U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 07:20 PM

9,369 posts, read 18,024,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
You're still out of touch with reality. It was you who came into a thread about where to watch the Pacquaio-Bradley fight and still found a way to bash Mayweather.

No ifs about it…

Since when?

I can't really say much about Al Haymon since he wisely doesn't speak to the media and stays out of the spotlight except when his fighters thank him in the post-fight interview. Arum, on the other hand, is an old-school crook and pretty much everyone who isn't in denial will acknowledge that. He goes on this rant a few months ago about Khan & Floyd, last week rants about Maidana & Floyd. Who spends all that time talking about their competition? An old man that knows that he has a weak roster which potentially could be getting weaker:

Miguel Angel Garcia files suit against Top Rank - ESPN

Mikey has wised up, Manny would be smart to do the same…

As for excuses, it's interesting that Freddie Roach has recently come right out and stated that it was Team Pacquiao's fault why the fight didn't initially get made. He also said that he didn't feel that Mayweather was afraid of the fight despite your many allegations to the contrary.

First agreeable thing you've said in ages.
I'll ignore the first half of your post and the childish dribble.

So Haymon is wise and Arum is just a greedy old crook. Trust me, Al Haymon is every bit as crude and crooked as any oer manager or promoter. He is Floyd's new puppet master. None of his fighters under his control can make a move without him. So now Floyd won't need any excuses he can let Haymon pull those puppet strings.

As for Mikey Garcia who cares? He drains himself two weight classes to fight smaller fighters (Robert Garcia's preferred method of training) and hasn't proven or earned anything.

Not sure where Roach stated it was Manny's fault for not making the fight. Roach has most recently stated that Floyd doesn't want the fight because he is afraid to risk his undefeated record. He has listed all of Floyd's excuses since the first attempt that saw Manny defiantly stand up to Floyd's nonsense as he tried to dictate terms and making also accusations. A man who wants to fight doesn't look for excuses not to fight. Roach has been fairly vocal in recent interviews about Floyd's refusal to fight. It's only the most loyal of koolaid-aid drinkers who enjoy polishing Floyd's jock strap that are content with his excuses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 10:33 PM

519 posts, read 504,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I'll ignore the first half of your post and the childish dribble.
Oh...you mean the part where I pointed out more of your nonstop hypocrisy? Yeah, I'm sure that you would like to ignore that. BTW the word that obviously escaped your grasp is drivel, not dribble.

Quote:
So Haymon is wise and Arum is just a greedy old crook. Trust me, Al Haymon is every bit as crude and crooked as any oer manager or promoter.
{sigh} Read again. I said that Haymon is wise to not speak with the media and stay out the limelight. Context is your friend. He may very well be as crooked as Arum, but he doesn't put anything out there in the press to get caught up in and have it come back and have it bite him in the rear. Therefore, I can't factually state that I know much about the man, I highly doubt that you can either.

Quote:
As for Mikey Garcia who cares? He drains himself two weight classes to fight smaller fighters (Robert Garcia's preferred method of training) and hasn't proven or earned anything.
Who cares? Let's see: one the most exciting up and coming fighters, 34-0 with 28 KO, good boxer with serious power. You can bet your ass Uncle Bob certainly cares!

Chavez Jr: No Top Rank Extension Unless I'm Paid Right - Boxing News

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC Jr
“They want to make me sign an extension of my [promotional] contract, but they are not giving me the money that I’m actually worth to fight. They have never showed me numbers that I generate and they also want to force me into an [extension of] three fights for less money than I’m being offered elsewhere,” Chavez said.
Personally, I think Jr. is a POS, but he has a following especially among the Mexican boxing crowd. It seems that he's finally starting to get smart as well. But who cares about him either, right? Well, besides Uncle Bob that is.

Quote:
Not sure where Roach stated it was Manny's fault for not making the fight.
Freddie Roach Admits Pacquiao's Fault Mayweather Not Happening | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie Roach
“I think people will say why didn’t they fight each other, and blame both guys to be honest with you. Because the first negotiation we were against the blood test, and it was kinda our fault that the first time it didn’t work. Then it came to a point where we accepted that later on. I think it’s both guys.”
You can hear it all from his own mouth in the video at that link.

As for the rest of your poor attempt at spin and your childish drivel, save it for someone who doesn't have the facts and thus doesn't know any better.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:56 PM

9,369 posts, read 18,024,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
Oh...you mean the part where I pointed out more of your nonstop hypocrisy? Yeah, I'm sure that you would like to ignore that. BTW the word that obviously escaped your grasp is drivel, not dribble.

{sigh} Read again. I said that Haymon is wise to not speak with the media and stay out the limelight. Context is your friend. He may very well be as crooked as Arum, but he doesn't put anything out there in the press to get caught up in and have it come back and have it bite him in the rear. Therefore, I can't factually state that I know much about the man, I highly doubt that you can either.

Who cares? Let's see: one the most exciting up and coming fighters, 34-0 with 28 KO, good boxer with serious power. You can bet your ass Uncle Bob certainly cares!

Chavez Jr: No Top Rank Extension Unless I'm Paid Right - Boxing News

Personally, I think Jr. is a POS, but he has a following especially among the Mexican boxing crowd. It seems that he's finally starting to get smart as well. But who cares about him either, right? Well, besides Uncle Bob that is.

Freddie Roach Admits Pacquiao's Fault Mayweather Not Happening | Robert Littal Presents BlackSportsOnline

You can hear it all from his own mouth in the video at that link.

As for the rest of your poor attempt at spin and your childish drivel, save it for someone who doesn't have the facts and thus doesn't know any better.
Tell you what, put down your Mayweather Pom-poms, change your funky little Floyd underoos, take the Justin Bieber posters off your wall and come back when you learn a thing or two about boxing. You can go back to your regularly scheduled googling of Maynever delusions. You talk of hypocrites but Floyd is the biggest of them all. Now one more time with enthusiasm...gimme an F, gimme and L, gimme an O...oh you know the rest.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:29 AM

592 posts, read 667,365 times
Quote:
Tell you what, put down your Mayweather Pom-poms, change your funky little Floyd underoos, take the Justin Bieber posters off your wall and come back when you learn a thing or two about boxing. You can go back to your regularly scheduled googling of Maynever delusions. You talk of hypocrites but Floyd is the biggest of them all. Now one more time with enthusiasm...gimme an F, gimme and L, gimme an O...oh you know the rest.
I was looking forward to your response and this is what you come up with? Lol and smh @you...

Old 04-27-2014, 01:05 PM

519 posts, read 504,300 times
Quote:
Weak sauce. I suppose this kind of drivel is all you have left when you can't put together a cogent argument. Your concession is noted.

Your cluelessness seems applicable to a quote that is sometimes attributed to Abraham Lincoln:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Go home, coolhand, you're drunk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or