U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 11:21 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,561,944 times

Advertisements

This is a great year, simply because someone finally beat the hell out of this idiot. Kudos to Maidana.

Marcos Maidana Unanimously Outpoints Adrien Broner - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 11:38 PM

519 posts, read 504,913 times
100% agreed. Assuming that he wasn't seriously injured, the fool didn't even have the decency to do a post-fight interview.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:41 PM

2,003 posts, read 4,400,793 times
AB is the personification of over-confidence. A fall was in the works- a universal concept of life.

Quote:
Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before stumbling.

Old 12-15-2013, 12:29 AM

1,267 posts, read 2,483,649 times
What a clown, what a cheap pirate version of Mayweather...that is what the Mexican broadcasters were saying

Broner has no class, neither inside or outside the ring. He complained constantly, he used dirty tactics, he faked the head butt to the chin like if it was something serious in order to get time and not get knockout. Broner was suppose to get knockout or TKO'd, what a cheater, worst acting ever. He ran out after they announced Maidana won. No sportmanship at all, he constantly shaked his head with his mouth open while he was getting his face smashed in. Maidana was going to TKO/KO this kid, but Broner hugged, no confidence in his philly shell anymore.

Great job by Maidana. Those right overhand bolos shots were effective

Old 12-15-2013, 01:08 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,561,944 times
Default Substance over fluff

I was telling my son a couple of days ago what I thought the formula was for beating Broner (and Mayweather). Constant pressure, punches from different angles, unexpected angles, knock power in either hand, ability to take a punch, and stamina. Maidana did this tonight and prevailed in a big way. It's really great to see.

Old 12-15-2013, 01:48 AM

2,003 posts, read 4,400,793 times
Broner shows his American class here. Saint Chino paid him back in kind.

Adrien Broner humps Marcos Maidana during fight (Video) | Larry Brown Sports

Old 12-15-2013, 05:22 AM

1,483 posts, read 2,919,699 times
I like trash talking. Trash talking is done to get into opponent's head and motivate yourself. Broner takes it to a level that i don't like at all. He disrespected Paulia Ma. some much that i was shocked to hear that Paulia maintained his composure while announcing the fight.

For the fight, I felt that it was beautiful beating and very one sided. Broner survived the fight with constant elbows and then that scene where he rolled around on the mat like a spoiled tot for more time to recuperate. A better referee would have deducted points at sometime for the elbows. In a normal Boxing environment, Marcos would have knocked him out.

If I were Broner, I would not fight Maidana again. Yes, I agree that Marcos was hurt but that was after hundreds of punches. I love Boxing so much that I sincerely hope that Broner will man up, lick his wounds and return with a vintage...acting like a professional...drop the cowardly antics. But, something tells me that wont happen though.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:43 AM

1,483 posts, read 2,919,699 times
I hope that Mayweather feels the need to protect his little brother.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:51 AM

9,369 posts, read 18,035,767 times
So happy to see this idiot get brutalized. Notice he didn't ask his order to brush his hair after the fight. Throughout the fight he was pushing Maidana across the face and throat with his forearm and that worthless drunk of a ref Cole never took a point. Broner stooped to a new low by humping Maidana from behind only get it done back to him in the later rounds. The icing on the cake was watching all of the fans in San Antonio toss their drinks on him on the way out of the ring.

I'm just glad the judges got it right. I was waiting for a hose job when they read the scores. Good for Maindana, he's fought hard and worked hard to get here.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:13 AM

326 posts, read 457,968 times
Christmas came early this year holy crap.

Absolute FOTY candidate if not the clear winner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or