U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-30-2013, 09:01 AM
 
1,140 posts, read 1,090,592 times
Reputation: 478

Advertisements

I thought Alvarez would have a good shot at boxing Rios because that's where he had the most success in the first fight, but then I heard that Rios hooked up with PED dealer, Angel Heredia, so there is a good possibility he'll be on that good stuff like Marquez was.

His body is already in the best condition of his career despite having access to the same guys that strength train Donaire, one of the most explosive athletes in the sport.

So, expect a possibly drug enhanced Rios to bomb his way out of another destructive fight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-30-2013, 04:27 PM
 
1,140 posts, read 1,090,592 times
Reputation: 478
This is the type of fight that will make MMA look like two dudes humpin on the ground in comparison...oh wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 10:16 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
519 posts, read 503,708 times
Reputation: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
I thought Alvarez would have a good shot at boxing Rios because that's where he had the most success in the first fight, but then I heard that Rios hooked up with PED dealer, Angel Heredia, so there is a good possibility he'll be on that good stuff like Marquez was.

His body is already in the best condition of his career despite having access to the same guys that strength train Donaire, one of the most explosive athletes in the sport.

So, expect a possibly drug enhanced Rios to bomb his way out of another destructive fight.
Nice prediction...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 10:51 PM
 
1,140 posts, read 1,090,592 times
Reputation: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
Nice prediction...
Why are you on here? I thought for sure you would be spendin your time hatin on Donaire because he's an Asian fighter.

I know you hate him.

So wassup? Why you on here? I thought you were a full time hater. Your boy Rigo, (I don't know if he is your boy or not, I just know you hate Donaire), hooked up with Heredia too.



Or maybe it's usual for you to meet up with dudes in a hotel room with your shirt off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2013, 02:31 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
519 posts, read 503,708 times
Reputation: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
Why are you on here? I thought for sure you would be spendin your time hatin on Donaire because he's an Asian fighter.
Why are you on here, other than to spread your own brand of stupidity? Aww, you're still butt-hurt over your idol Manny getting stretched out. Tissue?

Quote:
I know you hate him.
Wrong, as per usual. I'm actually a fan of Nonito's. I typically reserve my disdain for ignoramuses such as yourself.

Quote:
So wassup? Why you on here? I thought you were a full time hater. Your boy Rigo, (I don't know if he is your boy or not, I just know you hate Donaire), hooked up with Heredia too.
So? According to you Heredia's involvement was supposed to deliver a victory to Rios tonight. We see how that turned out. Ya know, repeating the same mindless babble only speaks to your insecurities, silly Boy. A bit of advice...




Quote:
Or maybe it's usual for you to meet up with dudes in a hotel room with your shirt off.
Ooh, throwing out a not-so-subtle hint of homophobia while constantly making groundless claims of racism. Poor hypocritical fool...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2013, 06:08 AM
 
Location: :~)
1,482 posts, read 2,914,906 times
Reputation: 1519
Rios got ripped off if he were on drugs. He faded significantly in the later rounds. I feel after round 8 that Alvarado dominated the rounds with his movement.

This was a good fight and a candidate fight of the year, but i still think Ruslan vs Bradley was far better. Ruslan was landing bombs at will, all day. Remarkably, Bradley managed to stay on his feet and amazingly he keep hitting Ruslan with these ticky tack punches that culminated into a great strategy that ultimately severely hurt Ruslan...Wow! Matter of fact, this fight was so good and dangerous that I would not recommend a rematch because of permanent damage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2013, 08:42 AM
 
1,140 posts, read 1,090,592 times
Reputation: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
Why are you on here, other than to spread your own brand of stupidity? Aww, you're still butt-hurt over your idol Manny getting stretched out. Tissue?



Wrong, as per usual. I'm actually a fan of Nonito's. I typically reserve my disdain for ignoramuses such as yourself.



So? According to you Heredia's involvement was supposed to deliver a victory to Rios tonight. We see how that turned out. Ya know, repeating the same mindless babble only speaks to your insecurities, silly Boy. A bit of advice...






Ooh, throwing out a not-so-subtle hint of homophobia while constantly making groundless claims of racism. Poor hypocritical fool...
It's not really the point if it delivers a victory or not.

Look at Peterson vs Khan. Honestly, I thought Khan did enough to edge that fight, but he took a hell of a beating from a juiced up Peterson.

I guess you're okay with drug use in the sport, despite the fact that Heredia admitted UNDER OATH that he could make over 20 undetectable PEDs.

That's cool with you though I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2013, 10:40 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
519 posts, read 503,708 times
Reputation: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
It's not really the point if it delivers a victory or not.
Really? That seemed to be EXACTLY the point when JMM sent Manny to La-La land in December 2012. If memory serves though, JMM was also training with Heredia before their third fight in 2011 when Manny got that gift decision. Where were you and your accusations at then? You're just flip-flopping now because you have no salient point. Funny how Manny's strength and conditioning coach thinks that everything is on the up and up: ARIZA ON MARQUEZ PED ACCUSATIONS: "THAT'S RIDICULOUS. IT'S LUDICROUS...IT'S ABSURD" || FIGHTHYPE

Quote:
Look at Peterson vs Khan. Honestly, I thought Khan did enough to edge that fight, but he took a hell of a beating from a juiced up Peterson.
And the system worked the way that it was supposed to work and Peterson was caught. Your point?

Quote:
I guess you're okay with drug use in the sport, despite the fact that Heredia admitted UNDER OATH that he could make over 20 undetectable PEDs.

That's cool with you though I guess.
Uh-huh. Where is this testimony at BTW? Please provide a link to it, I think it'd be an interesting read. Did Heredia also testify UNDER OATH to supplying JMM with PEDs? How about Brandon Rios? Guillermo Rigondeaux? If not, then why don't you chill out? You think certain people are on PEDs, that's fine. They could be, but there's no proof of a failed test to back your suspicions. You are CONSTANTLY ranting and raving and it's obvious that it's because your idol got KTFO and it really just reeks of sour grapes. Get over it, it certainly appears that Manny already has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2013, 11:55 AM
 
1,140 posts, read 1,090,592 times
Reputation: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
Really? That seemed to be EXACTLY the point when JMM sent Manny to La-La land in December 2012. If memory serves though, JMM was also training with Heredia before their third fight in 2011 when Manny got that gift decision. Where were you and your accusations at then? You're just flip-flopping now because you have no salient point. Funny how Manny's strength and conditioning coach thinks that everything is on the up and up: ARIZA ON MARQUEZ PED ACCUSATIONS: "THAT'S RIDICULOUS. IT'S LUDICROUS...IT'S ABSURD" || FIGHTHYPE



And the system worked the way that it was supposed to work and Peterson was caught. Your point?



Uh-huh. Where is this testimony at BTW? Please provide a link to it, I think it'd be an interesting read. Did Heredia also testify UNDER OATH to supplying JMM with PEDs? How about Brandon Rios? Guillermo Rigondeaux? If not, then why don't you chill out? You think certain people are on PEDs, that's fine. They could be, but there's no proof of a failed test to back your suspicions. You are CONSTANTLY ranting and raving and it's obvious that it's because your idol got KTFO and it really just reeks of sour grapes. Get over it, it certainly appears that Manny already has.

Apparently, you have your head stuck in the sand or your hatred of all things Asian blind you from the truth.

It's not exactly hidden news. It's wide spread.

Olympische Spiele: Der Dealer Olympias - SPIEGEL ONLINE


SPIEGEL: What qualified you for the role of dealer to the world’s best athletes?

Heredia: My father is a chemistry professor. I love chemistry, and I was an athlete. My role was an obsession. For example, I learned everything about testosterone: that there is a type of testosterone with a high half-life and another that works very quickly. I learned that you can rub it in, take it orally, inject it. It became a kick: I was allowed to work with the best of the best, and I made them even better.

SPIEGEL: And how did you become the best in your world?

Heredia: With precision. You want an example? Everyone talks about epo. Epo is fashionable. But without adding iron, epo only works half as well. That’s the kind of thing you have to know. There are oxygen carriers that make epo work incredibly fast – they are actually better than epo alone. I call my drug “Epo Boost.” I inject it and it releases many tiny oxygen molecules throughout the body. In that way you increase the effect of epo by a factor of ten.

SPIEGEL: Do you have any other secrets?

Heredia: Oh yes, of course. There are tablets for the kidneys that block the metabolites of steroids, so when athletes give a urine sample, they don’t excrete the metabolites and thus test negative. Or there is an enzyme that slowly consumes proteins - epo has protein structures, and the enzyme thus ensures that the B sample of the doping test has a completely different value than the A sample. Then there are chemicals that you take a couple of hours before the race that prevent acidification in the muscles. Together with epo they are an absolute miracle. I’ve created 20 different drugs that are still undetectable for the doping testers.


If you believe these criminals should be allowed in boxing, then that says more about you than me. What good is testing if you got guys like these involved that can beat any test?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2013, 01:20 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
519 posts, read 503,708 times
Reputation: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
Apparently, you have your head stuck in the sand or your hatred of all things Asian blind you from the truth.

It's not exactly hidden news. It's wide spread.

Olympische Spiele: Der Dealer Olympias - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Your lack of reading comprehension blinds you. Once again, I don't have anything against Asians. I only have a disdain for idiots which is why I don't care for you. Has nothing to do with your ethnicity so get your insecurities (and your homophobia) under control, Boy.

Oh fyi, that doesn't look like testimony UNDER OATH, that looks like a magazine interview (in German no less). So I'll ask again: Where is this testimony at BTW? Please provide a link to it, I think it'd be an interesting read. Did Heredia also testify UNDER OATH to supplying JMM with PEDs? How about Brandon Rios? Guillermo Rigondeaux?

Any response to this: If memory serves though, JMM was also training with Heredia before their third fight in 2011 when Manny got that gift decision. Where were you and your accusations at then? Let me guess, you'll try and make another lame accusation of racism to try and hide the fact that you're looking like a complete and utter moron. Sorry, it's not working. You and your takes are uber WEAK.

Quote:
If you believe these criminals should be allowed in boxing, then that says more about you than me. What good is testing if you got guys like these involved that can beat any test?
Blah, blah, blah. Criminal? Please cite what crimes Heredia has been convicted of. Proof or shaddup. #kthnxbye


Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Evan702; 03-31-2013 at 01:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top