Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 06:56 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times

Advertisements

I don't know what Khan has done in the last 3 years or last 5 fights to justify his claim to be a top challenger to Floyd. In his last five fights, he's been KTFO twice, knocked down in three of the five fights. He last beat Collazo, who is a bum.

He's obviously in decline, desperate for a big payday. To me, he's just another loudmouth, more form than substance. If he wants to fight Floyd, he's going to have to prove that he is worthy IN THE RING. Until he does so, he's undeserving IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 10:51 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I don't know what Khan has done in the last 3 years or last 5 fights to justify his claim to be a top challenger to Floyd. In his last five fights, he's been KTFO twice, knocked down in three of the five fights. He last beat Collazo, who is a bum.

He's obviously in decline, desperate for a big payday. To me, he's just another loudmouth, more form than substance. If he wants to fight Floyd, he's going to have to prove that he is worthy IN THE RING. Until he does so, he's undeserving IMO.
I think the only requirement at this stage to fight Floyd is you have to be an almost guaranteed loss.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:43 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post

What exactly did Alvarez, Guerrero, Maidana accomplish in 3 of their last 5 fights leading up to their fight with Floyd? Who did they beat...let's take a look:

Guerrero:

Berto...who proved to be a brawler who can't close the show

Selcuk Aydin...WTF? Ever hear of him? Didn't think so!

Michael Katsidis...huh?

Vicente Escobedo...crickets.

Joel Casamayor...washed up at this point and a guy who Floyd ducked in his prime.

Alvarez:

Trout...not a bad fighter but hadn't really fought anyone with a name outside of Cotto.

Josesito Lopez...punching bag.

Shane Mosley...completely washed up at this point.

Kermit Cintron...inconsistent with four losses already on his short record.

Alfonso Gomez... C class fighter from The Contender series.

Maidana:

Broner...unproven and overrated.

Josesito Lopez...see Alvarez...human punching bag.

Angel Martinez...had a 13-3-1 record going into this fight...wow, stiff competition!

Soto-Karass...came into the fight with 7 losses and 3 draws...classic brawler with no skill.

Devon Alexander...loss!

So there you have it, the unimpressive records of Floyd's recent opponents. Not to mention Khan already beat Maidana, so if anything Floyd should have fought Khan before taking on Maidana. Of course he did allow his misguided fans to choose his "next opponent" and when they chose Khan he went with Maidana. Still don't understand the mentality of his fans...then again I do, but I'll keep that to myself.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:57 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
I think Mayweather would make a terrible promoter. Even worst than Arum.
Looks like all his contracts would have to be oral:
Hit the books! Power 105 DJs mock Floyd Mayweather Jr. as illiterate - NY Daily News
FM earned >$100 Million last year. So, I guess he cries all the way to the bank.

Old 08-25-2014, 02:48 PM

352 posts, read 324,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhornsfan87 View Post
Can someone tell me why people think this fight would be competitive? Other than speed, Khan has nothing to trouble Floyd with. It would take him two rounds max to adjust to Khan and start timing him.
They're delusional.

That's the only reason to think Khan could beat Mayweather.

Khan has 1 win in his entire career against a 147 pound fighter. That was his last fight against Collazo, and he didn't look very good in the fight. He got slaughtered by Danny Garcia, a guy who struggles with speed fighters, and he also looked bad against Peterson who is nowhere near Mayweather's league. Frankly, I don't know why anyone even wants to watch Khan "fight". He holds, he whines to the ref, he runs and he talks all kinds of trash with nothing to back it up.

If Khan can beat several legitimate and powerful 147 pound fighters, then maybe he can talk about getting PBF in the ring. Until then, he needs to let his fists and chin do the talking.

Old 09-05-2014, 05:57 AM

2 posts, read 2,530 times
Floyd Mayweather JR. is one of the best boxer, so i think that he will win.
Khan is also good, but floyd is legend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing