U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win? Why?
Manny Pacquiao 7 100.00%
Brandon Rios 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 08:45 AM

1,483 posts, read 2,924,966 times

Advertisements

First, let me state that I like Pacman alot.

I think Pacman will lose by knockout or he will win by decision. Rios has a strong chin and he is not all there...to me this means he will take punches and fight back...making this a good fight. On the flip side, I agree with Roy Jones, even Pacman does not know how he will respond to flush punch. Now, add in the emotion that Pacman has towards to Rios. this presents a higher than normal potential for a knockout loss.

Either way, I think Pacman is done, in regards to Pacman being P4P. Yes the skills are there, but knockout losses are the hardest to overcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 12:05 PM

322 posts, read 447,567 times
Look, I understand where you're coming from. I mean it's a fight so Rios obviously has a puncher's chance to win. But aside from that puncher's chance he is going to be severely outclassed by Manny.

I'm the first one to give Pacquiao and his fans grief when the moments present themselves but in actuality I do respect the man's fighting ability. I agree with you that Rios has a strong chin but he has been taking punches from 130 & 135 pounders. He hasn't taken a clean shot (to my knowledge) from a welterweight. Furthermore he hasn't taken a clean shot from Manny Pacquiao.

Pacquiao has punished fighters way better than Rios. He may show a little rust early but if Rios keeps coming forward (like he always does) against him he's going to become target practice for Pacquiao. As one of the prior posters stated, Rios is going to be seeing punches from all sorts of angles. Barring a "lucky" punch, I just don't see Rios doing much to slow down Manny in this fight.

Old 11-23-2013, 11:08 PM

491 posts, read 1,336,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
Manny Pacquiao for any variety of reasons. Too quick, too much experience especially at welter. Rios won't be able to deal with the movement and various angles that Manny will attack from.
Quote:
Rios is indeed tough so maybe he can stretch it out to 8, but I think Robert Garcia is eventually going to have to save him from himself.

Good insight. I thought Rios would be a punching bag for Manny but also thought Rios had a chance with a knockout with a punch Manny doesn't see, aka Marquez.
I think Garcia could've stopped this fight earlier, Rios took a lot of damage, back to back damaged. Rios needs to take a break.
Bradley should be next for Manny then maybe Floyd if Manny wins against Bradley. Floyd has to stop ducking Manny.

Rios: "Manny Pacquiao is very fast, very awkward. I fought one of the best boxers in the world other than Mayweather."

Manny: "My time is not over yet. Rios is not an easy opponent -- good fighter, strong fighter. I consider him one of the toughest opponents in my career."

Old 11-24-2013, 12:42 AM

1,850 posts, read 2,468,640 times
Welp, looks like he quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Although I have my doubts . . . I sincerely hope you are 100% correct!

The few Rios fights that I've seen lead me to believe that he is a tough fighter who can slug and counter with today's best, including Pacquiao. However, his undisciplined "self" leads me to conclude that it's a matter of time before his young "Champ Aura" bursts on him.

What kind of a man is he who lacks the discipline to not SWEAR before his infant children? What kind of a man will resort to swearing MORE before his loved ones when asked by his wife to decrease his swearing? What a low-life type!

This all leads me to conclude that, it's just a matter of time before his undisciplined self, self-implodes!

I hope Manny gives him reason to pause, reflect, and become a better man. Until such time, he will remain as nothing more than a low-life idiot before mine eyes!

Old 11-24-2013, 02:01 AM

519 posts, read 506,546 times
The only surprise is that it went to the scorecards. I thought Robert Garcia might've stopped the punishment, but he let Manny use Rios as a human piñata for 12 rounds. Just too much speed for Rios to deal with. Total wipeout.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:44 AM

9,369 posts, read 18,063,730 times
Good win. The only adjustment I saw in Rios is that he put his earmuffs on for most of the fight, and still got lit up. Robert Garcia's M.O. is to drain his fighters down to meet weight and then come in blown up. Only problem with that is it takes from your stamina.

Not sure what Alex Ariza brought to the dance, Rios looked soft and slow. Nice to see both Rios and Ariza fail.

I hope Manny sets his sights on a rematch with Bradley and fights with the same sustained attack he applied on Rios.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:33 AM

326 posts, read 458,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I hope Manny sets his sights on a rematch with Bradley and fights with the same sustained attack he applied on Rios.
Agreed. To those who watched the Pacquaio/Bradley fight, it was clear Manny won that fight easily. I think a rematch would probably sell better than the original did and I think Manny still wins that fight easily.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:39 PM
Status: "Love, Goodness, and Kindness Will Prevail . . ." (set 18 days ago)

2,754 posts, read 3,285,378 times
Quote:
The only surprise is that it went to the scorecards. I thought Robert Garcia might've stopped the punishment, but he let Manny use Rios as a human piñata for 12 rounds. Just too much speed for Rios to deal with. Total wipeout.
Robert Garcia will allow his fighters to suffer unnecessary beatings in the name of machismo ignorance. Instead of stopping the fight to save his fighters from extensive damage, he will allow them to receive punishment just like he did with plaster-in-the-@ss margarito who suffered an orbital fracture.

Rios is a classless mockery of a punching bag. He deserves every blow MP inflicted on him. The ring name Bam-Bam suits him just fine. Manny "Bam-Bammed" him on his face 200+ times.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:30 AM

1,267 posts, read 2,491,563 times
I just want to see Pacquiao vs Mayweather

who cares if they are at the edge of their prime

I just want to see it

Who else is better for Mayweather than Pacquiao?
Who else is better for Pacquiao than Mayweather?

Why can't Pacquiao just be a free agent like cotto or make his own promotional company? Why does he have to stick with Bob Arum who is the one that is not making the fight happen.

Manny has popularity and speaks descent english, he can make his own promotional company and bring filipino fighters into the star light like Oscar is doing with hispanics?

Old 11-27-2013, 01:35 AM

1,483 posts, read 2,924,966 times
this fight was setup for manny and mayweather fight. it will happen this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or