U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Money vs Pacman
Yes 6 33.33%
No 12 66.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 06:53 PM

9,369 posts, read 18,022,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investor Five View Post
More child's play from an immature, classless coward. Keep fighting mediocre opposition while blowing your own horn. By the way I was right, Floyd has said "Manny can have the WBC belt..." He would rather surrender the title just like Bowe, than grow a set and fight Manny. All but his most delusional followers are getting fed up with his yellow steak and endless excuses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 08:21 AM

326 posts, read 457,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
More child's play from an immature, classless coward. Keep fighting mediocre opposition while blowing your own horn. By the way I was right, Floyd has said "Manny can have the WBC belt..." He would rather surrender the title just like Bowe, than grow a set and fight Manny. All but his most delusional followers are getting fed up with his yellow steak and endless excuses.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:03 AM

115 posts, read 118,969 times
And aging Manny who has dropped two of his last three fights is not "mediocre opposition", Coolhand???

Can't believe some of you guys actually think the fight would be competitive...

Old 12-24-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
And aging Manny who has dropped two of his last three fights is not "mediocre opposition", Coolhand???

Please tell me what Khan has accomplished in his last three fights to deserve a shot ahead of Manny, Garcia, and Martinez. While you're at it, please tell me how Guerrero, Alvarez, and Ortiz earned their shots? None of them beat anyone noteworthy and Alvarez was a strong PPV draw on his own without ever beating anyone. I guess Manny needs to beat Berto the overrated gatekeeper in order to get a shot. By the way, my questions aren't rhetorical, I'd like an actual answer.

Face it, Floyd is a coward. He's defeated most of his opponents after they've been battle fatigued and shot. His most impressive win came over Corrales who was no better than Margarito. That was over a decade ago.

If Manny...the eight class world champion, three time fighter of the year, and fighter of the decade, was such an easy win for Floyd, he would have fought him back in 2008 instead of "retiring" and then offering a half dozen excuses since then to avoid him.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:34 PM

326 posts, read 457,671 times
Quote:

Bradley was a robbery and everyone knows it. Something like 56 unofficial scorecards from the boxing press at large had it scored for Pacquaio.

And as far as Pacman's accomplishments, how about the only 8 division world champion in boxing history and arguably the 3rd or 4th best welterweight in the world by most estimates? This fight is STILL the richest fight to be made in boxing and any attempts to discount the importance of this fight show an obvious bias for PBF.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:42 PM

115 posts, read 118,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Please tell me what Khan has accomplished in his last three fights to deserve a shot ahead of Manny, Garcia, and Martinez. While you're at it, please tell me how Guerrero, Alvarez, and Ortiz earned their shots? None of them beat anyone noteworthy and Alvarez was a strong PPV draw on his own without ever beating anyone. I guess Manny needs to beat Berto the overrated gatekeeper in order to get a shot. By the way, my questions aren't rhetorical, I'd like an actual answer.

Face it, Floyd is a coward. He's defeated most of his opponents after they've been battle fatigued and shot. His most impressive win came over Corrales who was no better than Margarito. That was over a decade ago.

If Manny...the eight class world champion, three time fighter of the year, and fighter of the decade, was such an easy win for Floyd, he would have fought him back in 2008 instead of "retiring" and then offering a half dozen excuses since then to avoid him.

Are you (conveniently) forgetting about what happened four years ago, Coolhand ... when TEAM PACQUIAO stubbornly refused to agree to very reasonable drug-testing conditions before a March 2010 fight date ... giving some incredibly lame excuse about how it would weaken Manny (LMAO)?

Khan is a chump, but like I said previously in this thread, he would be a good tune-up for Pretty Boy for a bigger payday in September ... hopefully against the over-the-hill Filipino (assuming he can stay off the mat until then).

As for your other (ridiculous) question ... when you're the undefeated, undisputed pound-for-pound KING, you fight anyone you want.

https://twitter.com/FloydMayweather/status/416100364018925568

LOL ... gotta love that PB

Last edited by Investor Five; 12-26-2013 at 12:52 PM..

Old 12-26-2013, 05:50 PM

2008 - Floyd "retires" when he takes a hard look around the division and sees a PRIME Cotto, Margarito, and Pacquiao breathing down his neck.

2010 & 2011 - Manny Pacquiao agrees to Floyd's demands of random testing...Floyd goes silent.

2013 - Manny agrees to take a lesser cut of the purse...Floyd demands even more in order to price himself out of the fight.

2013 - Floyd's latest demand is that Manny must leave Bob Arum, but he still insists he will never fight Manny and even said he would sooner give up his WBC belt rather than risk losing it to Manny in a fight.

See a pattern here? Floyd is as real a champion as the city he resides...Las Vegas; complete with a fake NY, fake Paris, fake Italy, and fake Pyramid.

And yes, Floyd will indeed wait until Manny is completely washed up before considering a fight with him, that's the only way he could possibly win. Just like his wins over a faded and washed up Cotto, Mosley, and De La Hoya...who all went the distance I might add.

A little taste of chicken Mayweathers own recipe:

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/53176...m#.UrzPDcu9KSM

Old 12-26-2013, 07:57 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,480,721 times
I am not saying Mayweather is a coward or anything like that. But the very recent events that have been happening make him look like one.

