Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Crawford - Gamboa FOTY so far?
Yes, it had everything. Back and forth action, knockdowns, and ended without the judges being needed. 4 80.00%
No, I think (name another fight) was better. 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 10:13 PM

864 posts, read 799,435 times

Advertisements

Best fight this year, bar none. Gamboa controlled early, then Crawford switches to southpaw and starts picking off Gamboa with counter check hooks. Gamboa goes down hard!

Crawford begins to control with vicious body shots and counter hooks, then Gamboa hurts Crawford!!!

Crawford is holding on for dear life, stifling Gamboa's aggression.

Then in the final round, Crawford blitzes Gamboa with a counter hook, and knocks him out. If you missed this fight, go catch a replay, this is what boxing is all about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 09:35 AM

326 posts, read 529,146 times
It's a toss-up for for me between this and the Matthsye fight.

I think this one probably takes the cake though.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:36 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Yes, great fight. Crawford looked good. He got off to a slow start but once he figured Gamboa out it was much more competitive. He worked combinations to the head and body, countered, and moved better than Gamboa and gave the crowd a great performance. Gamboa appeared to lack discipline at times and it cost him the fight when he chose to go toe to toe with his face wide open. Both fighters showed a lot of heart.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomlcsc View Post
It's a toss-up for for me between this and the Matthsye fight.

I think this one probably takes the cake though.
Yeah that was a scorcher.

How would Crawford vs Mathysse go?

Old 06-29-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
Yeah that was a scorcher.

How would Crawford vs Mathysse go?
Dude I was thinking the same thing!!!!

Also Crawford vs Garcia is a must this year. Crawford really seems poised to be a breakout star of 2014. First coming to Ricky Burns' hometown and getting the WBO title from him to now this FOY candidate with Gamboa.

Crawford vs. Garcia needs to happen this year.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:15 PM

I keep hearing Garcia is not long for 140 (1 more fight and then jumping to 147), and Crawford is not a for-sure to go to 140 yet. I think Garcia is chasing a Floyd fight and Crawford might be too little reward, too much risk for him at this point in his career.

(I'd love to see it, just don't see boxing politics allowing it)

Old 06-30-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
I keep hearing Garcia is not long for 140 (1 more fight and then jumping to 147), and Crawford is not a for-sure to go to 140 yet. I think Garcia is chasing a Floyd fight and Crawford might be too little reward, too much risk for him at this point in his career.

(I'd love to see it, just don't see boxing politics allowing it)
Plenty of other good fights to be made. Crawford vs. Provodnikov/Alergi would be a good tilt. But really, Crawford vs. Garcia is a natural fight. No politics, the two best fighters of 135 squaring off.

Just hope we don't see too many more Stevenson/Kovalev type meltdowns. Sometimes boxing really does succeed inspite of itself...

Old 07-01-2014, 08:51 AM

Stevenson ran from Kovalev like an Ottoman running from the black plague. Mayweather - Pac. Sometimes boxing is frustrating to be a fan of, until you get a fight like Crawford-Gamboa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing