U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 10:00 PM

43 posts, read 45,391 times

Advertisements

He will retired undefeated. He's just too good of a defensive fighter. Too fast. He controls his weight class
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 06:19 AM

2,869 posts, read 2,829,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I think it's possible to appreciate his natural athleticism and his boxing skill while also finding it to be a less exciting style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
Mayweather is a master technician. It's amazing to watch sometimes...however most of his fights are still pretty boring, watching the other guy get frustrated and quit trying isn't that exciting imo.
He's as boring as any I've seen that have been named pound for pound greatest today.

Much rather watch a Kessler, Adamek, Pacquiao, or any number of others before I would ever line Mayweather's pockets via PPV.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:52 AM

10,543 posts, read 12,010,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
He's as boring as any I've seen that have been named pound for pound greatest today.

Much rather watch a Kessler, Adamek, Pacquiao, or any number of others before I would ever line Mayweather's pockets via PPV.
Agreed.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:27 PM

832 posts, read 957,362 times
Just like art. You have to understand boxing, in order to appreciate it. Don't like money may? Don't watch him, and don't talk about him. He must be doing something right, I guarantee he's not talking about his haters.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:04 AM

9,369 posts, read 18,012,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazyattic View Post
Just like art. You have to understand boxing, in order to appreciate it. Don't like money may? Don't watch him, and don't talk about him. He must be doing something right, I guarantee he's not talking about his haters.
Art? Yeah, "pisschrist" was also considered art. You can have a firm understanding of boxing and still not appreciate his style or methods of selecting opponents. To assume someone doesn't understand boxing simply because they find him boring is rather short sighted.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:59 PM

2,869 posts, read 2,829,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazyattic View Post
Whatever you say. I'd just rather see a figher/boxer (like Adamek, Klitschko(s), Kessler, Pacquiao, etc.) than just a straight defensive boxer. He's just not exciting for me to watch. Even Broner, who is very similar in style, is more fun to watch for me.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:55 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,477,568 times
I agree Mayweather will retire undefeated

His style is not making Boxing popular in the long run. The casual fan quickly loses interest in his fights.

Floyd's style only benefits him, his legacy, and fans that love a technical boxing match.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or