U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 11:49 PM

592 posts, read 671,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Floyd is also the Jr. Middleweight champion at 154. GGG has offered to come down to that weight to fight him and Floyd was silent on the matter. No surprises there. Doesn't matter though, the general public is catching on to GGG and his fan-friendly style of fighting and winning. A May 2nd match between Cotto and Alvarez will outsell any fight Floyd is willing to make, which will likely be the winner of the Khan/Alexander fight.

I would much rather see him fight Cotto or Ward... Instead of dropping down to 154 and watch him trying to chase Floyd....he's powerful, but seems very slow. And honestly, every fighter calls out Mayweather, because they want the big money fight...so, he'll always be 'ducking' somebody. I would rather see Thurman vs Mayweather... although it won't happen because he's high risk, low reward...just like GGG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2014, 06:45 AM

9,369 posts, read 18,079,129 times
I believe Cotto will beat Alvarez by close decision. This should pave the way for either a match with Golovkin or a rematch with Floyd. I'd rather see him go up against GGG than a rematch with Floyd. Mayweather is now at the stage of his career where he will clinch and run all through the fight. He threw an average of 27 punches per round in his last match, who wants to see that? The problem is, GGG needs to find a way to increase his stock between now and next September so he can become a household name and bring in the PPV buys. He is big with boxing fans, but the casual fan hasn't truly caught on yet. The only guys out there for him to fight between now and then are even more obscure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or