Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 06:34 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,189,526 times

Advertisements

The man attempted to destroy Pacquaio's reputation and probably cost him millions of dollars in revenue due to the damage he did to his reputation.

On top of that, Floyd will disrespect Pacquaio at every opportunity.

Now Pacquaio, who is reserved, is calling Mayweather out. He called Mayweather a coward, said he agreed to all Mayweather's demands, and said he would easily beat Mayweather.

Also, Les Moonves, the head of CBS and the boss of Showtime said the fight would make millions and the only thing they're waiting on is for Mayweather to sign the fight.

What's wrong with Mayweather?

If Mayweather doesn't sign the fight, he's a coward.

Plain and simple.

It's pathetic. I would gain more respect for the man if he publically announced that he was afraid to fight Pacquaio because he thought he would lose and be humiliated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 11:54 PM

326 posts, read 529,364 times
Everything you said is how I feel about this. Network disputes are secondary at this point if Floyd will just sign on the dotted line.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:15 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
What has Pacman done lately to warrant a shot at the best? I'd rather see the winner of Pacman-Khan fight the winner of Mayweather-Cotto.

All these fighters want a shot at Mayweather, when they don't deserve one. Pacman is still stinging from the effects of getting KTFO by Marquez. He's in decline, desperate for a big payday, with the nerve to ask for a 50-50 split. He's desperate for a fight. He has no chance of beating Floyd, but it's the big payday he's after, one that he can still get because of his reputation. He's capitalizing on the hatred for Floyd, by playing the good guy. Khan also hasn't done a damn thing lately to warrant a shot, but he too runs his mouth. He and Pacman need to come together, prove themselves.

Pacman had a shot to fight Floyd a few years back when he was close to his prime. He demanded a 50-50 split, insulting the undefeated Floyd. Floyd said, to hell with him, and I agree.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 01-22-2015 at 03:25 AM..

Old 01-22-2015, 03:07 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,189,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
What has Pacman done lately to warrant a shot at the best? I'd rather see the winner of Pacman-Khan fight the winner of Mayweather-Cotto.

All these fighters want a shot at Mayweather, when they don't deserve one. Pacman is still stinging from the effects of getting KTFO by Marquez. He's in decline, desperate for a big payday, with the nerve to ask for a 50-50 split. He's desperate for a fight. He has no chance of beating Floyd, but it's the big payday he's after, one that he can still get because of his reputation. He's capitalizing on the hatred for Floyd, by playing the good guy. Khan also hasn't done a damn thing lately to warrant a shot, but he too runs his mouth. He and Pacman need to come together, prove themselves.

Pacman had a shot to fight Floyd a few years back when he was close to his prime. He demanded a 50-50 split, insulting the undefeated Floyd. Floyd said, to hell with him, and I agree.
I don't know where you got your information, but Pacquaio agreed to all of Mayweather's demands. Pacquiao is not asking for 50-50. This a contract that Mayweather gave to Pacquaio to sign. Pacquaio agreed to his demands and signed it. This is not complicated.

Mayweather said he wants to fight Manny Pacquaio. Why should Mayweather fight Cotto, a guy that both Pacquaio and Mayweather already beat?

Besides, that would make Floyd's latest excuse about how Arum is the reason he doesn't want to fight Pacquaio to be false, since Cotto gets promoted by Arum too.

Real boxing fans want to see the fight. We've wanted the fight for years.

Maybe you're not a boxing fan, but I think most boxing fans can relate to what I'm saying. Even casual fans want this fights.

You must be one of the only people in America that doesn't want this fight.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:25 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post

What did Guerrero, Ortiz, Alvarez and Maidana have to do to get their shots at Floyd? Take a look at each of their last three opponents leading up a fight with Floyd. It's a joke. None of those fighters are in Manny's league, yet Floyd chooses to fight the same one-dimensional fighter over and over again. There is reason he is considered a cherry-picker and a ducker, and it's plain to see on his record.

Pacquiao doesn't have "Marquez Issues", just like Ortiz didn't have "Maidana" isses when Floyd agreed to fight him. Floyd is giving us the old smoke and mirrors routine again. He puts on a phony interview with Steve Farhood calling out Manny only because his back is against the way trying to keep the May 2nd date when Alvarez announced he was taking it back. Floyd has used Manny's name for publicity so he can really fight a rematch with Cotto for his 160 title, likely at a catch weight. He also hired Alex Ariza to be his puppet and try and discredit Arum and Manny, as if Ariza has any credibility whatsoever.

Floyd has been ducking Manny for five years and has come up with a half dozen excuses to continue avoiding him. It will be Floyd/Cotto II on May 2nd, and he won't be sniffing one million PPV buys.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:29 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
I liked Floyd, but I really think he's afraid of losing to him. Pretty soon they'll be too old anyways and it won't matter.

Old 01-23-2015, 02:57 PM

894 posts, read 1,050,565 times
I agree. Floyd talks a lot of sh*t, but when it comes time to hammer out details and sign on the dotted line he finds a million excuses to back away.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
I don't know where you got your information, but Pacquaio agreed to all of Mayweather's demands. Pacquiao is not asking for 50-50. This a contract that Mayweather gave to Pacquaio to sign. Pacquaio agreed to his demands and signed it. This is not complicated.

Mayweather said he wants to fight Manny Pacquaio. Why should Mayweather fight Cotto, a guy that both Pacquaio and Mayweather already beat?

Besides, that would make Floyd's latest excuse about how Arum is the reason he doesn't want to fight Pacquaio to be false, since Cotto gets promoted by Arum too.

Real boxing fans want to see the fight. We've wanted the fight for years.

Maybe you're not a boxing fan, but I think most boxing fans can relate to what I'm saying. Even casual fans want this fights.

You must be one of the only people in America that doesn't want this fight.
I suggest you do a history of my contributions to this forum to determine whether or not I'm a "Boxing fan."

If Floyd gave Pacman a contract to sign and the fight has been sealed yet, obviously there's something else going on behind the scenes that is preventing this fight from happening. I choose NOT to assume that Floyd is running away from Pacman. This is a ridiculous.

If this fight doesn't happen, count me among those who won't penalize only Floyd. Sick of people running their mouths about how Floyd is ducking Pacman, this and that, without the slightest clue what is happening behind the scenes to prevent these two from getting together.

I've been a long time student of this sport, longer than you have probably been alive. If they do come together, it will be anticlimactic. Floyd is too good for Pacman. Always has been.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 01-24-2015 at 10:59 AM..

Old 01-24-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
What did Guerrero, Ortiz, Alvarez and Maidana have to do to get their shots at Floyd? Take a look at each of their last three opponents leading up a fight with Floyd. It's a joke. None of those fighters are in Manny's league, yet Floyd chooses to fight the same one-dimensional fighter over and over again. There is reason he is considered a cherry-picker and a ducker, and it's plain to see on his record.

Pacquiao doesn't have "Marquez Issues", just like Ortiz didn't have "Maidana" isses when Floyd agreed to fight him. Floyd is giving us the old smoke and mirrors routine again. He puts on a phony interview with Steve Farhood calling out Manny only because his back is against the way trying to keep the May 2nd date when Alvarez announced he was taking it back. Floyd has used Manny's name for publicity so he can really fight a rematch with Cotto for his 160 title, likely at a catch weight. He also hired Alex Ariza to be his puppet and try and discredit Arum and Manny, as if Ariza has any credibility whatsoever.

Floyd has been ducking Manny for five years and has come up with a half dozen excuses to continue avoiding him. It will be Floyd/Cotto II on May 2nd, and he won't be sniffing one million PPV buys.
We disagree. Such is life. I can't say that Guerrero, Ortiz, Alvarez and Maidana are not in Manny's league. Neither can you. He never fought any of them. I say that Manny is in decline and hasn't proven that he deserves a shot at the best, and make no mistake about it, Floyd Mayweather is one of the best ever. Doesn't bother me in the least that you disagree.

You say Floyd has been ducking Manny, and I say that unless you are intricately familiar with the negotiations, which you're not, you can't make that conclusion. It's not based on the facts, which renders it meaningless to me.

Floyd chooses the one-dimen. fighter, using Manny's name for publicity, ducking Manny for five years, PPV buys, this and that...pure woo.

Old 01-24-2015, 05:44 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,705 times
Win or lose, The Selfless and Humble will always triumph over the selfish and boisterous. But of course, that is only my personal conviction.

Be it from poverty or affluence, a DETERMINED man nascent from Society's Extremes will at some point gain the upper hand . . . should she/he chose to.

My personal philosophy aside, I've personally grown weary of Money Mayweather's predictable outcomes. Just look at his last 10 or 11 fights. "And the Winner by Decision . . . Floyd Moneyyyyyyy Mayweatherrrr!"

It's like watching the repeat of a much "weathered" movie; a movie whose outcome we know and have seen over and over again; a movie I no longer wish to see or pay for.

Conversely, Pacquio is a Fighter/Boxer who seemingly tends to exposes His All for the sake of the game and all that which follows.

Right or wrong, he fights for his fans, his country, his religious beliefs. He lays it all out regardless of whether he wins, ties or loses. Manny seems not concerned about a record peppered by a few losses. And how great of an example to see a person demonstrate that a "loss" is something to learn and recover from. It's an opportunity to show others that, despite a loss, a downfall, a failure, you CAN bounced back from to corrected what we failed to do right.

On the other hand, Mayweather seems overtly preoccupied with maintaining his Zero Loss record intact, even if the wins are the result of lack-luster fights against sub-par opponents.

Let's hope and pray this one happens soon.

: )

Last edited by chacho_keva; 01-24-2015 at 06:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing