U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 09:17 AM

519 posts, read 506,227 times

Advertisements

Laurence Cole was his usual awful self. There shouldn't be too much surprise about that. The only reason why he ever got a refereeing gig is nepotism at it's finest. Deduct a point from Chino for head butt (deservedly so), but never take a point away from Broner for all of the pushing and forearms. Why even bother to warn him then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 10:07 AM

1,267 posts, read 2,489,584 times
Fight of the year? Isn't that honored to a fight were both boxers were competitive and going back and forth? I saw Maidana destroy Broner, that fight was not competitive at all. Entertaining yes, but Broner's lack of maturity does not deserve him the fight of the year award.

Broner's legacy is sealed. He can never be Floyd. NEVER EVER. Even if Broner makes a sort of comeback, everyone from now to 10+ will look at this fight when it gets on youtube and say "Man, this guy is a *****"

I am not going to tune in to his fights anymore. For what? Everyone wants to see Mayweather and Broner get beat, that is how they sell ticket. Broner's talk trashing is irrelevant now, he got smacked around and embarresed. He is not marketable now.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:14 AM

322 posts, read 447,240 times
I knew Maidana would be trouble for Broner. Broner gets hit way too much to be in the ring with someone who has serious firepower. Broner is a straight up clown and I was so glad to see him matched up with a fighter who was legit to be taken seriously. But like all clowns, Broner still wanted to think everything was a joke eventhough he had real fighter standing across the ring from him.

I do want to give Broner a little bit of credit for getting back up and continuing to fight after that 1st knockdown. I mean that dude was snoring before he even hit the canvas. I didn't think he was going to be in there much longer after that one. But other than that I'm glad Maidana went in there and handled his business like a true champion.

As far as Broner's marketability moving forward; I think he is still highly marketable for the simple reason that he still has to prove that he can beat the top guys out there. He has some obvious skills to go along with some obvious flaws. If he can go back to the drawing board and become a more complete fighter then he'll still have some decent marketability left. However, he does run the danger of drifting into Devon Alexander territory too. I'm interested to see whether or not he'll tone down the clown act now that he embarrassed in front of millions. The next couple of fights will probably determine which direction his career will go.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:30 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,531,466 times
Broner just could not readjust after the first Knock down, he almost seemed scared to throw punches, truth be told he could have still done some more damage, if he started counter punching instead of trying to hold, hump and BS

Old 12-16-2013, 12:13 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,531,466 times
Anybody heard the rumor that Maidana tested positive for PEDS and they are reversing the decision?

Old 12-16-2013, 01:18 PM

6,360 posts, read 6,128,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Notice he didn't ask his order to brush his hair after the fight.
Marcos Maidana actually did that for them

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps9ac0ed91.gif

Old 12-16-2013, 04:49 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,584,978 times
Adrien Broner’s embarrassing loss in two perfect GIFs | For The Win

Old 12-16-2013, 04:55 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,584,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rob View Post
Anybody heard the rumor that Maidana tested positive for PEDS and they are reversing the decision?
No. Who spread this rumor? Broner's people?

Old 12-16-2013, 06:24 PM

9,369 posts, read 18,056,443 times
All I've seen is a website speculating what Alex Ariza was using in Maidana's corner and whether or not it was smelling salts between rounds. Other than that I haven't heard anything about PEDs.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:15 PM

1,483 posts, read 2,923,603 times
Default Ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Marcos Maidana actually did that for them

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps9ac0ed91.gif
Yeah, I laughed when it happened in real time. That was funny and perfect for the individual!! Did this humble him. We will see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or