U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 11:35 AM

9,369 posts, read 18,102,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomlcsc View Post
Hope Mayweather and Pacquaio finally fight in May......

What are the chances that's his "big surprise"?
I'd bet chances are slim and none. The big surprise is likely a move to 160 to grab a title in a sixth weight class. Golovkin would be the smart money fight, with Quillin another option. Neither Golovkin or Quillin have fought an A-class fighter yet so it should be easy pickins.

Floyd likes to stir up attention for himself, all eyes must be on him, hence the empty announcement to keep fans speculating and talking. Last time he promised the fans something he allowed them to choose his next opponent. They chose Khan and he ignored them and did not honor his word. Chose Maidana instead, a guy Khan had already beaten quite easily. Don't hold your breath for any earth shattering news from Floyd. More smoke and mirrors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 08:54 PM

3,513 posts, read 3,252,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I'd bet chances are slim and none. The big surprise is likely a move to 160 to grab a title in a sixth weight class. Golovkin would be the smart money fight, with Quillin another option. Neither Golovkin or Quillin have fought an A-class fighter yet so it should be easy pickins.
No way. Triple G would ko Floyd. I have a hard time believing he'd make such a crazy move up in weight to face someone like that.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
No way. Triple G would ko Floyd. I have a hard time believing he'd make such a crazy move up in weight to face someone like that.
Have you watched Golovkin fight? He has power, a decent jab, but limited boxing skills. He keeps his hands low and he is an easy target for anyone with speed. Outside of Macklin who is mediocre, I don't recognize anyone he has beaten.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:11 PM

864 posts, read 654,851 times
A rematch with Maidana. Well, at least its better than Amir Khan.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
A rematch with Maidana. Well, at least its better than Amir Khan.
I don't know. Khan thoroughly dominated Maidana, handed him a one sided ass whooping. Floyd must have seen something in Khan that made him duck him in place of Maidana. Even with Khan's glass jaw Floyd still made a big production of ducking him.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:08 PM

592 posts, read 672,457 times
Quote:
I don't know. Khan thoroughly dominated Maidana, handed him a one sided ass whooping. Floyd must have seen something in Khan that made him duck him in place of Maidana. Even with Khan's glass jaw Floyd still made a big production of ducking him.
Hahaha.. you're silly bro. Khan was running the last half of the fight and almost got koed. Plus he fought Maidana before he teamed with Garcia.. Maidana had won his last three fights at welterweight. What had Khan done?

Old 07-08-2014, 11:33 AM

864 posts, read 654,851 times
Quote:
Maidana has become a much better fighter since then. Khan, honestly seems worse.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:23 PM

519 posts, read 507,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
He's going to end up fighting Algieri, who wants to bet $1000?
Close I guess...

CHRIS ALGIERI OFFERED MANNY PACQUIAO SHOWDOWN ON NOVEMBER 22 IN CHINA|| FIGHTHYPE.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
Hahaha.. you're silly bro. Khan was running the last half of the fight and almost got koed. Plus he fought Maidana before he teamed with Garcia.. Maidana had won his last three fights at welterweight. What had Khan done?
Silly is putting it mildly...Clearly he must not have watched the Khan-Maidana fight. Most of the crap dude spews is so ridiculous it's hard to imagine that even he actually believes it.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
Who won the fight? Who got dropped to the canvas with a body shot? Garcia hasn't done anything different with Maidana. He still fights the same. Even Maidana has admitted that himself. He is the first to admit he comes forward and he is right in front of you the whole fight. He will not do anything different in a rematch with Floyd.

Go back and check who Maidana beat in his last three fights at welter, not very impressive. No worries, your boy Floyd will dance to another victory, likely cry to the ref to get points deducted and try to convince the world that he beat a world class fighter.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:43 AM

519 posts, read 507,876 times
Like I said...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or