Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 09:13 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times

Advertisements

Manny did get knocked the ____ out. Let's not forget that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 08:09 PM

519 posts, read 603,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post

Seeing how Alvarez fights with his face out in front of him and has had stamina issues in previous fights, I'm guessing Floyd will dance his way to a decision victory with pot-shots from the outside while making a run for it. He'll pull a Sugar Ray Leonard in this one and attempt to steal the rounds in the closing seconds with pitty-pat flurries.
Making excuses already? Assuming that Mayweather wins (FAR from a sure thing), a win is a win is a win. Hot air can't diminish that, sorry.

Quote:
At least Leonard never ducked anyone.
I doubt that Leonard was scared of needles either...

Old 09-01-2013, 10:09 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
Making excuses already? Assuming that Mayweather wins (FAR from a sure thing), a win is a win is a win. Hot air can't diminish that, sorry.

I doubt that Leonard was scared of needles either...
Hey, someone criticized Princess Mayweather and the genie pops out if his bottle. A win is a win is a win, just like the Victor Ortiz "win" right Evan. Good to see Floyd's fans can hold their head up high for that one. Keep ignoring the elephant in the room, the one that Floyd continues to pretend isn't there.

Afraid of needles or not, he agreed to the tests. Enter the elephant.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:41 PM

Well someone needs to keep you grounded in reality, Coolhand. His knockout victory over Ortiz was 100% legal. No amount of your bluster changes that. Vin actually sums it up fairly well:

Fast and the Furious Quote - YouTube

Maybe St. Manny did agree to the testing eventually, but opportunity had already knocked and he didn't answer; his bad. One can't help but to be amused at the delicious irony though: Y! SPORTS

Regardless, Floyd is fighting a young, strong, undefeated champion. On the other hand, Arum has banished your idol to Chinese PPV at $5 a pop to fight a cherry-picked tomato can that's coming off of a loss. Deal with that elephant.

He'd better hope that the tomato can doesn't luck up and catch him like Abner Mares got caught last week.

Last edited by Evan702; 09-01-2013 at 01:05 PM..

Old 09-01-2013, 01:18 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,300,724 times
For the record, Johnny Gonzales isn't a tomato can. He also knocked out Hasegawa when he was PFP top 10.

While I think Mares may have been caught cold, the styles can't be overlooked, nor can the fact that Nacho probably developed a great game plan for Gonzales.

With that said, I wouldn't mind seeing, Gonzales vs Rigo, who he called out. It would be an interesting clash of styles, and considering there is no competition for Rigo at 118, it would do his career well to go up 4 lbs.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
For the record, Johnny Gonzales isn't a tomato can. He also knocked out Hasegawa when he was PFP top 10.
You're right, he's not. The correlation that I was trying to make is that nobody gave Gonzalez much of a chance to beat Mares, like Rios against Pacquiao. Jhonny one of those rare guys who is better than his eight losses might indicate. That said, while Nonito was able to drop him with a flask knockdown, it's hard to see Jhonny catching up with Rigondeaux. Of course, if by some odd chance he were to catch Rigo with one of those thunderous left hooks, it could be lights out in a hurry.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
Well someone needs to keep you grounded in reality, Coolhand. His knockout victory over Ortiz was 100% legal. No amount of your bluster changes that. Vin actually sums it up fairly well:

Fast and the Furious Quote - YouTube

Maybe St. Manny did agree to the testing eventually, but opportunity had already knocked and he didn't answer; his bad. One can't help but to be amused at the delicious irony though: Y! SPORTS

Regardless, Floyd is fighting a young, strong, undefeated champion. On the other hand, Arum has banished your idol to Chinese PPV at $5 a pop to fight a cherry-picked tomato can that's coming off of a loss. Deal with that elephant.

He'd better hope that the tomato can doesn't luck up and catch him like Abner Mares got caught last week.
The fact that you're quoting Vin Diesel as your ringing endorsement of Floyd's win is not only laughable but of no surprise. You really do love those "more flash than substance" celebrities be it "acting" or boxing. I'm glad you are happy with Floyd's win over Ortiz, most people aren't happy to settle for mediocrity, but then again, you're a Vin Diesel fan so no surprises there.

Yep, Manny agreed and Floyd went silent. Then, a third round of talks and Floyd prices himself out. How exactly did Manny "blow it" if Floyd is the one who opted out the last two of three challenges? It still doesn't answer the question...if Manny is so easy, then why wouldn't Floyd fight him? Obviously, the boxing world wants this fight, yet he continutes to dance around this one opponent more than any other. He's run out of weight classes to hide in and he's run out of excuses. So now, in his arragance he declares the fight off with no chance of ever making it happen. No worries, each fighter has a solid fanbase, and I'd rather follow the Pacquiaos, DeNiros, and Pacinos of the world while you hang out in the shallow end of the pool with Floyd and Vin.

Manny's fight with Rios will be more exciting and entertaining that watching Floyd pick-n-run all night and fight 30 seconds of each round.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Manny did get knocked the ____ out. Let's not forget that.
Yup, and yet Marquez and Bradley eached shyed away from a rematch with Manny. Knowing they can make a lot more money to fight Manny, those chose to play it safe and fight each other for way less. That tells me all I need to know about their heart and balls and how much they fear a rematch with Manny.

I can't wait to see what hot mess comes of the Floyd/Alvarez match. Floyd fights 30 seconds of each round attempting to steal the rounds, Floyd finds another opportunity for a cheap shot, Floyd pulls a "Hopkins" and attempts to feign injury in order to get points deducted from Canelo? I can't see this being a very exciting fight. I'm glad it was made, and I'm actually surprised Floyd took the fight, but I won't be surprised if it turns out to be a snoozer or plagued with some sort of controversy.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
The fact that you're quoting Vin Diesel as your ringing endorsement of Floyd's win is not only laughable but of no surprise. You really do love those "more flash than substance" celebrities be it "acting" or boxing. I'm glad you are happy with Floyd's win over Ortiz, most people aren't happy to settle for mediocrity, but then again, you're a Vin Diesel fan so no surprises there.
What also not surprising is that as per usual your posts have neither flash norsubstance. Try to disparage all you like, the point remains: winning is winning, deal with it. What actually is laughable though, is that your takes are so vapid that you have to resort to the rather pathetic tactic of making silly ad hominem remarks. If knocking your opponent out demonstrates mediocrity to your mind, then there's little hope of forcing a rational discussion out of you. Pity...

Quote:
Yep, Manny agreed and Floyd went silent. Then, a third round of talks and Floyd prices himself out. How exactly did Manny "blow it" if Floyd is the one who opted out the last two of three challenges? It still doesn't answer the question...if Manny is so easy, then why wouldn't Floyd fight him? Obviously, the boxing world wants this fight, yet he continutes to dance around this one opponent more than any other. He's run out of weight classes to hide in and he's run out of excuses. So now, in his arragance he declares the fight off with no chance of ever making it happen. No worries, each fighter has a solid fanbase, and I'd rather follow the Pacquiaos, DeNiros, and Pacinos of the world while you hang out in the shallow end of the pool with Floyd and Vin.
For one, you've got some nerve accusing anyone else of arrogance. If Floyd is arrogant, at least there is some justification for his. As far as what St. Manny did or didn't agree to, it appears that his business manager, Michael Koncz, disagrees with you. Of course, maybe you know better than he does. Manny Pacquiao Adviser Says Team Pacquiao Did Not Agree to Fully Random Testing | Bleacher Report

Quote:
Number one pound-for-pound boxer Manny Pacquiao has stated for months that he's agreed to all of boxing rival Floyd Mayweather's random blood testing.

In a recent interview conducted between fighthype and Pacquiao's adviser, Michael Koncz revealed that Pacquiao never agreed to random testing without a cut-off date.

Koncz stated that Pacquiao agreed to random testing up until 14 days before the fight.

Yeah, well, we agreed to, in the past, random testing as long as when we get tested, he gets tested, up to 14 days. We're not going to test on the day of the fight. I'm not going to sit here and tell you, yes, we'll agree to do tests that day or not, but what we've done in the past, we've agreed to give blood immediately after the fight, but then the problem is the commission told us that they won't do that because it's not sterile in the dressing rooms. Will we give blood five days, seven days before the fight? You know, that's something I have to talk to Manny about, but we have nothing to hide.

What Koncz is saying confirms what Mayweather has said in previous interviews: Pacquiao has not agreed to fully random blood testing.

Quote:
Manny's fight with Rios will be more exciting and entertaining that watching Floyd pick-n-run all night and fight 30 seconds of each round.
Good for you that you think so. I wonder which fight will do better PPV numbers...

Old 09-05-2013, 06:27 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,306,635 times
I have not ever bought ppv fights because during the Tyson years I felt the fights were scams. This fight and undercard tempts me to take the plunge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing