U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 07:29 PM

2,869 posts, read 2,829,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
I want to touch on the racism and bigotry in this thread. If you strip the skin off of Mayweather and Pacquiao what do you have? Their bahaviors, attitudes, personalities, relationships and their words. You have different types of sports fans, those who root for the underdog, bangwagon riders, those who pick sides based who is competiting. If Pacquiao was black but had the same personality and friendliness he has now, the fans who are rooting for him in this fight would still root for Pacquiao. Pacquiao represents the poor, most of the world IS poor. He represents Christianity a very huge religious group. The idea that all black people should cheer for Mayweather because he is black is really interesting. I can totally understand why many white boxing fans would cheer for Pacquiao. Im not going to talk about the trouble Mayweather has gotten into. I will say many of his interviews have rubbed me the wrong way. Its one thing to be good at your profession, its another to be an aszhole or a jerk. This opinion could be subjective depending on who you ask. I see the "hey white guys your boy lost what now" post, but my question is what about the non white Pacquiao fans? What diss do you have for us? Is the attack on white fans based on all the Cops killing black boys in the news? Im curious to see why the race of Pacquiao fans is in question? PEACE
Eh, did it ever occur to you that blacks can make it about race?

Bernard Hopkins - "I will NEVER LET A WHITE BOY BEAT ME":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NowwnTx0cU

Noooooooooowwwww, if Golota or Kessler or Calzaghe or Klitschko had ever said "I will never let a black boy beat me" we'd have gotten the same (DEAFENING) reaction, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 05:21 PM

2,535 posts, read 2,025,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Eh, did it ever occur to you that blacks can make it about race?

Bernard Hopkins - "I will NEVER LET A WHITE BOY BEAT ME":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NowwnTx0cU

Noooooooooowwwww, if Golota or Kessler or Calzaghe or Klitschko had ever said "I will never let a black boy beat me" we'd have gotten the same (DEAFENING) reaction, right?
It's the downside of white privilege. You get 99% of what you want, but have to take some verbal crap. 1st world, white male problems. Probably won't get much sympathy.

A Latino or Asian fighter talking smack about a white fighter would cause NO CONTROVERSY as well. It's not just a black thing...not sure why blacks are always used in these comparisons.

Floyd isn't likeable. If people liked him and hated Pacquiao, no one would care about fighting styles. Floyd would be praised and he'd be on Good Morning America showing his bobbing & weaving techniques.

Race is a small part of the equation, but it is most definitely a factor. A cocky, arrogant black man that has lots of money and answers to no one, creates cognitive dissonance in America. Fans love to pile on NFL and NBA players that get suspended or fined for saying/doing dumb crap. (White) fans in particular love to see (white) owners and (white) commissioners put the swagger-filled black athlete in his place.

Floyd is a jack***, not much different than most famous athletes. The difference is that he can't really be controlled and put in his place the way most black athletes are. It makes white America cringe because he challenges the social order. Black millionaires always lose to white billionaires and most white Americans see that as OK and normal, even if they don't like either side. Oddly, most whites side with and identify with the largely white establishment of coaches, owners, GM's and scouts. Floyd calls the shots and runs the show. If he was a "nice guy," there'd be much less hate, but he'd also be ignored by all the people that criticize him.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:27 PM

2,869 posts, read 2,829,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
It's the downside of white privilege. You get 99% of what you want, but have to take some verbal crap. 1st world, white male problems. Probably won't get much sympathy.

A Latino or Asian fighter talking smack about a white fighter would cause NO CONTROVERSY as well. It's not just a black thing...not sure why blacks are always used in these comparisons.

Floyd isn't likeable. If people liked him and hated Pacquiao, no one would care about fighting styles. Floyd would be praised and he'd be on Good Morning America showing his bobbing & weaving techniques.

Race is a small part of the equation, but it is most definitely a factor. A cocky, arrogant black man that has lots of money and answers to no one, creates cognitive dissonance in America. Fans love to pile on NFL and NBA players that get suspended or fined for saying/doing dumb crap. (White) fans in particular love to see (white) owners and (white) commissioners put the swagger-filled black athlete in his place.

Floyd is a jack***, not much different than most famous athletes. The difference is that he can't really be controlled and put in his place the way most black athletes are. It makes white America cringe because he challenges the social order. Black millionaires always lose to white billionaires and most white Americans see that as OK and normal, even if they don't like either side. Oddly, most whites side with and identify with the largely white establishment of coaches, owners, GM's and scouts. Floyd calls the shots and runs the show. If he was a "nice guy," there'd be much less hate, but he'd also be ignored by all the people that criticize him.
**** off.

You don't know ****.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:04 PM

9,369 posts, read 18,012,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post

What a load of nonsense. No one likes an arrogant, classless white athlete anymore than an arrogant black one. Johnny Manzel is a douche who no one likes, Jeremy Shockey was the scorn of Giants fans, most everyone can't stand Ritchie Incognito. Look what happened to very wealthy and popular celebrities such as Mel Gibson and Alec Baldwin, shunned by whites and their popularity has plummeted.

You just want to make excuses for the poor behavior of arrogant blacks such as Floyd, Broner, and Hopkins. There have been plenty of cocky and confident black boxers who white fans respected such as Ray Leonard, Ali, Toney, Jones Jr, etc. Floyd is a lowlife scumbag, but people like him and fans of his such as yourself need excuses to be knuckle dragging missing links.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:52 PM

765 posts, read 771,426 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucXbon1w8mk

Old 05-08-2015, 03:47 PM

28,258 posts, read 26,231,676 times
LOL.

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/NP0...XING-WORLD.JPG

Old 05-10-2015, 04:06 PM

5 posts, read 3,861 times
The fight was fixed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or