U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 09:52 PM

2,003 posts, read 4,398,943 times

Advertisements

Amir Khan is the slickest boxer Mayweather has faced. Too much slickness for Mayweather, Khan will be able to stick and move with fast hands and fast feet. Mayweather is getting old - this is not another Mexican stand in-front of you brawler that Mayweather has hand-picked over the last few years. Looking forward to this fight in May and finally seeing Mayweather lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 11:09 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,555,278 times
Amis Khan is a fluff. He doesn't even stand a puncher's chance against Floyd. He's not as fast as Floyd, and can't outbox him. He also has a weak chin.

The man to beat Floyd must be a fighter who can apply constant pressure to Floyd. That man must have great power, stamina, and be intensely driven. He must be able to take a shot. He must be able to attack Floyd with an unconventional assortment of punches, so he can't catch Floyd with a punch Floyd doesn't see. He must be smart, crafty, and deceptive. Khan is NOT that man.

It would be a good payday for him though, one that I don't think he deserves. Not interested in seeing this fight. It would be another easy win for Floyd. Floyd could beat Khan any day of the week and twice on Sunday, at ANY age.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:18 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,998,797 times
Highly unlikely.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:35 AM

115 posts, read 119,016 times
Please tell us you're just joking, samyn

Khan is a young guy who would serve as a useful spring opponent for Pretty Boy as he prepares to expose and toy with the old Filipino in September...

Old 01-02-2014, 10:04 AM

326 posts, read 457,812 times
I think Floyd still wins this one but I think it's going to be a way tougher test than Floyd is used to. I think Khan even wins some of the early rounds in this one.

At the very least, it will give the fans a taste of what a Pacquaio fight may shape up to be in the future because they both use similar skill sets. I think Khan is basically the only fighter out there at 147 who is actually faster than Floyd and he makes good use of combinations as well. I don't think Khan carries the angles, footwork, or the power of Manny Pacquaio though and that will probably make all the difference.

I'm not trying to overhype Amir Khan. I'm just saying he's an incredibly talented boxer that has some critical weaknesses. IMO, he should have taken the Devon Alexander fight first but I guess he didn't want to risk the chance of losing.

Would I rather see a Marcos Maidana fight than this? Absolutely. But I think this will still be a great matchup and will certainly be more entertaining than that freaking Robert Guerrero fight.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:59 AM

4,690 posts, read 8,628,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Amir Khan is the slickest boxer Mayweather has faced. Too much slickness for Mayweather, Khan will be able to stick and move with fast hands and fast feet. Mayweather is getting old - this is not another Mexican stand in-front of you brawler that Mayweather has hand-picked over the last few years. Looking forward to this fight in May and finally seeing Mayweather lose.
I will take both of them out, so what?

Old 01-02-2014, 11:07 AM

4,852 posts, read 6,370,582 times
Khan has been thrashed twice.

Mayweather will handle him just fine.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:48 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,482,211 times
Neither Maidana or Khan deserve to fight Floyd before Pacquiao. Hopefully this is just a tune up match for floyd in order to fight Manny next.

If this fight does happen i want to see Floyd be the aggressor and knock him out. If he just helds back and counters like always then that justs shows he only cares about himself and not the fans. Put on a good show floyd, don't depend on Canelo and Broner to be in your undercard

Old 01-02-2014, 05:34 PM

2,003 posts, read 4,398,943 times
Default Ducking khan

Khan is going to outspeed Floyd and out box him. Its a style problem for Floyd. Floyd is a counter-puncher that does his best work with a come forward brawling style fighter - the typical macho Latino. Khan has a style and youth edge on Floyd and will be the one to humble Floyd. Maidana while game and talented is very hittable boxer and will be an easier task for Floyd. I suspect that Floyd reaches out for Maidana and ducks Khan. If Floyd- Khan is confirmed I'm betting Khan at a healthy price.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:00 PM

592 posts, read 667,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post

I don't think you watch boxing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or