Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 11:27 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Here come the crying, complaining, and excuses begin. I think this was a lose lose fight for Mayweather to take. If he lost, everyone would claim that he was a fraud, but if he won, everyone would make excuses about why he didn't deserve too. Manny knew, heck everyone knew, how Floyd fights. Even while knowing that, we were told that Floyd was scared, was a cherry picking fraud, and Manny would knock him out...

Manny and, the trainer of the decade, Freddie both knew what to expect, saw blueprints from other fights where some had a little bit of success against Mayweather, and it was Manny and his trainer's job to overcome this. Cut off the ring. Be aggressive. TKO Floyd... He failed to do so like so many other fighters have in the past.
Yup. I'm quite surprised by what Manny did tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 11:39 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,320 times
Based on the comments from other websites, it's clear that most people don't know anything about boxing. The point of boxing is to HIT AND AVOID GETTING HIT. Most westerners think you should just go in guns blazing and fire crap-loads of punches and eat left hooks for breakfast.

Floyd landed far more power punches and 60+ punches more overall while throwing about the same number of shots. He's a defensive wizard.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:40 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
it was a boring fight and not worth the $100 ppv..........I thought the fight was a lot closer than the judges and the tv announcers had who were riding Mayweathr's jock since round 1.

I expected Mayweather to fight for 12 full rounds for the money he is getting paid by the fans instead of running especially in the 12th round.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:41 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,986,231 times
Character flaws aside, I've never understood the hate people have for Mayweather. He has never had overwhelming power and wasn't a knockout bruiser. Finesse has always been his game. He always did what he had to do to win. I guess people just want to see boring 15 second Mike Tyson fights.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:41 PM

564 posts, read 747,165 times
I admit I don't know a lot about boxing even though I do like it and appreciate a good fight and this was the first time I watched Mayweather fight and what it seemed to me was that he was fighting not to lose and to just score a few points here and there while Pacquiao was fighting to win. Mayweather is so fast, great reflexes and extremely technical and he wasn't in danger at any moment, but I don't really care to watch another of his fights but I'd happily watch another Pacquiao fight.

I don't know how boxing is scored but in mma you get points for aggressiveness, I'm assuming that doesn't matter in boxing, does it?

Old 05-02-2015, 11:42 PM

782 posts, read 1,087,073 times
Mayweather spent most of the fight being backed into a corner. This action from a fighter with a 5 inch reach advantage???? Really? Mayweather lost IMHO.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
Based on the comments from other websites, it's clear that most people don't know anything about boxing. The point of boxing is to HIT AND AVOID GETTING HIT. Most westerners think you should just go in guns blazing and fire crap-loads of punches and eat left hooks for breakfast.

Floyd landed far more power punches and 60+ punches more overall while throwing about the same number of shots. He's a defensive wizard.

and he is a boring fighter and not loved by the fans. When he retires NOBODY will miss him.

you expect when the fans gives him the biggest pay check in boxing history for Floyd to fight 12 full rounds, instead he was running and picking his spots.....if you call that the greatest ever then you don't know much about boxing and the greats.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:44 PM

564 posts, read 747,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I guess people just want to see boring 15 second Mike Tyson fights.
I disagree, those 15 second fights were extremely exciting.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:46 PM

this was a disgrace for boxing.....too much hype for a boring fight.

you got a fighter that is not loved by the fans because he flaunts his money and is a boring fighter that likes to run when the fans pays him the biggest payday in boxing history.

12th round is when he supposed to give the fans a show and close the show....what does Floyd does? RUNS!

Old 05-02-2015, 11:48 PM

nobody is going to miss Floyd when he retires.....that's how much he is dislike and how boring he boxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing