Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 10:29 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,771,086 times

Advertisements

Mayweather is gonna lose by ko...that's the only way I think he can lose because on points it's hard to hit him because he loves to hit and run, so I think Mosley will win by ko because he wants so bad to show Floyd that Floyd hasn't been against anyone like him yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 11:22 PM

8,276 posts, read 23,008,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Mayweather is gonna lose by ko...that's the only way I think he can lose because on points it's hard to hit him because he loves to hit and run, so I think Mosley will win by ko because he wants so bad to show Floyd that Floyd hasn't been against anyone like him yet.
I don't see Floyd losing at all, but then again I am no boxing expert.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:39 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,771,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I don't see Floyd losing at all, but then again I am no boxing expert.

The only reason I think Mosley has a chance at a knockout is because of his power and speed when comparing Mosley against all of Mayweather's other opponents..If the fight goes to a decision I will say that Mayweather will win because of how he hits and runs.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:51 AM

10,168 posts, read 20,716,770 times
Since both of these fighters are counter punchers I don't see this being a very exciting fight. Mosley will have to press the action, and unless he can effectively cut off the ring, he'll be chasing Floyd in circles all night. Not sure he'll be able to catch Floyd long enough to open up on him and create a knock out opportunity. Most KO's happen as a result of combinations, and pinning Floyd on the ropes long enough to get an effective combination off will be the key. De La Hoya has the same power as Shane and couldn't really hurt Floyd, so it's not going to be easy. I'm hoping Mosley wins, but I think Floyd will coast to a UD victory in a very anti-climactic flight. At the end, both fighters will probably look like they can go 10 more rounds.

Old 04-30-2010, 03:45 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,298,121 times
That's a good observance CoolHand68. Styles do make fights, we might have a boring fight being that these guys are counter-punchers, but I am counting on Mosley's aggressiveness. Mosley has been known to take the bull by its horns so it could swing that way. With that being said, I think your prediction is most correct. Let me close by saying my wish, Shane if you're reading this, KNOCK THE CRAP OUT OF HIM. PLEASE KNOCK HIM OUT!!!!

Old 04-30-2010, 04:42 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,307,406 times
Default How could Mosley win?

There are three ways that Mosley could win this fight:

1) Mayweather breaks his hands and can't return fire. Mosley will be all over him then, looking better than he really is.

2) They agreed before the fight that Mayweather will lose, so a rematch could make them both a lot of money.

3) Mosley pulls a Tarver and catches Floyd with that lucky haymaker.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:16 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,307,406 times
Default Weigh-in pics

Floyd looks more ripped, the result of youth, extreme workouts, and activity in the ring. He's more than ready. Mosley looks less ripped, the result of age, inactivity, extreme workouts, and a severe DIET! Both look impressive, but Floyd looks like he has the edge.
Attached Thumbnails
Mosley vs Mayweather-weigh2.jpg  

Last edited by LexusNexus; 04-30-2010 at 06:33 PM..

Old 05-01-2010, 12:53 PM

63 posts, read 182,472 times
Can any of you folks let me know where to watch the fight tonight? anywhere btwn Chapel Hill and Raleigh? Most appreciated. Don't want to spend the $50 bucks to pipe it in -don't have any local friends that are boxing fans.. Most appreciated

Old 05-01-2010, 04:15 PM

1,576 posts, read 6,331,042 times
I want to see Mosley win and I think a prime Mosley would, but Mosley is past his prime. Saw a recent clip of him on ESPN and he seems just a tad punchy. Boxing is a tough game, and I fear Sugar Shane has been at it a little too long to beat Mayweather.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:10 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,438,392 times
Now I remember why I don't watch boxing anymore. Boring as expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing