U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 04:46 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,091,382 times

Advertisements

It's hard to say if this fight will be competitive or not because we really don't know how good Guerrero is.

Guerrero skipped arguablly the hottest division in boxing, 140, so it's difficult to gauge his ability based on his two fights at 147.

He looked like an ESPN fighter vs Aydin who was recently beaten by Soto Karras, who is not a great fighter by any means.

Against Berto, he showed a great deal of heart, but Berto was arguably beaten by Collazo, receiving a gift decision. Berto was in a serious war against Estrada, and beaten by Ortiz who many believe is mentally weak. Additionally, win or lose, Berto was looking like he was about to absorb another beating by Zan Javeck before they called the fight due to a cut that Zaveck certainly could have fought through. If you remember, Zaveck was coming on strong, and this is the same guy that recently took round after round of Keith Thurman's bombs.

So really, how good is Guerrero?

I believe he does have heart, and some skills, but he doesn't have enough size to make up for his lack of skills and athletic attributes.

Honestly, this should be a clear win for Mayweather; however, I do think Guerrero's heart and style may make it slightly competitive, but it's mainly a one sided fight.

Unfortunately, aside from Pacquaio who is recovering, there isn't any real competition at 147. All the good competition is at 154 and 140.

Mayweather did say he would fight Alvarez next, but I don't believe that will be the case. More than likely, he'll fight Garcia, which is a better fight than Guerrero.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 11:23 AM

1,483 posts, read 2,916,968 times
Boxing alone this is an easy match for the mayweather. Guerrero style also consists of rough housing or physicality. This capability could make it a good fight.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:29 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,091,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
Boxing alone this is an easy match for the mayweather. Guerrero style also consists of rough housing or physicality. This capability could make it a good fight.
Maybe, but Guerrero doesn't have the size to give Mayweather problems either.

It's a small guy that moved up.

On top of that, he doesn't have much power, so he doesn't have a punchers chance.

I hope this fight sells because searching around my area, barely any places are showing this fight.

I think Mayweather may have made a mistake picking Guerrero as an opponent. He had the opportunity to have Canelo vs Trout on this card, but he didn't sign the contract fight Canelo if they both won.

That would have helped, but at the same time it is Mayweather. He is the highest grossing athlete for a reason, so maybe he can make it work.

At this point though, I'm not too sure. I don't think anybody is giving Guerrero, who has no name recognition in the first place, much of a chance to win.

In all honesty, if Mayweather intended on fighting Alvarez, he probably should have done it this time. It doesn't make much sense to fight Alvarez later on when he's only getting better and Floyd is getting older.

But it is what it is. Hopefully it's a good night for boxing. Mares vs Ponce De Leon...is alright I guess. That could end up being a suprisingly good fight, so not all is lost if the Mayweather vs Guerrero bout is not competitive.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:15 AM

2,756 posts, read 5,323,779 times
Quote:
So really, how good is Guerrero?

We will see tommorrow night..I'm not ready to write Guerrero off just yet, but it will be a test for sure.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:44 PM

1,642 posts, read 4,523,477 times
You never know, sometimes fighters get old overnight. I've never seen Guerrero before, but from what I've heard I gotta go with Mayweather by decision or late round stoppage. Let's see what a young aggresive fighter (Alverez) can do with Floyd jr.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:04 PM

4,891 posts, read 9,303,982 times
Sure glad I didnt pay to see THAT rubbish.
I streamed it online.
FYI--the people in the audience were booing.
What a borrrrrrrrrrrrrrring fight.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:00 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,545,592 times
Default No surprise

My son streamed it online, and the results were as expected. I didn't think Mayweather would have any problem with Guerrero, and he didn't.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:16 PM

7,742 posts, read 6,144,011 times
Mayweather was too quick for Guerrero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing