U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2013, 12:30 AM

519 posts, read 503,919 times

Advertisements

If boxing's long rumored demise ever comes to fruition, this will be an example of the reason why. Flat out, JCC Jr. is a piece of crap. He's lazy, unmotivated and a disgrace to the sport that continues to only keep getting by due to his name. They had to 'negotiate' the fight from 162 lbs. to 173 lbs. because Jr. couldn't even come close to making weight. Ok, Vera agreed to it and was compensated for it. What was surprising is how Vera, the (much) smaller man, walked Jr. down and peppered him with shots pretty much the majority of the fight. Yes, Chavez landed some thunderous shots here and there, but he never could put Vera on the canvas. Despite getting outworked, outhustled and outlanded, the three crooks masquerading as judges somehow hand him a unanimous decision with one of the crooks having the audacity to score it 98-92. Absolutely a shameful night in boxing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 05:31 AM

1,483 posts, read 2,915,970 times
There were 2 things that bothered me about last nights boxing event.

Firstly, in Montreal, they had a moment of silence for Tom Morrison and Ken Norton. I felt that Ken Norton was disrespected because the moment of silence represented both boxers. It really bothered me that they were lumped together because Ken Norton was a great man, great father, great Marine, etc...and Tommy Morrison had a checkered past. I am not saying that Tommy Morrison does not deserve respect, I just think more thought and effort should have been placed into the moment.

Secondly, Jr got his butt kicked. It was not even close. The actual scoring was fine but the winner should have been Vera. Yep, this is one of the issues with Boxing (Promoters and Judging)

Old 09-29-2013, 09:08 AM

9,369 posts, read 18,012,722 times
Chavez got a gift, and he still had the audacity to cry about the ref after the fight. He has no discipline, no respect for the sport or his opponents, and he's milking his daddy's name for all its worth. Unfortunately I knew Vera was going to get screwed when it went to the cards. That's how blatant and obvious the corruption is in judging fights. Disgraceful.

Old 09-29-2013, 02:24 PM

Yep, you could feel the screw job coming. I was just holding out a sliver of hope that since the fight wasn't in Texas that maybe, just maybe, justice might prevail. Obviously corruption can cross state lines lines.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:30 PM

326 posts, read 457,385 times
Boxing is politics sometimes unfortunately.

Bottom line, the sport of boxing needed this win for some very potentially big fights in the future with JCC against Gennady Golovkin, Andre Ward, and Canelo Alvarez.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:14 AM

From what I've seen, Jr. would get punished by all three of those guys.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:47 AM

322 posts, read 445,654 times
I felt bad for Vera after Saturday night's robbery. I thought JCC was going to get to him with his power shots eventually but to Vera's credit he never folded. Once it got into the 8th round I knew Vera wasn't going anywhere and figured he would win by decision. I should've known not to underestimate the judges though.

The bad thing is that I used to like JCC, but after watching the HBO 24/7 with him and Sergio Martinez I was shocked. I couldn't believe the lack of commitment he showed leading up to the biggest fight of his career. It's almost like they had to beg this dude to get in the gym and train. I usually give peoople the benefit of the doubt but after watching that I began to realize how guilty he is of living off of his dad's name.

If the judges and HBO really were trying to save him from blowing a big time fight down the road then I think that it'll all be in vain. There's no way that this dude can beat Ward or GGG. The only reason that I'd give him a fighting chance against Canelo is because he's so much bigger and can take a lot of punishment. But even then I wouldn't put it past Canelo to outbox him for 12 rounds. It's almost sad to hear the excuses come from this guys mouth. If I didn't know any better I'd say that he actually believes them. It's about time for HBO to forget about this clown and focus on Ward and GGG.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:00 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,522,461 times
My favorite part of the fight is when the ref told JCC after one of his earlier complaints to "Stop crying and box" LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or