Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 07:48 AM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelySummer2020 View Post
It will take a lot more than 3 years of training. Most professional, very good boxers, have been training ever since they were children or young teens.

McGregor should simply return to the world of MMA fighting and humble himself. He should also meet with a financial adviser ASAP and cut his spending, before he ends up broke. Lastly, he should lay off of the alcohol, otherwise his MMA career will be over very soon.
Right on all accounts. We're going to see a lot of sad-sack, rock-bottom stories about him within ten years, if not five.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 08:22 AM

264 posts, read 238,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Right on all accounts. We're going to see a lot of sad-sack, rock-bottom stories about him within ten years, if not five.
At the end of the day, he made out like a bandit. There are many professional boxers, who will never see the type of money that he earned in one night.

It doesn't have to end badly, but he's in need of serious intervention and solid mentorship, from people who really have his best interest at heart. The problem is, his money will attract lots of vultures who will only be interested in using him, and many of those people will be in his own family.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:39 AM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Quote:
At the end of the day, he made out like a bandit. There are many professional boxers, who will never see the type of money that he earned in one night.

It doesn't have to end badly, but he's in need of serious intervention and solid mentorship, from people who really have his best interest at heart. The problem is, his money will attract lots of vultures who will only be interested in using him, and many of those people will be in his own family.
He seems to be sticking with those he's known from the beginning, but you're right about his finances. He needs to invest more and spend less, or else he's going to end up like Tyson.

Old 08-29-2017, 01:46 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
I think McGregor should try to break UFC's monopoly on MMA. I'd take the $100 million and focus on getting out from under Dana White's thumb.

Old 08-29-2017, 01:54 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
nowhere to go but up, WWE is next

Old 08-29-2017, 09:44 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,797,066 times
Quote:
It will take a lot more than 3 years of training. Most professional, very good boxers, have been training ever since they were children or young teens.

McGregor should simply return to the world of MMA fighting and humble himself. He should also meet with a financial adviser ASAP and cut his spending, before he ends up broke. Lastly, he should lay off of the alcohol, otherwise his MMA career will be over very soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I really don't see him throwing it all away. Conor has business man and entrepreneurial street smarts he strategizes with Dana to make the most money for himself and the UFC. They used to hang out together back when no one even knew who McGregor was, Dana has been all over his jock for years.

If he can make enough money I can totally see him bringing back something like Pride to compete with the UFC. There will come a day when he tells Dana to go to hell.

Old 08-30-2017, 06:53 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,410,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
What's next for McGregor?.
My guess is that the brass at the UFC will convince him never to return to boxing. If he steps into the ring with a GGG, Canelo, Thurman or even little Mikey Garcia instead of a 41 year old defensive fighter 2 years retired, he risks getting his butt killed. Not going to see him in the boxing ring again.

Old 08-30-2017, 07:59 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,187,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
My guess is that the brass at the UFC will convince him never to return to boxing. If he steps into the ring with a GGG, Canelo, Thurman or even little Mikey Garcia instead of a 41 year old defensive fighter 2 years retired, he risks getting his butt killed. Not going to see him in the boxing ring again.
I'd like to see Crawford in there with him. If he says Mayweather "didn't hit hard," after he gets off the floor, I wonder how much he'll criticize Crawford's punching power.

The thing is, it's kind of cowardly for him to pick on small guys with the assumption he can beat them. He was lucky it was Mayweather who can punch, but is not considered a puncher in boxing.

GGG would probably just steam roll McGregor into two piece combination and that would be it. Not much of a fight.

Canelo would put a sustained maybe 20 second beating on him. Jacobs puts him out faster than Quillin.

Crawford would give him a steady and sustained beat down, but it wouldn't last long at all.

The thing about McGregor is that he's a bully. I mean, Mayweather was just getting started with what would be a sustained beat down and McGregor quit after just a few shots and looked absolutely helpless and even desperate at times.

That's what you call a bully. He got a bully beat down. The thing with the guys up top is that they are real Gs.

I mean, one of em is a triple G. And that's not joke. Guy does not shed a tear. All business. I seen it on the 24/7.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:46 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
nowhere to go but up, WWE is next
He could be a great heel a la Rock. He has the charisma.

Old 08-31-2017, 04:01 PM

536 posts, read 323,097 times
McGregor would get beaten by even average boxers from his weight . He has no future in boxing . Should get back to ufc . He was fourtunate to fight against lighthitting boxer , Mayweather . Had it been boxer of golovkin's characteristic in the ring with McGregor the fight would have ended in very brutal fashion .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing