Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 09:19 AM

Location: Central Texas. Wait, I mean South Texas. Actually, both Central and South Texas
317 posts, read 573,733 times

Advertisements

Any thoughts?

I give Marco Antonio Rubio about a 1-3% chance of winning, and about a 8% chance of lasting all 12 rounds. GGG's problem is that no elite fighters want to get in the ring with him because he has such scary power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 08:19 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,410,524 times
I give him less of a chance than you do. Golovkin needs to humiliate and annihilate this dude so the world can make a case for him to fight Cotto. Or, let him come a few pounds and Ward come down a few and give us a superfight.

Triple G gets hit a lot, but that is going to change. Dude has raw skills that I havent seen since a young Roy Jones Junior.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:56 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Golovkin will win this easy. Rubio is tough but he will take too much punishment for his own good. That said, I'm not ready to crown GGG with greatness just yet. He still has a shaky defense and hasn't really faced a very good middleweight yet. Let him defeat a top tier opponent or two such as Cotto or even Alvarez or Chavez Jr at 168. Then we can start speculating on his place in the P4P list.

Old 10-18-2014, 11:21 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,490,456 times
Golovkin put him out of his misery in just 2 rounds.

This guy is totally unbelievable.

Old 10-19-2014, 08:21 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,385,461 times
Goloivkin is legit. Ward wants him. Would be a interesting fight I think. I'd love to see Golovkin mash Money's face in, but that will never happen.

Canelo and Golovkin would also be a fantastic fight. Or as Golovkin called him out, Cotto. All of these would be worth watching.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:01 AM

Location: Central Texas. Wait, I mean South Texas. Actually, both Central and South Texas
317 posts, read 573,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
...I'd love to see Golovkin mash Money's face in, but that will never happen.
A lot of people would like to see that. But you are right when you say that will never happen. FM has been avoiding top fighters in their prime (like GGG) his entire career.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:53 AM

592 posts, read 802,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben1234 View Post
A lot of people would like to see that. But you are right when you say that will never happen. FM has been avoiding top fighters in their prime (like GGG) his entire career.
I don't understand why people want to see GGG vs Floyd...I would much rather see GGG actually fight the top guys at his weight, not drain himself to fight a welterweight. Thurman would be a much better test because he can box and has excellent power.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:31 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,410,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
I don't understand why people want to see GGG vs Floyd...I would much rather see GGG actually fight the top guys at his weight, not drain himself to fight a welterweight..
I totally agree with this. I'd like to see him fight:

Julio Cesar Chavez Junior - mainly because he'd expose junior for the complete talentless hack of a bum that he is. Someone mentioned FMM never fighting people in their primes. This guy (Chavez) is WORSE than that. We all know Chavez would not make weight for this fight. I (#$^#*%^ HATE THIS GUY!!

Canelo Alvarez - this would be a good fight. GGG still wins though.

Miguel Cotto - THIS is the fight I'd be willing to pay for. Would be like a Hagler vs. Hearns or Arguello vs Pryor.

Jermaine Taylor - Although I personally believe Taylor should not be fighting, he DID come back and win a legit middleweight belt. GGG would send him back into permanent retirement in 6 rounds or less. Al Haymon would NEVER allow this fight to happen though.

Andre Ward - GGG needs more seasoning before taking on the #1 P4P in the world. If he fights two of the above fighters, then he'd be ready.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:52 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
I don't understand why people want to see GGG vs Floyd...I would much rather see GGG actually fight the top guys at his weight, not drain himself to fight a welterweight. Thurman would be a much better test because he can box and has excellent power.
Floyd is also the Jr. Middleweight champion at 154. GGG has offered to come down to that weight to fight him and Floyd was silent on the matter. No surprises there. Doesn't matter though, the general public is catching on to GGG and his fan-friendly style of fighting and winning. A May 2nd match between Cotto and Alvarez will outsell any fight Floyd is willing to make, which will likely be the winner of the Khan/Alexander fight.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:03 PM

326 posts, read 529,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
I totally agree with this. I'd like to see him fight:

Julio Cesar Chavez Junior - mainly because he'd expose junior for the complete talentless hack of a bum that he is. Someone mentioned FMM never fighting people in their primes. This guy (Chavez) is WORSE than that. We all know Chavez would not make weight for this fight. I (#$^#*%^ HATE THIS GUY!!

Canelo Alvarez - this would be a good fight. GGG still wins though.

Miguel Cotto - THIS is the fight I'd be willing to pay for. Would be like a Hagler vs. Hearns or Arguello vs Pryor.

Jermaine Taylor - Although I personally believe Taylor should not be fighting, he DID come back and win a legit middleweight belt. GGG would send him back into permanent retirement in 6 rounds or less. Al Haymon would NEVER allow this fight to happen though.

Andre Ward - GGG needs more seasoning before taking on the #1 P4P in the world. If he fights two of the above fighters, then he'd be ready.
I'll take any of these +Carl Froch. I really think Canelo-GGG would be a great fight. ODH already said Canelo would fight GGG in September. Don't know if Cotto would take this fight. Freddie Roach said he wants it for Cotto but we'll see if they do Floyd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing