U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 07:10 AM

322 posts, read 487,181 times

Advertisements

You guys saw how Adrien Broner left with Paulie's girlfriend? That's like setting a dead person on fire!! I died when I heard that news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 07:41 AM

9,369 posts, read 18,079,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Decent? Malignaggi is likely one of the 5 slickest boxers alive today. How can a guy with no power win two world titles? He is highly skilled and supremely intelligent in the ring. Paulie's lack of power is like a hyndai racing in formula 1- yet Paulie completes at the highest level. His intelligence really shines when he calls boxing as a presenter- he truly understands the game and is able to translate that knowledge into ring generalship.

BTW Malignaggi beat Broner. Not only did Broner never hurt Malignaggi at any point but Broner was taking time off just to make the 12 rounds as Broner could not keep pace with Malignaggi. Broner was getting tagged and pushed around the entire fight. Broner is the million dollar man and so much is invested in him for the future PPVs that they just had to give it to him.
Yes decent...slickness is just one aspect of boxing. He needs to get back to basics and keep his hands up and his chin down. That's his one big flaw aside from not having any power. Roy Jones Jr. was one of the slickest ever, and as he got older and his reflexes slowed down, he started getting hurt. Same with Ali.

The fight ended the way most of us predicted, with Broner countering and landing the harder more effective punches. I would have liked to see Paulie win, but his flurries and combos weren't enough to back Broner up or keep him from coming forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRolle View Post
You guys saw how Adrien Broner left with Paulie's girlfriend? That's like setting a dead person on fire!! I died when I heard that news.
Girlfriend? You mean the gold-digging skank Paulie was banging on the side? I don't think going home with her is much to brag about. But some guys are happy to scoop up the leftovers. Whatever this pig is going to cost Broner--along with his gold-capped teeth, he probably should have used that money to help get his mom out of that dumpy apartment she's still rotting in. What a man.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:52 PM

326 posts, read 459,367 times
AB's a punk. I seriously don't want to watch any of his matches.

I get it that he's trying to copy Mayweather but he doesn't have the pedigree Mayweather does and Money wouldn't do even half of the unclassy things AB has already done these past couple of years.

Seriously, dude needs to grow up....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing