U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 09:14 PM

1,116 posts, read 602,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
No, it will result in an aggressive Floyd getting countered early on and knocked down, then retreating and taking punishing shots when he's immobile on the ropes.

I'll give Floyd enough credit to say that he manages to survive the distance.

WOW, Jobster ... I believe you just topped Coolhand on the delusion scale...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 08:29 AM

3,276 posts, read 1,503,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
WOW, Jobster ... I believe you just topped Coolhand on the delusion scale...
Floyd could barely beat Maidana.

He needed the REF to beat Maidana the second time. He hugged Maidana like Maidana was his boyfriend.

He clinched before he threw a punch.

First of all, he won't be able to do that with Pacquaio because Pacquaio has tremendous footwork, and explosiveness.

Secondly, Floyd got hit by Guerrero.

I suggest you watch that fight again and see how many times Guerrero was able to counter Floyd.

And Guerrero has very little punching power and is incredibly slow. There is nothing explosive about Guerrero.

Now, for those that never boxed, they don't understand how important a particular type of punching power is. Yes, there are different types of punching power. Pacquaio doesn't have that thudding, blunt punching power. He has whip crack punching power, which is more prone to put someone on their ass and crack someone's bones.

It's explosive punching power. Not only that, but Pacquaio throws it in combinations. But perhaps, the most important aspect of Pacquaio's game is his footwork. You'll be amazed at how rapidly Pac can get to his opponent.

Guerrero is also a southpaw. Assuming Floyd gets the courage to fight Pacquaio, you're going to be in for a major surprise. Brace yourself.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:47 PM

1,116 posts, read 602,533 times

I'd love to know how much dough you'd be willing to bet on your man Pacquiao, Jobster.

You are MASSIVELY overrating his chances against Pretty Boy, in my estimation.

Pacquiao has a lot of mileage on that body now, and I'd only give him a 10 or 15% chance at this point against the fresher, smarter, superior boxer.

Hell, I don't believe Pacquiao could've handled PB six years ago ... let alone now...

Old 02-08-2015, 09:54 PM

9,369 posts, read 18,044,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Floyd could barely beat Maidana.

He needed the REF to beat Maidana the second time. He hugged Maidana like Maidana was his boyfriend.

He clinched before he threw a punch.

First of all, he won't be able to do that with Pacquaio because Pacquaio has tremendous footwork, and explosiveness.

Secondly, Floyd got hit by Guerrero.

I suggest you watch that fight again and see how many times Guerrero was able to counter Floyd.

And Guerrero has very little punching power and is incredibly slow. There is nothing explosive about Guerrero.

Now, for those that never boxed, they don't understand how important a particular type of punching power is. Yes, there are different types of punching power. Pacquaio doesn't have that thudding, blunt punching power. He has whip crack punching power, which is more prone to put someone on their ass and crack someone's bones.

It's explosive punching power. Not only that, but Pacquaio throws it in combinations. But perhaps, the most important aspect of Pacquaio's game is his footwork. You'll be amazed at how rapidly Pac can get to his opponent.

Guerrero is also a southpaw. Assuming Floyd gets the courage to fight Pacquaio, you're going to be in for a major surprise. Brace yourself.
Don't bother trying to talk sense to hopeless fanboys. They are typically fans of one fighter, not the sport. Floyd fights the same plundering Latin brawlers on Mexican holidays, which is great marketing, but not very entertaining. Floyd's entire legacy is hinged on his well protected undefeated record. If he suffers just one loss, he fades into obscurity.

None of this matters since I doubt Floyd will ever fight Pacquiao. He is scrambling for excuses to find a way out while blaming Manny and Arum. Note the recent hidden video footage of him talking to Manny is in his hotel room that was obviously staged and of course edited. This is setting the stage for the great bait and switch that heading our way....Floyd/Cotto II, as if we don't know how that one will end.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:28 AM

6,324 posts, read 6,118,118 times
Floyd always seems to outpunch his opponents. Hate him or not he is quite accurate with his punches. According to the #s below. He threw less punches and yet he connected more. If they go toe-to-toe I can see Manny scoring a KO/TKO. If they box I can see Floyd giving Manny a boxing lesson as he is a better boxer.

Something that I have also noticed is that guys that want to fight Floyd end up leaving Bob Arum to fight him. Now that Manny extended his contract with Bob Arum it seems it will be difficult to see that fight made. Who knows.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:35 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 10,552,880 times
The fight just needs to happen already. But I do think for the longest time Floyd was scared to fight Pacquiao.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:55 PM

9,369 posts, read 18,044,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Floyd always seems to outpunch his opponents. Hate him or not he is quite accurate with his punches. According to the #s below. He threw less punches and yet he connected more. If they go toe-to-toe I can see Manny scoring a KO/TKO. If they box I can see Floyd giving Manny a boxing lesson as he is a better boxer.

Something that I have also noticed is that guys that want to fight Floyd end up leaving Bob Arum to fight him. Now that Manny extended his contract with Bob Arum it seems it will be difficult to see that fight made. Who knows.
I'll tell you this, Floyd better throw way more than 300 punches if he thinks he wants to beat Manny. Floyd's average punch output is about 30 - 35 punches per round. That won't cut it against Pacquiao. Against the slow, lumbering Latin brawlers yes, but not against someone who has speed, footwork and power. Floyd knows be will be forced to fight against Manny and he will need to dig deeper than he ever has. Which is why he is trying to gain every possible advantage he can negotiating this fight.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:27 PM

6,324 posts, read 6,118,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I'll tell you this, Floyd better throw way more than 300 punches if he thinks he wants to beat Manny. Floyd's average punch output is about 30 - 35 punches per round. That won't cut it against Pacquiao. Against the slow, lumbering Latin brawlers yes, but not against someone who has speed, footwork and power. Floyd knows be will be forced to fight against Manny and he will need to dig deeper than he ever has. Which is why he is trying to gain every possible advantage he can negotiating this fight.
Maidana threw more punches than Pac when he fought Bradley.

http://imagizer-cv.imageshack.us/a/img802/3889/m8t9.jpg

So Floyd fighting pressure fighters is nothing new really. He still ends up throwing less and connecting more then his opponents which, like him or not, its quite impressive.

I'll see if I can find other punch stats and do comparisons but Floyd has fought pressure fighters, boxers, brawlers, punchers, speedsters, etc. I somehow think that a long fast jab can be a good weapon against him. I think De La Hoya was doing a good job with the jab on the first couple of rounds.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:05 PM

1,267 posts, read 2,486,459 times
If Floyd can easily beat Manny then why doesn't he fight him already? Last year he was saying how Pac lost 2 of his 3 fights and he didn't. had a title. Now he has won 3 out of his last 3 fights, now has a title...,...soooooo how about now?

If Floyd fights Cotto instead of Manny that is it i lose all respect for him. There is no reason why he wouldn't. Fight him. Both dont have any contract with other fighters so what are you waiting for floyd?

Now he releases a video of talking to Manny in a hotel. Then put rhe whole bideo up then!

Old 02-09-2015, 08:42 PM

3,276 posts, read 1,503,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post

Key word:

MAIDANA.

Conversation over. Pacquaio is not a walking punching bag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or