U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 12:45 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,444,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomlcsc View Post
Honestly man, Canelo looked like a completely different fighter with Angulo. I feel like he wanted to prove to the world that his loss was a fluke. If he has anything near the aggresiveness he put on with Angulo, Lara is going to be in deep waters on 7/12.

If Canelo uses the same strategy he did against Trout(outbox, counterpunch) he's going to have a much harder time than he did with Trout.

Canelo has the goods though. I think this is his fight to lose.
I'd love to see Canelo get "aggressive" against a brutal counter-puncher like Lara. It would make a fun fight for sure.

Canelo can win this fight as long as he doesn't end up getting TKO'd on the ropes. Like I said, Lara could brutalize Canelo for 10 rounds out of 12 and still lose a decision. There's no way GBP let's Canelo lose a fight on the cards to a guy who can't even fill up a 5,000 seat arena.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 07:17 PM

162 posts, read 152,007 times
I was never impressed with Alvarez. Who did he fight to gain all this notoriety? Trout......who is Trout and who did he beat that was so great? Canelo beat Angulo, but the ref stopped it a little early. Lara made Angulo quit. Alvarez beat an old Mosley and contender wannabe Gomez. He was the next big Mexican Hope, until he choked against Floyd. Showed up for a paycheck and stood there like a deer in the headlights. Now half his fan base has left him flat. He was actually booed by the Mexican fans when he fought Angulo. I got Lara winning this one with speed and counter punching.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:48 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,482,662 times
Not to talk crap about Lara. But are you guys actually a fan of him? Did you guys actually watch the complete fight between him and Austin Trout? Or do you guys just like him better than Canelo? Yes Canelo may be overhyped because he has not fully proven himself but he is a good guy, he is barely starting his career. he has not done nothing bad to no one. Its not his fault he has many fans who love him. Its not his fault he was born with Red hair. He has a fan friendly style and a good personality.

But with Lara i just dont get it.
I don't get it. Yes he is from Cuba and he is not well known. But he does not push himself out there to gain fans, and we all know fans bring the revenue. Even fighters like Mayweather and Broner sometimes gives fans excitment. Lara's personality is not the most charismatic. I would say Mayweathers style is more excited, plus he is a master of trash talking. The only thing he does is talk trash through twitter. Canelo is ducking Lara for years? Cmon now Canelo is only 23? He was calling Canelo out when the guy was barely 20? Why not fight Carlos Molina, the guy who many say beat him and actually get a title from him. But oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or