U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Money vs Pacman
Yes 6 33.33%
No 12 66.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 06:47 PM

9,369 posts, read 18,012,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
I got some questions!!!

How about Manny offer a fight to Mayweather then?? Oh yea,,, he can't. Manny was directly offered $40 million to fight Mayweather, but of course Bob Arum wouldn't allow him to take it and he missed out.

How many $40 million paydays had Pacman had?

What's his record over his past 5 fights?

Who got knocked out in their 4th fight with the same guy? After arguably losing most of the fights in the series anyway?

I like Manny and I really hope the fight gets made....but let's be real. Both sides take some blame for this fight not happening at its peak, a couple years ago. Overall, Floyd does not need Manny to cement his legacy.
S he was supposed to accept an offer of $40 million for a fight that was going to easily earn well over $200 million? So he should have accepted what amounts to 20%? Maybe that's ok for guys like Guerrero and Alvarez who are willing to fight for pennies on the dollar, but Manny doesn't need to sell his soul to Floyd.

Manny earned around $20 - 25 million just to fight Rios. Keeping more of his money while fighting in China and essentially earning the equivalent of $40 million in the states.

Manny has plenty of options to earn big money. His rematch with Bradley will do over a million PPV. Fortunately he doesn't fit just for money like Floyd. He fights tough opponents and isn't afraid to lay it on the line like Maynever.

His record over his last five fights is the same as Khan, the guy Floyd was perfectly fine with fighting instead of Manny. That is until he found an easier opponent in Maidana who Khan already defeated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 06:56 PM

592 posts, read 666,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
S he was supposed to accept an offer of $40 million for a fight that was going to easily earn well over $200 million? So he should have accepted what amounts to 20%? Maybe that's ok for guys like Guerrero and Alvarez who are willing to fight for pennies on the dollar, but Manny doesn't need to sell his soul to Floyd.

Manny earned around $20 - 25 million just to fight Rios. Keeping more of his money while fighting in China and essentially earning the equivalent of $40 million in the states.

Manny has plenty of options to earn big money. His rematch with Bradley will do over a million PPV. Fortunately he doesn't fit just for money like Floyd. He fights tough opponents and isn't afraid to lay it on the line like Maynever.

His record over his last five fights is the same as Khan, the guy Floyd was perfectly fine with fighting instead of Manny. That is until he found an easier opponent in Maidana who Khan already defeated.

You really believe Manny made $40 million in USD?? With Bob Arum as his promoter?? LMAO... Khan is a Goldenboy fighter, Maidana is a Goldenboy fighter,Guerrero was a Golden Boy fighter, Alvarez was a Goldenboy fighter. Cotto had to leave Top Rank to fight Floyd. HOW DO YOU NOT RECOGNIZE THE PATTERN? If you were a true boxing fan like I am, you would agree that Bob Arum is robbing Pacman blind and preventing him from taking this fight. You're not a Pacman fan either, you just hate Mayweather.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:10 PM

9,369 posts, read 18,012,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
You really believe Manny made $40 million in USD?? With Bob Arum as his promoter?? LMAO... Khan is a Goldenboy fighter, Maidana is a Goldenboy fighter,Guerrero was a Golden Boy fighter, Alvarez was a Goldenboy fighter. Cotto had to leave Top Rank to fight Floyd. HOW DO YOU NOT RECOGNIZE THE PATTERN? If you were a true boxing fan like I am, you would agree that Bob Arum is robbing Pacman blind and preventing him from taking this fight. You're not a Pacman fan either, you just hate Mayweather.
I've been a life long fan of boxing, and I forgot more about the sport than you will ever know. I don't defend Arum. Nor do I have faith in any other promotor. I dislike Mayweather not only for his cowardly approach to selecting opponents but his arrogance, classless tantrums, racism and homophobia. He is an excellent defensive fighter but about as exciting to watch as CSPAN.

Please don't pretend you aren't a Manny hater. I haven't seen you make any unbiased comments and you haven't called out any of the other Manny haters on this forum for their blind allegiance to a guy who is the biggest hypocrite in boxing.

Last edited by Coolhand68; 04-14-2014 at 10:53 PM..

Old 04-14-2014, 11:32 PM

592 posts, read 666,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I've been a lif fan of boxing, and I forgot more about the sport than you will ever know. I don't defend Arum. Nor do I have faith in any other promotor. I dislike Mayweather not only for his cowardly approach to selecting opponents but his arrogance, classless tantrums, racism and homophobia. He is an excellent defensive fighter but about as exciting to watch as CSPAN.

Please don't pretend you aren't a Manny hater. I haven't seen you make any unbiased comments and you haven't called out any of the other Manny haters on this forum for their blind allegiance to a guy who is the biggest hypocrite in boxing.
I'm not a Manny hater at all. I just call it how I see it. I think my dislike of top rank may come off that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or