Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 09:28 PM
JL JL started this thread

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times

Advertisements

Ricky Hatton tells incredible story about Floyd Mayweather in a private plane | Sun Times National

Former two-weight world champion, Ricky Hatton has provided the public with plenty of insightful stories about his days both inside and outside the ring.

In an extract from his book, Hatton made his distain for the “d*ckhead” Floyd Mayweather very clear.

But he also told an extremely entertaining tale which really sums up Mayweather’s extraordinary egotism.

Prior to their 2007 fight against one another, ‘The Hitman’ was traveling by private plane to New York for a promotion event. He soon became aware that Floyd, who was traveling in a separate plane, was ordering his pilot to overtake the English fighter mid-air.

A few minutes into the the journey, we’re chatting away, having a drink when the pilot gestures to me to come forward. ‘Hey Ricky, listen to this idiot.’

He turns on the speaker and over the radio I hear Floyd arguing with the pilot of his plane behind: “I’m not letting that motherf*cker get there before me, f*cking overtake them!”

“We can’t do that, Sir.”

“Overtake that motherf*cker – I’m the champ! I’ve got to get to New York first. I’ll pay whatever you want.”

Hatton summed up his opinion of Mayweather in one classic line.

What’s the point of being the world’s best fighter if everyone thinks you’re a ********?

I’m sure Manny Pacquaio would agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 08:52 AM

469 posts, read 576,986 times
He's right, he is a d*ck. I don't think you'll find many people who disagree with that. That being said, he's better at his craft then anyone he's ever faced including Hatton and Pacquiao.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:17 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtraveler View Post
He's right, he is a d*ck. I don't think you'll find many people who disagree with that. That being said, he's better at his craft then anyone he's ever faced including Hatton and Pacquiao.
END of Thread Quote!
Say what you want about Money Fairweather, but the dude can Box!

Old 05-14-2015, 10:28 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
END of Thread Quote!
Say what you want about Money Fairweather, but the dude can Box!
Hahahaha! Exactly. A villain or not he outboxed and outpunched Manny. It is what it is. After Pacquiao was taken to school and looked like an amateur throwing punches to the air you have all these Pac Fanboys coming up with all these stories which I wonder if they are true or just butthurt fanboys making up stories as they just can't take the loss. "Floyd is such a bad person...Floyd flashes his money, how egotistical...I heard a story of Floyd being rude with Ricky Hatton...". All these excuses and made up stories just make Pacquiao fans look immature, silly, and just funny.

Keep bringing on the stories and excuses. It makes it fun/entertaining while we wait for another big fight .

Last edited by onihC; 05-14-2015 at 10:48 AM..

Old 05-14-2015, 10:44 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Hahahaha! Exactly. A villain or not he outboxed and outpunched Manny. It is what it is. After Pacquiao was taken to school and looked like an amateur throwing punches to the air you have all these Pac Fanboys coming up with all these stories which I wonder if they are true or just butthurt fanboys that just can't take the loss. "Floyd is such a bad person...Floyd flashes his money, how egotistical...I heard a story of Floyd being rude with Ricky Hatton...". All these excuses and made up stories just make Pacquiao fans look immature, silly, and just funny.

Keep bringing on the stories and excuses. It makes it fun/entertaining while we wait for another big fight .
Excatly!
It just shows where race relations are in this country. You had Americans rooting for a foreigner
How patriotic is that

Old 05-14-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Excatly!
It just shows where race relations are in this country. You had Americans rooting for a foreigner
How patriotic is that
Floyd sold his villain image quite well to the point of having his own people boo him when he entered the ring. If Floyd portrayed a nice guy image I can imagine people wouldn't try to find excuses to Pac loosing or make up stories to make him look bad after his victory and so on.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:57 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,887,848 times
Quote:
Excatly!
How patriotic is that
I think race does play a part in it. I seen something a few days ago and it was saying how certain words have trended on Twitter during and after the fight (which means alot of people were twitting with certain words in it). The word "Nig*er" was one of them. I'm black btw but it's sad. The word spiked up so high on Twitter during the fight and after the decision, the graph was unbelievable. Bunch of cowards.

Old 05-15-2015, 04:45 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
All the nuthuggers are piling into the thread to defend him once again. No surprises there. Fact is he is a POS, no matter how successful he is.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
All the nuthuggers are piling into the thread to defend him once again. No surprises there. Fact is he is a POS, no matter how successful he is.
Nope. Some of us have said that yes he might not appear to be a great guy flashing his money and what not but only Pac Fanboys will deny his talents in the ring and will continue to make up stories, bring old stories back, etc. to make him look bad for winning. It's like "yes he won but...he's a bad person" hahaha really? Just take the lose and move on. I took the loss when other boxers I root for got beaten. So what? It's sports. You win some, you lose some.

Floyd came to the ring with his fight plan. Paquiao came to the ring with his fight plan. Floyd's plan was superior. Floyd beat Pac. Period.

Old 05-15-2015, 11:26 PM
JL JL started this thread

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times
I don't like the guy, but I just thought the story was pretty cool....the guy is so competitive whether we like him or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing