Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win? Why?
Manny Pacquiao 7 100.00%
Brandon Rios 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 11:34 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,394,513 times

Advertisements

Who will win? Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 06:18 AM

519 posts, read 603,918 times
Manny Pacquiao for any variety of reasons. Too quick, too much experience especially at welter. Rios won't be able to deal with the movement and various angles that Manny will attack from.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
Manny Pacquiao for any variety of reasons. Too quick, too much experience especially at welter. Rios won't be able to deal with the movement and various angles that Manny will attack from.
Although I have my doubts . . . I sincerely hope you are 100% correct!

The few Rios fights that I've seen lead me to believe that he is a tough fighter who can slug and counter with today's best, including Pacquiao. However, his undisciplined "self" leads me to conclude that it's a matter of time before his young "Champ Aura" bursts on him.

What kind of a man is he who lacks the discipline to not SWEAR before his infant children? What kind of a man will resort to swearing MORE before his loved ones when asked by his wife to decrease his swearing? What a low-life type!

This all leads me to conclude that, it's just a matter of time before his undisciplined self, self-implodes!

I hope Manny gives him reason to pause, reflect, and become a better man. Until such time, he will remain as nothing more than a low-life idiot before mine eyes!

Old 11-19-2013, 10:01 PM

519 posts, read 603,918 times
You said it: lack of discipline. Biggest fight of his life. First fight outside of North America. It's all going to be to big for Rios. Pacquiao wins TKO6. Rios is indeed tough so maybe he can stretch it out to 8, but I think Robert Garcia is eventually going to have to save him from himself.

A little pre-fight hype from Roach & Garcia:

NSFW!

Freddie Roach Goes Crazy During Rios Workout Goes Racist On Mexicans - esnews - YouTube

Old 11-20-2013, 08:19 AM

326 posts, read 529,279 times
Yeah I think Manny gets the TKO by round 10.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:05 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
I don't see a Ricky Hatton style KO, more like a sustained beating like the one Cotto and Margarito suffered. However, I do not think this will be as easy a fight for Manny as many are predicting. Rios is tough and he can take a punch. He's all heart and he comes forward with both fists. I'm hoping Manny punishes and humiliates his punk ass. Rios is a classless, disrespectful clown who needs to be humbled. I'm hoping Manny can get him out of there within eight rounds but I wouldn't be surprised to see this go the distance. All depends on which Manny shows up to fight.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:15 AM

320 posts, read 539,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I don't see a Ricky Hatton style KO, more like a sustained beating like the one Cotto and Margarito suffered. However, I do not think this will be as easy a fight for Manny as many are predicting. Rios is tough and he can take a punch. He's all heart and he comes forward with both fists. I'm hoping Manny punishes and humiliates his punk ass. Rios is a classless, disrespectful clown who needs to be humbled. I'm hoping Manny can get him out of there within eight rounds but I wouldn't be surprised to see this go the distance. All depends on which Manny shows up to fight.
That's the whole issue with Rios. He's all heart and comes in with both fists. He's not going to show Manny anything that he hasn't seen before as far as skill and savvy. I doubt that Manny will put his lights out because Rios is a tough guy who will refuse to stay down. But I do see the ref moving in to stop the fight after witnessing Rios take a sustained beating in the middle rounds.

After Manny figures out that Rios can't hit him with anything special he's going to give him a serious boxing lesson. This is a huge step up in class for Rios. He's going to have to take a lot of punishment in order to get that hefty pay check. I'll be shocked if it goes past 8.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHCT View Post
That's the whole issue with Rios. He's all heart and comes in with both fists. He's not going to show Manny anything that he hasn't seen before as far as skill and savvy. I doubt that Manny will put his lights out because Rios is a tough guy who will refuse to stay down. But I do see the ref moving in to stop the fight after witnessing Rios take a sustained beating in the middle rounds.

After Manny figures out that Rios can't hit him with anything special he's going to give him a serious boxing lesson. This is a huge step up in class for Rios. He's going to have to take a lot of punishment in order to get that hefty pay check. I'll be shocked if it goes past 8.
Each time I read predictions like these, I cringe on the inside! Don't get me wrong, I DO hope for a Pacquiao victory. Nevertheless, it often seems that when most people want to see the Underdog destroyed, that very same Underdog becomes the Destroyer. I hope to be completely wrong!

Old 11-21-2013, 02:30 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
This is how I see it pretty much to the tee. I'll add to it, Pacquaios' explosive punching power, and that left straight to the body. With that said, Pacquaio should cut him up like a knife. I hope he does, but I also hope both men don't sustain any serious damage or long term lingering affects from this fight.

I'm not so sure Pacquaio can beat Mayweather or perhaps even be competitive considering how good Mayweather is, but I'd still like to see the fight. If Pacquaio gets past Rios, hopefully Mayweather and Pacquaio can come to an agreement.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:05 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,398 times
adding emotion to the dymanic is dangerous because perperformance could be impacted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing