U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2014, 02:24 PM

2,736 posts, read 3,269,884 times

Advertisements

This may be old news to some boxing fans, but it's news I just came across today.

This is one fight I'd love to watch, especially with all the entertaining pre-fight "trash talk" that will most definitely occur between Garcia's dad and Broner.

Any thoughts or comments?

Boxing News 2014: Adrien Broner Wants Next Fight With Danny Garcia, Marcos Maidana : Sports : Latin Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 09:25 AM

9,369 posts, read 18,016,290 times
It would certainly be a good match-up. The problem is, Garcia has been non-committal in whether or not he stays at 140 or jumps to 147. If Crawford moves up to 140 and Pacquiao down to 140, that spells trouble for Garcia, and he will be backed into a corner with only dangerous opponents to choose from, Broner amongst them. The most likely candidate would be Broner since he is an Al Haymon asset. Garcia seems more interested in keeping his title versus safer opposition right now. He was given a gift against Herrera and fought a way overmatched opponent in Rod Salka. It's time for him to step up, but I'm guessing he may move up to 147 for a rematch with Khan sometime in late 2015. Until then, I don't know who he plans on fighting.

Broner wants a rematch with Maidana, but that would mean Maidana would have to drop down to 140, not sure he will ever fight at that weight again. Perhaps a catch weight at 144 could push the rematch closer to being signed. Either way, any one of these fights would be great fights. Broner has also called out Manny for a fight in 2015 if Pacquiao drops to 140. That could be a good fight, but again, Al Haymon becomes the stumbling block.

Old 12-28-2014, 04:44 PM

326 posts, read 457,464 times
I honestly have my doubts if see any meaningful fights out of Haymon stable fighters in 2015, especially Danny Garcia. Shameful for the unified 140 champ to be taking these showcase fights, on premium cable no less. This has been a pretty lackluster year in boxing all things considered mostly because Haymon has been putting on these Pros vs. Joes cards.

Old 12-28-2014, 06:21 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,543,632 times
Yes, this is a great match-up. Hope it happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing