Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 07:00 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,187,634 times

Advertisements

Floyd Mayweather took WADA-banned IV before Manny Pacquiao fight, according to report

This is crazy!

The whole time, Mayweather was presenting this façade that he was trying to clean up the sport, when he was taking drugs the whole time!

Here is the story that BROKE the NEWS!!!!

Can Boxing Trust USADA? - SBNation.com

"Under WADA standards, a testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio of up to 4-to-1 is acceptable. That allows for any reasonable variation in an athlete’s natural testosterone level (which, for an elite athlete, might be particularly high). If the ratio is above 4-to-1, an athlete is presumed to be doping.

Some athletes who use exogenous testosterone game the system by administering exogenous epitestosterone to drive their testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio down beneath the permitted ceiling. This can be done by injection or by the application of epitestosterone as a cream. In the absence of a CIR test, this masks the use of synthetic testosterone.

But there’s a catch. If an athlete tries to manipulate his or her testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio, it is difficult to balance the outcome. If an athlete uses too much epitestosterone - and the precise amount is difficult to calibrate - the result can be an abnormally low T-E ratio."

And this is where it gets especially interesting:

"Mayweather’s testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio for the April 3, 2013, sample was 0.80. His testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio for the Aug. 18, 2011, sample was 0.69."

DAMN!!!!!

Mayweather accused all these other guys of juicing, but it was HIM and his TMT members that have been getting busted for PEDs left and RIGHT!!!!

LOL!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 12:16 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times
Old news man. This has been cleared out already.

USADA Statement on Inaccurate Pro Boxing News Reports

It's a bit silly that Floyd haters continue to look for ways to discredit his victory over Pacquiao and anybody else. Yet, Pacquiao supporters did not say a single thing about all the contradicting excuses Pacquiao, his team, and promoter came up with to not take the random blood tests: "I am afraid of needles...I am superstitious...Blood weakens me...A nurse might do it wrong and hurt my arm...my religion is against it..."

Move on. Pacquiao lost and this time he can't blame the loss on his socks. He already used that excuse.

Old 09-16-2015, 02:02 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
A statement by Floyd or USADA doesn't clear anything. Nor is this old news unless you consider the fact that he has likely been receiving illegal IVs for more of his bouts. Interesting how he accused other fighters of breaking rules but clearly he is above the rules in his own mind. Wonder what those IVs were masking in his system.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post

It's a bit silly that Floyd haters continue to look for ways to discredit his victory over Pacquiao and anybody else. Yet, Pacquiao supporters did not say a single thing about all the contradicting excuses Pacquiao, his team, and promoter came up with to not take the random blood tests: "I am afraid of needles...I am superstitious...Blood weakens me...A nurse might do it wrong and hurt my arm...my religion is against it..."

Move on. Pacquiao lost and this time he can't blame the loss on his socks. He already used that excuse.
What does Pacquaio have to do with Mayweather cheating?

Mayweather broke the rules, plain and simple.

Why Mayweather had the testosterone of an old man and not a great athlete? I think the writing is on the wall.

Mayweather was clearly taking TRT and hiding the evidence with a cream.

What does Pacquaio have to do with that????

Mayweather's entire career should have an asterisk next to it now that there is PROOF that he was cheating.

If you read the article, and more importantly looked at the DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE, you will see that Mayweather cheated against various opponents, and not just Pacquaio.

Get your Pacquaio hatred out of this thread.

Old 09-16-2015, 05:43 PM

By the way, here is the response to USDA by the writer of the original article.

Thomas Hauser issues statement with regard to USADA comments - Ring TV

WOW!!!

The evidence is piling up on Mayweather. This entire time, he was a STERIOD CHEAT!!!

That's CRAZY!!!!

It's a brilliant plan actually!!! He makes everyone go on a witch hunt, when all they had to do was pull back the curtain and find the PED cheat HIMSELF!!!!

Old 09-17-2015, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
A statement by Floyd or USADA doesn't clear anything. Nor is this old news unless you consider the fact that he has likely been receiving illegal IVs for more of his bouts.
Nope. It was saline and multi-vitamins to rehydrate, that's all. He already received an exemption. If it is later proved that he took steroids indeed then how bad is that. He was granted a Therapeutic Use Exemption by the USADA. But keep trying to discredit his victories.

Quote:
Interesting how he accused other fighters of breaking rules but clearly he is above the rules in his own mind. Wonder what those IVs were masking in his system.
What's interesting is how nobody questioned Manny when he refused over and over to get his blood tested randomly with contradicting excuses such as "I am afraid of needles...blood weakens me...a nurse might hurt my arm in the process...its against my religion...". Nobody said anything about that, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
What does Pacquaio have to do with Mayweather cheating?
Because the article came up after that fight. Not sure how an IV of multivitamins made Pacquiao miss all night.

Quote:
Mayweather's entire career should have an asterisk next to it now that there is PROOF that he was cheating.
Put an asterisk to Pacquiao's wins. How can you explain all his contradicting excuses refusing to take random blood tests. Then when he started to be tested more strictly all of a sudden he stopped KOing guys as he did before. Makes you wonder.

Quote:
Get your Pacquaio hatred out of this thread.
Get your Floyd hatred out of this thread.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:30 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Quote:
Nope. It was saline and multi-vitamins to rehydrate, that's all. He already received an exemption. If it is later proved that he took steroids indeed then how bad is that. He was granted a Therapeutic Use Exemption by the USADA. But keep trying to discredit his victories.

What's interesting is how nobody questioned Manny when he refused over and over to get his blood tested randomly with contradicting excuses such as "I am afraid of needles...blood weakens me...a nurse might hurt my arm in the process...its against my religion...". Nobody said anything about that, huh?

Because the article came up after that fight. Not sure how an IV of multivitamins made Pacquiao miss all night.

Put an asterisk to Pacquiao's wins. How can you explain all his contradicting excuses refusing to take random blood tests. Then when he started to be tested more strictly all of a sudden he stopped KOing guys as he did before. Makes you wonder.

Get your Floyd hatred out of this thread.
You are so blinded by your bias and need to get the last word that you cannot be reasoned with. You did not read the entire article, or you are incapable of comprehending facts, either way, there are undisputable facts that have been raised and only the most diehard Mayweather cheerleaders can ignore them.

It seems to me that USADA failed to follow their own rules in this instance. You can read them here.

It states right on USADA’s official website: “In accordance with the WADA Prohibited List (Category M2 Chemical and Physical Manipulation), all IV infusions and/or injections of more than 50mL (~3.4 tablespoons) per 6-hour period are prohibited, except for those legitimately received in the course of hospital admissions, surgical procedures or clinical investigations.”

Here is an excellent observation noted by another long time, reputable boxing journalist for Ring Magazine, dispute it all you want:

Was Mayweather so dehydrated that he should have gone to the hospital instead of his home, where he reportedly received the two IV infusions, both inside of a six-hour period – that totaled 750 ml?

Was an IV really necessary? Most hospitals won’t even consider IV fluid replacement unless the dehydration is severe (meaning the patient is totally out of it, suffering from nausea and vomiting). They go with oral fluid replacement (usually an electrolyte/carbohydrate mix, along with good-ole-fashioned water) unless the dehydrated individual appears like they’re about to drop dead. (And even then, those don’t administer as much fluid in as short a time as Floyd took in.)

Was Mayweather – who weighed 150.5 pounds 30 days out from the Manny Pacquiao weigh-in – that f__ked up after making 146 pounds? Be sure to listen to his post-fight interview with Showtime’s Jim Gray, who asks him “What would you like to have to eat that you’ve been denying yourself now for these past couple of decades?”

Mayweather, who had just stepped off the scale, replies: “It has always been easy for me to make the 147-pound weight.” So what happened between the weigh-in and his home-IV infusion? So why the hell would Mayweather be working out like a crazy person the week of the fight? Perhaps the day before the weigh-in? He’s been boxing his entire life. He knows better than that!

WADA has justified the inclusion of IV infusions on the Prohibited List given the intent of some athletes to manipulate their plasma volume levels in order to mask the use of a prohibited substance and/or to distort the values in the Athlete Biological Passport. Further, it must be clearly stated that the use of IV fluid replacement following exercise to correct mild rehydration or help speed recovery is not clinically indicated nor substantiated by the medical literature. There is a well-established body of scientific opinion to confirm that oral rehydration is the preferred therapeutic choice. Legitimate medical indications for IV infusions are well documented and are most commonly associated with medical emergencies (emergency TUE), in-patient care, surgery, or clinical investigations for diagnostic purposes.”

What I just reprinted here is posted on USADA’s website for the benefit/education of athletes, which begs the question: Why did they grant Mayweather that after-the-fact therapeudic use exemption (TUE) for the IV? Was it really a medical emergency? I find that very hard to believe. If that makes me a hater, so be it.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:25 AM

It is your article against mine pretty much. Mine came from the USADA and yours came from The Ring magazine. Doesn't Oscar De La Hoya own that magazine, someone who dislikes Floyd and has made it clear.

Blinded by bias? Hey, I have admitted Floyd's faults before on other issues. It is you who doesn't even reply when I mention faults or shady things about your guy Manny Pacquiao. The same way you ignored my reply about the guy's Floyd faced on their prime.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:44 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Quote:

I agree. I'm sick to death of all these Floyd haters, and their ridiculous criticism of every move he makes. Pacman was NEVER a match for Floyd...

Old 09-23-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I agree. I'm sick to death of all these Floyd haters, and their ridiculous criticism of every move he makes. Pacman was NEVER a match for Floyd...
You have got to be kidding me.

Who is hating Floyd???

I could go back in your post history and show posts that clearly show your disdain of Pacquaio and indicating that he's s drug user, despite their being no evidence to substantiate that claim.

Now you have Floyd who clearly violated the rules, and his T to E ratio was in the range of a 92 year old man.

That's a CLEAR indication that Mayweather was using Testosterone and attempting to hide it. He didn't only do this against Pacquaio, he's done this in several fights.

The REAL LIFE evidence is available that CLEARLY show his ratios.

It appears that YOU are the HATER of Pac, not the other way around. Floyd might be great, but he is undeniably a drug cheater that violated the rules. He should have an asterisk next to his name because he cheated. Also, the Pac vs May fight should be ruled a no contest since he broke the rules.

And I'm the hater???

LOL. If I'm a hater, you're a clown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing