U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who should Cotto fight next
Golovkin 2 33.33%
Mayweather 0 0%
Canelo 4 66.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 08:56 PM

326 posts, read 457,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
If Canelo beats Lara, (and I mean fair and square, Lara doesn't get jobbed badly like he did against Paul Williams) I will give him all the props in the world. That would be arguably the best win of his entire career so far.

If Canelo gets popped all night, and wins some ridiculous 115-113 decision, which is a real possibility considering the money behind Canelo (and the lack of money behind Lara), it will mean nothing.
Fair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 04:21 PM

9,369 posts, read 18,010,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
If Canelo beats Lara, (and I mean fair and square, Lara doesn't get jobbed badly like he did against Paul Williams) I will give him all the props in the world. That would be arguably the best win of his entire career so far.

If Canelo gets popped all night, and wins some ridiculous 115-113 decision, which is a real possibility considering the money behind Canelo (and the lack of money behind Lara), it will mean nothing.
All true. Lara will have to win impressively considering Canelo is the PPV draw and they are fighting in Texas among a pro Alvarez crowd. I can't see Lara winning by KO/TKO but if he can manage to win the crowds respect with superior movement and speed he has a shot at a scorecard victory. Given the nature of awful decisions and robberies in recent years I think we will see a controversial decision in Canelo's favor. Lara likely gets robbed in this one.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:03 PM

864 posts, read 648,660 times
Personally I see a competitive fight going Canelo's favor. The real score being something like 116-112 Lara, with Canelo getting the fight with the judges 115-113 or even wider.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:18 PM

326 posts, read 457,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
All true. Lara will have to win impressively considering Canelo is the PPV draw and they are fighting in Texas among a pro Alvarez crowd. I can't see Lara winning by KO/TKO but if he can manage to win the crowds respect with superior movement and speed he has a shot at a scorecard victory. Given the nature of awful decisions and robberies in recent years I think we will see a controversial decision in Canelo's favor. Lara likely gets robbed in this one.
It's not in Texas dude it's in Las Vegas.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:52 AM

864 posts, read 648,660 times
Doesn't matter where it's at. Lara can barely fill a 5000 seat venue. Canelo could fill out a 100,000 seat Mexican Bull Ring.

Boxing is all about money and the only way Lara gets the decision is by half-way bludgeoning Canelo to death, otherwise Canelo will get the nod 9 times out of 10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or