U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2014, 08:23 PM

162 posts, read 151,832 times

Advertisements

Great article. Sums up some key points that have been discussed as nauseum on this forum. Of course a certain infamous Floydite nuthuggrr will protest and post some empty argument and childish insult, but that's all part of the fanboy mentality when faced with facts.

Floyd Mayweather Jr – Proof that undefeated does not equal great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 12:20 AM

864 posts, read 648,525 times
Mayweather is the product of good match making.

- Beating fat Marquez (before Marquez started roiding all day/night)
- victor ortiz LOL
- Robert Guerrero

I can't believe people paid $60 for these fights, or more if they went to see them in person.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:30 AM

519 posts, read 503,769 times
Wow, tossing insults while trying to lambaste someone else about insults, calling someone out for getting the last word in while simultaneously trying to get the last word in for themselves...Our village idiot is truly on a roll.

It's interesting to see someone fail at something so simple as discerning the difference between "fact" and an opinion piece. I suppose that's the byproduct of the lowbrow mentality of a mindless basher.

Old 06-18-2014, 04:15 PM

9,369 posts, read 18,008,881 times
While the article contains a couple of inaccuracies it is mostly right on the money, pun intended.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:54 AM

864 posts, read 648,525 times
Yup. All you have to ask yourself is this. Has Mayweather ever faced a guy in his entire career where you honestly thought it was a 50/50 fight or that even Mayweather was an underdog?

I haven't. He's a product of great match making. He's a business man, and can sell a fight against Victor Ortiz to his rabid fans at $60 a pop. I respect that.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:59 AM

3,508 posts, read 3,199,065 times
Mayweather is the greatest fighter of his era.

If he were fighting back in the days when there were welterweights named Hearns, Leonard, and Duran he'd have some losses on his record. He'd beat JCC easily while making him look bad doing in doing so, but I think Mayweather gets k.o.'d by Hearns, Leonard and Duran.

I think if he had fought a PRIME Mosley, Sugar Shane would have beaten him as well.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:17 PM

592 posts, read 666,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
Yup. All you have to ask yourself is this. Has Mayweather ever faced a guy in his entire career where you honestly thought it was a 50/50 fight or that even Mayweather was an underdog?

I haven't. He's a product of great match making. He's a business man, and can sell a fight against Victor Ortiz to his rabid fans at $60 a pop. I respect that.
I hoped and really believed corrales would ko him. I thought an undefeated Ricky Hatton would give him some problems...He actually did until Mayweather adjusted. I thought Zab was a good matchup... He presented problems early on. I really hoped Sugar Shane would ko him...didn't happen. Ortiz- eh...Guerrero-eh.. Cotto-good. Canelo-good. Maidana-good

Old 07-19-2014, 03:17 PM

162 posts, read 151,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
I hoped and really believed corrales would ko him. I thought an undefeated Ricky Hatton would give him some problems...He actually did until Mayweather adjusted. I thought Zab was a good matchup... He presented problems early on. I really hoped Sugar Shane would ko him...didn't happen. Ortiz- eh...Guerrero-eh.. Cotto-good. Canelo-good. Maidana-good
Go back and check Coralles record. He didn't beat anyone impressive and Floyd rode the glory of that win for a decade while ducking all the dangerous opponents and building his self promotion dynasty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or