That twitter post was kind of childish, considering the fact that he is not even fighting Manny. Just recently Manny has been wanting to talk to Floyd, and Floyd is saying he won't fight him because he is 1-3. Really just based on that? Forgetting the fact that he destroyed opponents in comparison to Floyd who only frustrated them for 12 rounds? Then afterwards he posts that tweet? This reminds me of elementary school, where the cowardly kid that everyone hated only talked trashed from far away.

I am a floyd fan, i believe he could have beating a prime sugar shane mosley, oscar de la hoya, and cotto. But it is obvious he got them over the hill. Same thing is going to happen with Manny. Age does not matter. Counterpunchers stay in their prime and last longer than punchers. Just compare Mayweather, Martinez, Marquez to De La Hoya, Cotto, Pacquiao. They don't get hit as much and ther training is based on conditioning and endurance, not on power punching.

I am a Floyd fan, but i got to admit he has remained undefeated because of three major factors, his talent, he has cherrypicked, he has ducked.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:23 PM

2,869 posts, read 2,831,334 times
Quote:

Are you (conveniently) forgetting about what happened four years ago, Coolhand ... when TEAM PACQUIAO stubbornly refused to agree to very reasonable drug-testing conditions before a March 2010 fight date ... giving some incredibly lame excuse about how it would weaken Manny (LMAO)?

Khan is a chump, but like I said previously in this thread, he would be a good tune-up for Pretty Boy for a bigger payday in September ... hopefully against the over-the-hill Filipino (assuming he can stay off the mat until then).

As for your other (ridiculous) question ... when you're the undefeated, undisputed pound-for-pound KING, you fight anyone you want.

[font=Verdana][url="https://twitter.c :[/FONT]
Talk is cheap, son. That's all Mayweather is regarding Manny - a talker.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
I am not saying Mayweather is a coward or anything like that. But the very recent events that have been happening make him look like one.

That twitter post was kind of childish, considering the fact that he is not even fighting Manny. Just recently Manny has been wanting to talk to Floyd, and Floyd is saying he won't fight him because he is 1-3. Really just based on that? Forgetting the fact that he destroyed opponents in comparison to Floyd who only frustrated them for 12 rounds? Then afterwards he posts that tweet? This reminds me of elementary school, where the cowardly kid that everyone hated only talked trashed from far away.

I am a floyd fan, i believe he could have beating a prime sugar shane mosley, oscar de la hoya, and cotto. But it is obvious he got them over the hill. Same thing is going to happen with Manny. Age does not matter. Counterpunchers stay in their prime and last longer than punchers. Just compare Mayweather, Martinez, Marquez to De La Hoya, Cotto, Pacquiao. They don't get hit as much and ther training is based on conditioning and endurance, not on power punching.

I am a Floyd fan, but i got to admit he has remained undefeated because of three major factors, his talent, he has cherrypicked, he has ducked.
It's nice to see a Floyd fan admit the obvious. It's not easy to be objective when discussing an athlete you've developed an appreciate for, and it is often difficult for fans to be impartial.

Back when Floyd fought De La Hoya, I was neutral about him and I wasnt necessarily a fan of DLH. I just wanted to see a good fight even though I wished they would have fought sooner. I actually scored that fight impartially and had DLH winning 115-113, as did many sportswriters sitting ringside. It was the second gift of his career following the gift decision he received in his first fight with Castillo. Not sure if you recall that fight, but Castillo gave Floyd fits with his aggression and pressure. He was also a decent counter puncher. Manny is faster, stronger, and more accurate than Castillo could ever hope to be. Floyd's dad and uncle knew that and wanted no part of him.

Floyd began his ducking early in his career when he found ways to dodge prime Stevie Johnston, Casamayor, Freitas, and Mosley. He once cited Mosley's four losses as a reason not to fight him while Mosley was still competitive. Yet he had no problem taking on the likes of Baldomir with 9 losses. He waited until Mosley was nearly 40 to finally fight him. Floyd has made a career of either ducking or waiting for opponents to be battle fatigued or aged. That or they have to come up in weight to fight him. The average sports fan doesn't know the difference, they hear a household name (Khan) and assume it will be a competitive fight. They see Floyd dominate B-rate fighters like Gatti, Ortiz, Guerrero etc and think he is the next coming of Sugar Ray Leonard. His PR team pumps his image and the sheeple of the sports community follow the shiny objects like a fish to the hook.

Floyd has the talent to be the best, but his ego won't allow him to take the risks necessary to convince the critics and a large majority of boxing fans that he is worthy of P4P titles. To compound that doubt, his style is not exactly heart pounding or exciting. He is the perfect poster boy for "flash over substance".

If he doesn't fight Manny in the next twelve months then we all have our answer. Even then, this fight has gone past its expiration date. It should have happened three years ago. Manny has 17 more fights to his record which adds up to much more battle fatigue and ages a fighter quicker than actual years of age. He probably has two or three decent fights left in him. He didn't go to the school of Mayweather and Hopkins of cherry picking easy opponents to pad their records.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or