Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2013, 06:16 PM

89 posts, read 202,764 times

Advertisements

http://www.luckyoutdoor.com/four-fingers-iron-boxing-steel-self-defense-tool-wilderness-survival-kit.html

I’m wondering if this four fingers iron boxing is a good take-along everywhere self-defensive tool. Has ever someone used it as a tool for self-defense? As like what its description said it is a good helper to safeguard your security in emergencies such the attacks from machete and steel tube. I recently searching a tool for self-defense, since I usually go home at night after work and badly need a tool to protect myself against some unexpected emergencies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 05:36 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Don't waste your money on brass knuckles. For one, it helps if you already know how to fight and have some punching power, it may also be illegal in your state.

You might want to look at a kubaton, small piece of steel or aluminum you can use to bash an attacker in the face or head. Or you can just carry a screwdriver in your purse, it's legal and very effective, cheap too.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:11 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Don't waste your money on brass knuckles. For one, it helps if you already know how to fight and have some punching power, it may also be illegal in your state.

You might want to look at a kubaton, small piece of steel or aluminum you can use to bash an attacker in the face or head. Or you can just carry a screwdriver in your purse, it's legal and very effective, cheap too.
All good points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Daisy View Post
http://www.luckyoutdoor.com/four-fingers-iron-boxing-steel-self-defense-tool-wilderness-survival-kit.html

I’m wondering if this four fingers iron boxing is a good take-along everywhere self-defensive tool. Has ever someone used it as a tool for self-defense? As like what its description said it is a good helper to safeguard your security in emergencies such the attacks from machete and steel tube. I recently searching a tool for self-defense, since I usually go home at night after work and badly need a tool to protect myself against some unexpected emergencies.
If you're confronted with a machete or steel tube, your best tool is a gun or a good pair of Nikes. Otherwise, you need to make the "unexpected" the expected and plan to not be in that situation as much as possible. Can you have someone with you, take a different route, park someplace differently etc?

There are a few problems with tools like this. They are often at the bottom of a purse or in a pocket when a person is confronted by the "unexpected." If you are really attacked unexpectedly, it very well may not matter what tool you have because you may be defeated before you have a chance to fight back. They also lead people to make bad decisions and allow themselves to be in dangerous places with a false sense of confidence.

I don't say any of that to take away from the value of fighting back etc. To the contrary, I'm all for it and think people should be trained to do so effectively. My point is that the most effective way to protect yourself is mental and taking the steps not to be in the situation. You also need to consider how to remove yourself from the situation as soon as you identify a potential risk. The last option should be a physical fight with a thug intent and doing you harm. I'm not saying that as a reaction against violence, I'm saying that because many people underestimate the nature of real street crime (not you necessarily - this is a broad response). Even for those prepared for the physical, they may often find themselves wondering what happened if they weren't prepared for the lead up to it and sufficiently assessed the threat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing