTube

Old 12-10-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Mayweather would knock Pac out if Pac walked right into a punch like he did on Saturday.

Pacquiao vs Marquez IV - KO HIGHLIGHTS - YouTube
Mayweather hit Ortiz consistantly with his best powershots that Ortiz consistantly walked into, yet he didn't even phase Ortiz (until the incident), yet he's going to knock out Pacquaio?

Everybody always talks about what Mayweather would do, but Mayweather needs to do it. Until then, it's nothing but unproven speculation.

Regardless, how many men do you know who can absorb a concussion and continue fighting?

Old 12-10-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Mayweather hit Ortiz consistantly with his best powershots that Ortiz consistantly walked into, yet he didn't even phase Ortiz (until the incident), yet he's going to knock out Pacquaio?

Everybody always talks about what Mayweather would do, but Mayweather needs to do it. Until then, it's nothing but unproven speculation.

Regardless, how many men do you know who can absorb a concussion and continue fighting?
Well, the bottom line is that he got KO'ed. Cold. And in embarassing fashion. He's still a great fighter though.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:54 AM

519 posts, read 506,043 times
Quote:
But you want go out and say Pacquaio is on roids when Marquez absorbed a broken nose and a concussion to win this fight and all of a sudden can punch like Tommy Hearns, all the while, hiring a chemist, that specializes in making undetectable PEDs.
It's not unprecedented. Kell Brook fought for like 4 rounds with a broken nose and won. Anyway though, I've never said that Pacquiao is on PEDs. I've acknowledged the possibility that he could be, just like it's possible that JMM could have been juicing. However, similarly as Pacman fans were always so quick to retort, JMM has never failed a drug test so there's no proof that his victory was a result of anything other than hard training and dedication. Until you have proof, all you sound like is a bitter Pacquiao fanboy that can't accept that his idol got KO'd.

Quote:
And calling me, "Boy." Guess you a gangsta, huh?
It's in your username, genius.

Quote:
Maybe you're alright with guys taking PEDs, but I don't discriminate.
Sure you don't...What were you saying when all of the PED rumors were swirling around Manny?

Quote:
When and if some fighter like Guerrero who Floyd will likely fight next or Marquez who he may fight, manages to put Mayweather down like that, I bet you'll be the first one in here declaring PED use. That shows your true colors right there.
I'm sure that Mayweather will take whatever steps he feels are necessary to ensure as level and clean a playing field as possible before he steps into the ring. If he gets KO'd like Manny, then so be it. What I bet though is that you don't know me or anything about me so you should stop trying to make these stupid ASSumptions about me as it's showing your true ignorance.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:53 PM

1,475 posts, read 2,252,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomlcsc View Post
...I really hope Pacman doesn't retire.
Pacman *should* have retired after the Bradley fight. He's gonna' end up like Mayweather, dodging the hard fights instead of moving on to whatever is next in his life. I have nothing against Mayweather as a person, but his boxing career was over years ago. Now it's his business career he's chasing.

Tom Platz said it years ago "If you want to lift weights, stay an amateur. If you want to make money, become a professional."

What people should be complaining about is Pac should be wholely focus on his political career instead of fighting. He has the job of taking care of his people now which is a 24/7 task. The last thing he should be doing is fighting in the ring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or